Desert of the Dead, fantasy wargaming miniatures!

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, ratsmitglied said:

Still waiting on mine to even ship...

me too.

but I have traded messages with them, and they have said my order is still in the Q. 

So I wait, for the one figure I ordered.  

still not sure if I should have thrown in another 100. but really what would I do with 60 zombies, even if the elves were really cool. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

These kickstarters with tons of options are often the worst when you order a lot because that means you go to the back despite spending the most. You have to wait for everything to be finished and still in stock while other orders are going out the door. 

Yes, but in this case there are quite a few people waiting who didn't have particularly large or complex orders - in my case it was a basic dead battalion pledge with two added characters

Apart from prioritising EU material to get it out before Brexit their descriptions have been pretty much that they're being done fairly randomly

Went through my order and it looks like everything is correct.  I might have some Gorgon lower bodies that don't match, but without cutting everything apart and test fitting, it's really hard to see.  Man!  there's a LOT of cleanup that has to happen on these figures!  Lots of small attachment points as well.  Not going to be a throw together quick project to get these done, that's for sure.  Should look pretty darned nice by the time all is said and done though. 

Anyone have thoughts on the MDF bases they included?  I tend to use 3mm plywood ones from Litko for most of my basing needs. Not sure how well the MDF will hold up?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mckenna35 said:

Anyone have thoughts on the MDF bases they included?  I tend to use 3mm plywood ones from Litko for most of my basing needs. Not sure how well the MDF will hold up?

I've used MDF bases for a lot of things, they are usually absolutely fine - if anything my experience with MDF is that it's better than Plywood for this application

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1