Jump to content

  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By TPSminis
      This is my first post here on the forums, but I've been a fan of Reaper for a while now.  I've also been painting a while, but only got serious about learning in the last couple years.  I've been working at tabletop ready level until I set my sights on these two frost giants.  The detail is amazing in these models, so I felt like I had to throw myself into it and produce the best paint job I could.  These are the very first pieces I've ever felt were worth considering entering into a competition of any sort.  They are currently my best work, and yet I know that I have a long way to go with much to learn.  Together they took 5 days to complete, working about 6-8 hours each day while I recover from shoulder surgery.
       
      Some quick notes:
      1. The bases are what came with the minis, please disregard them, I plan on following up in this post with custom bases for each of them.
      2. The Winter Wolf that belongs to the one with the spear is not done yet.  He'll be forthcoming in time.
      3. Yes, I modded the spear.  I cut off the head and used a spare brush protector tube to connect it to a wood dowel.  I used a stain marker on the wood dowel and painted the spear head and tube.  This meant that I had to drill out her hand.  It was a bit dicey, but it turned out well, I think.
       
      Thanks,
       
      TPSminis




       
       




    • By PurpleLlama
      I haven’t posted in a while.  Been mostly painting terrain for the past 8 months or so.  Finally getting back to some minis.
       
      So I picked up the Wizkids frost giant last fall to paint up as Harashnag for my Storm Kings Thunder campaign.  He had been sitting around for a while and I finally got a chance to get him painted.  
       
      The right arm actually wasn’t glued in very well so I was able to paint with it out of the way for the most part.  As usual with these Wizkids pre-primes, I didn’t clean up any mold lines though I probably should have this time around.  C&C welcome!
       
       




    • By Lidless Eye
      A set of Frost Giantesses from Bones 4
       

       
       

       
       
       

       
       
       
    • By Crowley
      Giants are one of the types of monsters that I rarely use in my own game, but I happen to be playing in Storm King's Thunder, which is an entire module about giants. So yet again I find myself painting some monsters for my DM to use against me. This time it includes the Frost Giant King that I skipped out of Bones 3. 
       
      I primed them with Reaper's Liners, Red for the Fire Giant Jailer, Grey for the Frost Giant King, and Blue for the Storm Giant. 

      Much like the Sepia Liner, Red Liner doesn't seem to have the same adhesive quality as the Brown, Blue, and Grey Liners. Also, for some reason it smells really bad. However mostly it was the rubbing off issue that caused me to repaint it. 
       
      After priming them over the weekend, I sat down tonight and spent about 2 hours getting as much done as I could, hoping to have them table ready for Wednesday. I've got another 2 hours or so tomorrow that I'll get to spend on them, so here's hoping... 

    • By Guyscanwefocusplease
      Hi all,
       
      It's been awhile since I have painted!  Summers are always busy for me.
       
      A few months back I was approached by an old friend who got back into DnD.  He started to buy some minis, and I showed him my profile here.
       
      Back in June, he called me to ask if I would be interested in painting a special character for his campaign- Harshnag the frost giant.  The mini looked cool and I really wanted to help him out, so I said bring it on!
       
      It's taken me far too long to do this, but you know what? I kind of like re-paints.  There's a level of pressure that's taken off with color choice that is really nice.
       
      Anyway, I didn't take many pictures, but here are a few.
       
      This is what arrived- pre-painted from WOTC, but only color blocking (ans often a bit sloppy in places). The whole thing would need to be painted over since I'd probably mess up color matching.
       
       

       
      Here's after having done steps 1-10 or so.  Model mostly re-painted and shaded, highlighted, and drybrushed where it needs to be.  Still some work to do on the leather. Also decided to add in some bronze for a pop of color- though my buddy specified he wants it weathered and worn down.
       

       
      Here we are after doing the verdigris.  The chainmail will be rusted as well- after doing the final verdigris highlights I'll move to the chainmail.
       


       
      I really like the messy verdigris look- I think it draws my eyes to it more, though I'll be continuing to refine a range of verdigris effects in this and future works.  The nice thing is I am working on a quick and dirty verdigris technique that I think works really well!
       
      Anyway, enjoy! C&C welcome as always.
  • Who's Online   42 Members, 2 Anonymous, 193 Guests (See full list)

×