Sign in to follow this  
Knight of the Dinner Table

Desert of the Dead, fantasy wargaming miniatures!

I filled out my Backerkit. Will try to add more before it closes in December. I want the Lynx girls, Maybe the Heavy Cavalry, Maybe the Bath on Triceratops and Maybe the Desert titan (or big desert titan).

• Like 2

Looks like it's a dead battalion for me, with a few added characters, as if I just get what I want I'm at 135GBP, if I get the Dead Battalion plus extras I'm at 141GBP, so for the 6GBP I may as well get an extra 20 mummies, chariot, anubti and centaurs!

• Like 3

BackerKit says 12cm tall, which sounds plausible given the price, but also sounds like a rather unimpressive pyramid at 28mm scale. I mean, a pyramid that's just over four humans high is... well, an impressive sand pixie structure, I guess?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Arkady said:

BackerKit says 12cm tall, which sounds plausible given the price, but also sounds like a rather unimpressive pyramid at 28mm scale. I mean, a pyramid that's just over four humans high is... well, an impressive sand pixie structure, I guess?

That was a concern of mine, too. Maybe it's just buried under tons of sand?

• Like 2

I'm currently sitting at $282.. thats not sustainable for me.. but I'm waiting on a lot of renders.. i also added both of the 220mm figures, even though I think I'm really only going to get the titan in that size.. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

That was a concern of mine, too. Maybe it's just buried under tons of sand?

You could roll with that interpretation, though I'd argue the steps are way too small for that. At 20 on the 12cm model, assuming a 28mm scale, these are closer to modern stair steps than huge stepped pyramid steps.

One thing that was a thing during some Egyptian dynasties were smaller stepped cult pyramids (not actually used to bury anyone important), which this piece would would work for.

But as a truly impressive pyramid, I'd say the piece just won't work at 28mm.

• Like 3

Well, as we all know, the pyramids were power plants gifted by our ancient alien astronaut visitors that served as Tesla Towers and helped the flow of Vril across the empire. This Pyramid/Vril battery is small, because it is on the outskirts of the empire and power needs are modest. We just need some  Dendera light bulbs to complete the scene. Though this one could also be in disrepair as the working one would have been encased in polished limestone and had a smooth reflective surface and been capped in gold. 

Perhaps the shifty Halflings stole the gold, and dismantled the limestone to be used in other construction, not realizing what the true purpose of the pyramid was. Maybe the undead, once an ancient advanced power, took the secrets of the pyramids with them in their eternal sleepless slumber. Or, maybe the elves, knowing that mankind could not be trusted with such power, now wage an eternal war to rid the world of all traces of this dangerous technology. 

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Not gonna lie, I'm kind of wishing I hadn't had to back out, but such is life.  Stupid surprise bills jumping out at you even when you have budgets and funds for various things... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Not gonna lie, I'm kind of wishing I hadn't had to back out, but such is life.  Stupid surprise bills jumping out at you even when you have budgets and funds for various things... 

I actually felt bad about backing. I mean, I had already told my wife I was. Spent less then I had quoted. But.... We had a few surprise expenses come up, as well as expenses that we knew were coming... but... still felt bad.

• Like 3