Desert of the Dead, fantasy wargaming miniatures!

On 1/24/2020 at 2:23 PM, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

At this point, I guess it's either "don't buy certain minis" or "trust the creator"

I'm concerned that the scope is much much larger than the halflings, so "only" went for the RPG pledge. 

However, I've also dropped Bones V and Zombicide 2nd, because I'm concerned about the unpainted miniatures taking over yet another room in the house... <_<

• Like 2

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, ced1106 said:

I'm concerned that the scope is much much larger than the halflings, so "only" went for the RPG pledge. 

However, I've also dropped Bones V and Zombicide 2nd, because I'm concerned about the unpainted miniatures taking over yet another room in the house... <_<

Aw, come on ... 20 minis don't take up THAT much space ;) ... not even 20 in every room ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

I was really trying to limit myself.. then I got the new job.. ugh.. if they weren't delivering while I was still running Mummy's mask that would help.. 

Mummy's Mask is in my head as well. (Wanna play! not run it!)

If there are any mass battles, you might be able to have a wargame from it as well.

The Auld Grump *EDIT* Guess who is using his wife's computer, and forgot to log in?.... (Megan is painting a new companion for her character in Andrew's game - we are now in the depths of faerie. Now we both have Faerie companions!)

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 3

The halfling KS was great, delivered in a timely fashion, and was mostly as shown.

An exemplary Kickstarter, which made it hugely likely we would back this one.

When they had problems they told their patrons, and explained why the color of the resin changed, and showed a picture of the blobby swamp creature that was blobbier than planned, because the resin didn't mix properly.

It was how a Kickstarter SHOULD be run.

12 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Okay, it is obviously time for bed.

I just saw that Megan had posted, and rushed over to see what she said... forgetting that I had forgotten to log in, and it was my own post.... <_<

Nappy time.

The Auld Grump - I had plans, but sleep is more important.

It wasn't that you were tired, dear.

That was a caffeine and sugar crash.

You went through two liters at the game, got home, puttered for a while, then nosedived when the Mountain Dew left your system.

• Like 2

I keep going back and forth on what I want to get.  The army deals are great value, but do I need hundreds of more miniatures that I highly doubt I'll ever get around to painting?  And yes, I definitely understand need is not really a consideration.  So...do I want to spend money on hundreds of miniatures that will likely get packed away for years/forever?  I better decide quickly.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

I keep going back and forth on what I want to get.  The army deals are great value, but do I need hundreds of more miniatures that I highly doubt I'll ever get around to painting?  And yes, I definitely understand need is not really a consideration.  So...do I want to spend money on hundreds of miniatures that will likely get packed away for years/forever?  I better decide quickly.

You could paint what you do need and resell some.

• Like 2

Just got an email that this pledge manager is about to be locked down. So if you haven’t done so...lock it down...

also seeing Auld grump posting as 2 different people got me wondering. Is there really a Megan? Or is it just Auld Grump in a Megan wig posting Norman Bates style... sometimes he is Grump sometimes he is His other personality... one just likes halflings more... and human skin suits less...,:blink:

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

You could paint what you do need and resell some.

Undead paint fast, and work great with a Dip method.

I use Dip a lot of fast paint jobs - I painted most of the Terrain Crate in something like a week, and the Night Stalkers for Kings of War in less than that. ::):

• Like 4

I decided to add the Elves I wanted.

With the Brexit this will be okay now, but nobody knows what it will look like after December 31th 2020.

Then the customs deal ends.

I opted for a Cavalry/Fast force.

The Cleric, The Queen and the Sorceress I added earlier will get the Bones V Hydra to make a support/command unit.

The flying and dino stuff will be the swift hit and run force I wanted.

So I added.

Elven Queen

Cleric Adventurer

Elven Cloud Slicer

Elven Chariots

Elven Sunblaze Hexes on Velocigators

Elven Bright Riders on Velocigators

Elven Heavy Cavalry on Craniogons

Elven Sunblaze Hex Sorceress on Velocigator

Elven Sorceress on Terrorgon

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Undead paint fast, and work great with a Dip method.

I use Dip a lot of fast paint jobs - I painted most of the Terrain Crate in something like a week, and the Night Stalkers for Kings of War in less than that. ::):

You're not helping my resolve.  :-)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Smokestack said:

Just got an email that this pledge manager is about to be locked down. So if you haven’t done so...lock it down...

also seeing Auld grump posting as 2 different people got me wondering. Is there really a Megan? Or is it just Auld Grump in a Megan wig posting Norman Bates style... sometimes he is Grump sometimes he is His other personality... one just likes halflings more... and human skin suits less...,:blink:

No, there is a Grump that sometimes forgets that there is a Megan around, messing with the computers....

Megan is much better about logging in than I am, I have about forty years of being the only one on my computers - a mere... five... six... years is not enough... time... ... .... Okay, I'ma shut up now, I'm just digging the idiot husband hole deeper. :rolleyes: Megan remembers, and I forget.

It was so much easier when we both had computers that weren't falling apart, so didn't share as much.

The Auld Grump - until Megan, I haven't even had to share a work computer in twenty years. In the back of my brain, all the computers and devices belong to me.... Even when I am the one that insists that she should be the one that gets the new computer. (It's fast! It's quiet! It's hers, dammit!) My old busted laptop is slow and noisy..... (My new computer is this year. Eventually. And will be a laptop, so I can work in the dark corners of fast food restaurants.)

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 4