Desert of the Dead, fantasy wargaming miniatures!

The only that bothers me is the possibility of a No Deal Brexit.

If there is a Brexit with a deal, we can still import stuff without customs till the end of 2020.

So there will be enough time for this. since they aim to fulfill at March.

With a No Deal Brexit the Netherlands ( and I assume other EU countries) will implement customs at once!

Meaning I would have to pay like 4% import and 21% customs, so a whopping 25% of the value would become extra costs.

This worries me, and I have asked if they have a plan B for that.

Honestly I doubt that because nobody knows what's going to happen for sure.

And now I find myself thinking.

I want this.

Will I take the chance?

Or will I drop out, for now, keep a minumum open so I have access to the PM, that will be open till December and it should be clear in October if there is a Brexit with or without a deal?

And if so, then wait till retail and buy units piecemeal to avoid the high taxes, and stay under the value that will be taxed?

In that case I will have paid more for shipping in the end.

Any thoughts from you guys?

• Sad 1
  • Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine arrived today too. Sucked up most of my attention. I was able to play a bit with stuff at lunch. The sorceress on volocigator is pretty awesome... though I managed to break her so I converted her

Greenstuffworld Roller pins, I have cobblestone, Greek, Egyptian, Aztec and Plain. ( the latter is for flattening the putty/clay before you apply a motif) These are awesome!   Some

Actually mine came in the mail today, so no tracking info for my order was ever emailed   But at least it came to the right address    

Posted Images

It bothers me less because it's an actual British company. So there is no way to get their stuff other than through the UK. It's comparable to getting stuff straight from the US, with all the import fees, and they don't really have an alternative, since the miniatures are made in the UK.

It bothers me if other projects fulfill through the UK for all of the EU despite not being an UK company, because it might make no sense with the Brexit.

But I'm not sure how they should offer an alternative, since the stuff is made in the UK and has to get out somehow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Nunae said:

It bothers me less because it's an actual British company. So there is no way to get their stuff other than through the UK. It's comparable to getting stuff straight from the US, with all the import fees, and they don't really have an alternative, since the miniatures are made in the UK.

It bothers me if other projects fulfill through the UK for all of the EU despite not being an UK company, because it might make no sense with the Brexit.

But I'm not sure how they should offer an alternative, since the stuff is made in the UK and has to get out somehow.

Correct.

It's either I get it all now for KS price and maybe pay a fee,(it might also not happen if there is Brexit with Deal,) or buy everything when it gets released.

Then I would have to wait for everything and I would need to buy it in small amounts to avoid customs.

I would also miss out on freebies.

It's more that I'm not used to paying fees for UK stuff and IF it becomes a No Deal Brexit it will be a steep tax for so many minis..

Yesterday I got an order from the USA, Crocodile Games and I paid customs..so I get that.

With Reaper going through the UK for us, I'm not sure yet if I will take that risk again.

I'll probably back Bones V for a dollar or so and then wait.

Idk, with German customs the amount of money you're alowed to spend bevor the 19% import tax thing strinkes is really, really low. I'd also assume that postal rates are going to increase dramatically if they Brexit hard, right now the campaign wants 4 pounds from me.

So paying shipping a bunch of times on really small orders + price increase after KS doesn't sound like a whole lot of savings to me ...

Other question: the monsters that aren't really in the big unit packs but are being sold in teams of 5 also come with different sculpts, don't they?

• Like 2

Next Goal:

image.png.9cf53d3177f232aecdad227ad8bd03ba.png

They also upped the pledges

image.png.23bb6e4caaa3aac41e97db7a7102f850.png

image.png.a2645a6d493ef19add9cc2ceccced164.png

image.thumb.png.66b3a418171e2482b7e5aafeaefea574.png

image.png.ba72e69ecbab6024ae897d4e42be9c3d.pngimage.thumb.png.2d589101a5a06e3cf42a870b741a33ce.pngimage.png.c332c590a45d5a4554121e0e3365efe8.png

image.png.883a8baab79ff9e0037f8a4af0813042.png

image.png

2 minutes ago, Nunae said:

Idk, with German customs the amount of money you're alowed to spend bevor the 19% import tax thing strinkes is really, really low. I'd also assume that postal rates are going to increase dramatically if they Brexit hard, right now the campaign wants 4 pounds from me.

So paying shipping a bunch of times on really small orders + price increase after KS doesn't sound like a whole lot of savings to me ...

Other question: the monsters that aren't really in the big unit packs but are being sold in teams of 5 also come with different sculpts, don't they?

Yes, the creator has mentioned that it would probably be like 3 different poses, and maybe even 5 for some.

Also, thanks!

You're right.

• Like 1

The RPG Monster pledges will contain 1 randomly chosen sculpt of each monster, which I assumed (since it's likely that they can't manufacture one ogre without also manufacturing his pals). I might roll the dice and get two packs of the RPG Monsters, since that seems like a sweet spot for having something fight my players.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Nunae said:

The RPG Monster pledges will contain 1 randomly chosen sculpt of each monster, which I assumed (since it's likely that they can't manufacture one ogre without also manufacturing his pals). I might roll the dice and get two packs of the RPG Monsters, since that seems like a sweet spot for having something fight my players.

Those RPG monster packs are ideal for people who want just a few, also the larger booster gives small amounts of humans, mummies and elves.

Good thinking on their part.

Me? I'm doomed, I will have an enormous Tomb King army including enemies/allies and I already have an enormous Jungle Army for my Lost World..

Oh well, one has to have fun right?

• Like 2

RPG was asked for a lot and they thankfully delivered. So often those army kickstarters put me off because I don't need kilos of footsoldiers.

I feel like pledging for the RPG Pledge, booster and Monster 1 & 2 pretty much gives me a complete desert setting. There is some other stuff I'm considering, the Gorgon commander and the Banshee seem like a must-have, so does the fire godess (even though I'm still sad she's not human sized). Giants and the various undead heroes depend on how they look in the final render. Hydra seems pretty cool, so do some of the mounted units, but I rarely do mounted combat and I have no space to display painted miniatures, so no need buying for that purpose.

Now we just need not-Dragonborn, since those are the only people that are actually confirmed to live in my D&D world's desert ^_^

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I do not game.

I paint for fun/display.

However I love creating armies and painting them.

The Undead ( And especially the Egyptian ones) are one of my favorite subjects next to the Reptiles.

I pledged for the megadeal and added funds for add ons like scarabs, vishgor etc etc.

I wonder if dropping that and go for the Undead Army, The Slaves Horde, and all the add ons I want ( including Elf Hydra, All their warmachines and cavalry and command and gorgons) would suit me better.

On the one hand I will not have certain troops, on the other hand I will not have to resell those halflings and rumbleslam and mdf things.

I have been over and over it and the money involved will then be a matter of a few pounds more or less.

They have promised that tomorrow there might be an ultimate pledge, curious to see what that will be.

Hope I will be able to, tomorrow the vet will take X-rays of Brutus ribcage, something is not right there, and I'm afraid for what it might be.

Depending on the news I will be in the mood for hobby stuff or not..

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

The difference between the Elf Battalion and the new Elf Army Pledge:

Yeah the Elf army is saving me about $60pounds vs 2 elf battalions and add ons

Edit: I do lose out on 1 Hydra, 1 Gorgon commander, 1 sorceress and 1 standard, but I didnt need those duplicates anyway.

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 3

Right now I have the Megadeal and added funds.

I have ( again) done some math.

I will wait for the ultimate pledge and what it contains and how far we get things unlocked.

Supposed we unlock everything and I don't want the ultimate pledge then I'm considering to change my pledge and use the same amount of money for:

Army of the Dead                                                         Elf Heavy Cavalry

Necromancer                                                                Elf Cloud Slicer

Unit of Slaves                                                                Elf Hydra

Unit of Slave Busts                                                       Mounted Sunblaze Hexes

Resin Accessories                                                        Mounted Hex Sorceress

Liche Chariot                                                                  Elf Sorceress on Flying Mount

Tomb Jackals                                                                 Elf Queen

Sphinx Hounds                                                               Gorgon Commander

Jackal Horrors                                                                Gorgon Spears

Scarab Monsters                                                            Elf Chariots

Jackal Alpha                                                                    Elf Sorceress

Ox and Cart                                                                      Gorgon Archers

Vishgor                                                                              Assasins

Undead Heavy Cavalry                                                    2 packs of 25 mm square bases

Egyptian Skeletons                                                          Set of 15 movement trays 

Undead Titan Spellcaster

This will give me all I want for the same amount of money.

I will have no stuff I really don't want ( like the Halflings/Rumbleslam/MDF) which I would have to resell.

And only a few duplicates I can still sell or trade.

Depending if the Undead Cavalry/Egyptian Skeletons/ Titan are unlocked.

If not I will add those funds to some other units I like.

It does mean I will have no bolt throwers or foot troops for the Elves, but since I only paint for fun and creating armies, I figure this could be a highly mobile force, relying on cavalry, gorgons, chariots and a flyer, the queen, sorceress and assassins are on a hill overlooking the battlefield, the assassins are their bodyguards.

I could always pick up some stuff later.

I'll think about this, maybe add another 40 and add the Golden Guards and the Slayers or something.

It will be a last minute decision, but this way I'm prepared for it.

Unless they release another one of those pesky awesome add ons!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
Just now, Kro said:

Does anyone who backed the last one have pictures of what the got?

There were some pics of painted minis from the last KS these were shown during the current campaign.

Here they are:

image.png.ef91330d1262e88b0813513cb4927eba.pngimage.png.3e88fb14020afc77b52890e0e1be7577.png

image.png.b8b023011d5a5fe39b51541a8599339b.pngimage.png.b011971af146884453cfc91310082e60.pngimage.png.c5b31df51c40b8b52e2a52bd566beee4.pngimage.png.212c5f85f644324de3747e5df45d255b.pngimage.png.253db25a347b0a6f56ddc6399fa0919e.pngimage.thumb.png.593c117459205160af9a552b54547f89.pngimage.png.802a12303bb4659963007bf88d9ad621.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1