Desert of the Dead, fantasy wargaming miniatures!

I checked my reward.

Got a huge order with all of the Undead and all of the Elven Cavalry including skyship and chariots.

Most look great.

I got a few broken speartips and a lot of flash.

I do have two maybe three issues though and emailed TTcombat about that.

Let's see what they say.

My issues.

Mummy Centaur Archers.

I can build 8 out of 10.

Two of them won't mix, they have mismatching halves ( honestly why someone needs to create more than two versions I have no idea it will only make it more difficult to pick the right one)

My main issue the Undead Heavy Cavalry.

I got the wrong weapons/shield mix for the wrong riders.

The battle standard bearer is alright he comes with both arms attached, apart from him I can only make one rider with a shield and spear.

Somehow I got 2 RIGHT drummer arms so I need a left one.

And then I got 6 LEFT spear arms, 2 RIGHT spear arms and One RIGHT arm shield ( leaving me with a bunch of spears and no shields.

Also some riders have arms and others not but the spears already all have arms so useless for most riders.

And then something I'm not sure of, it could be a missing part or it could be just the design.

I got the fire elemental ( one in an RPG Monster pack) but it has no head.

Is this how it's supposed to look or am I missing a head?

I have emailed them, included the pics, will see what happens.

All in all I like the bigger monsters, characters and vehicles.

Not too impressed with the rank and file though.

Some look like 25mm instead of 28mm.

Will probably sell off a bunch on the evilbay.

20210109_145731.jpg

20210109_150232.jpg

20210110_115602.jpg

20210110_115606.jpg

20210110_115847.jpg

20210110_115850.jpg

20210110_115853.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine arrived today too. Sucked up most of my attention. I was able to play a bit with stuff at lunch. The sorceress on volocigator is pretty awesome... though I managed to break her so I converted her

Greenstuffworld Roller pins, I have cobblestone, Greek, Egyptian, Aztec and Plain. ( the latter is for flattening the putty/clay before you apply a motif) These are awesome!   Some

Actually mine came in the mail today, so no tracking info for my order was ever emailed   But at least it came to the right address    

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Lihmeth said:

The Box has arrived, and holy broccoli is it huge! I had quite the struggle trying to get it up the stairs :lol:

Congrats!

Do check the contents!

I've seen another backer who said he missed all right arms from a unit.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Congrats!

Do check the contents!

I've seen another backer who said he missed all right arms from a unit.

I've been working on it, its going to take a few days to go through it all :lol: I thought I was missing two lower jaws for my hydra, but it turned out that two of the heads have closed mouths :) so far all I've checked is complete

• Like 3

I have received an answer.

They are going to send me the parts I miss.

Also, the Fire Elemental is complete and is supposed to look like this.

I was a bit wondering where his head was, but it's fire...

• Like 1
On 1/10/2021 at 12:24 PM, Glitterwolf said:

My main issue the Undead Heavy Cavalry.

I got the wrong weapons/shield mix for the wrong riders.

The battle standard bearer is alright he comes with both arms attached, apart from him I can only make one rider with a shield and spear.

Somehow I got 2 RIGHT drummer arms so I need a left one.

And then I got 6 LEFT spear arms, 2 RIGHT spear arms and One RIGHT arm shield ( leaving me with a bunch of spears and no shields.

Also some riders have arms and others not but the spears already all have arms so useless for most riders.

20210110_115602.jpg

20210110_115606.jpg

20210110_115847.jpg

20210110_115850.jpg

20210110_115853.jpg

I checked mine, make sure you check the horse's heads. Some heads have reins attached, some don't, in that case the reins are on the body. Some of the reins have a left hand a some have a right hand and some have no hand. The leader is the only one with a shield, all the others use one hand to hold the reins and have a spear in their other hand. There are two or three horses without a hand holding the reins, those are for the commander, banner bearer and musician (off the top of mt head). Took me a bit of puzzling but my group is complete, and then I put them in separate baggies so I don't have to work it all out again.

I  got the ultimate pledge, and I'm very impressed. The castings have a lot of flash, but also a lot of detail and character. Most troops have 5 poses + 3 command. I have a few broken spear tips, and possibly 3 missing velocigators from my elven chariots (those are supposed to have 2 each I think), no other issues and about 20 extra models including a set of adventurers that wasn't included in the pledge :D

Edited by Lihmeth
Added stuff
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Lihmeth said:

I checked mine, make sure you check the horse's heads. Some heads have reins attached, some don't, in that case the reins are on the body. Some of the reins have a left hand a some have a right hand and some have no hand. The leader is the only one with a shield, all the others use one hand to hold the reins and have a spear in their other hand. There are two or three horses without a hand holding the reins, those are for the commander, banner bearer and musician (off the top of mt head). Took me a bit of puzzling but my group is complete, and then I put them in separate baggies so I don't have to work it all out again.

I will check that.

Still need a left drummer arm at the least then.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Lihmeth said:

I'm sure they'll set you up :) hopefully that's the only thing missing

So far that and the Centaur Archers ( 2 mismatching bodies) they did reply, so I have good hope.

Got my box today.  Was never notified about shipping, but when I looked at Backerkit just now it DOES show "shipped".  Based on comments above I will have to dump everything out and check pieces.  Thought they made in a mistake in that there are two Sorceress on Terragons in the box, but turns out I actually ordered two.  Huh.  Don't know why I did that!  Anyone need one (drop me a PM)?  :rolleyes:

• Like 2