Sign in to follow this  
MechJunkie

Does anyone play Frostgrave?

I discovered Frostgrave about a year ago. I thought, "Oh! What fun! now I can actually have a use for all those painted miniatures on my shelves." Unfortunately, no one in my area plays, as far as I know. I'd like to get some inspiration and see what miniatures from Reaper people have chosen for their warbands. The official Frostgrave range really doesn't cut it for me. 

• Like 1

Searching for Frostgrave on the forum should show several threads about the topic both in Show Off and on the General Fantasy sub forums.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MechJunkie said:

I'd like to get some inspiration and see what miniatures from Reaper people have chosen for their warbands. The official Frostgrave range really doesn't cut it for me. 

You can use ANY figure for Frostgrave that meets the requirements. I for example use Kingdom Death minis as stand-ins.

• Like 1

Yes, as @Citrine says, there have been a lot of Forstgrave threads over the years.

And beyond searching for "Frostgrave", I'd also try searching in the Show Off sub-forum for the various wizarding schools.

Here's a thread on  a Forstgrave campaign we did in 2017, with lots of photos:  https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/72438-frostgrave-campaign-2017/

And here's our 2016 Campaign:  https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/67532-frostgrave-campaign-2016/

Also, if you're interested, here's a terrain making thread I did: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/65327-chriss-frostgrave-ghost-archipelago-terrain-efforts/

As for Reaper figures, here's some warbands I did with a bunch of Reaper figures in them them, though there are a few other manufacturers sprinkled in.  These are probably posted in the Show Off sub-forum as well, but it was easier for me just to grab the photos off my computer  than  to search the forum.

Illusionist Warband: (First, Second, Third, Fourth Fifth, and Sixth are Reaper)

fullsizeoutput_2e9.jpeg

Sigilist Warband:  (First, Third, Fifth, and Sixth are Reaper)

fullsizeoutput_1753.jpeg

Enchanter Warband: (First, Second, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth are Reaper)

fullsizeoutput_8c3.jpeg

Chronomancer Warband:  (First, Second, and Eighth are Reaper)

fullsizeoutput_a28.jpeg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I love Frostgrave, check out Rangers of Shadow Deep as well which is by same author. 

The thing to do is put together 2 or 3 bands. That is still only 20 player figures (if you have to paint them new) , then monsters. 

Reaper Bones covers pretty much all of the random encounter monsters that you need, and does tons of suitable wizards, rogues, and warriors. Basically, most adventurers seem to look a bit cold and a bit greedy/hacked off, which seems to work. Some ideas below. All Reaper bar one. 

Screenshot_20190811-114156.png

Screenshot_20190811-114121.png

Screenshot_20190811-114105.png

Screenshot_20190811-114052.png

Screenshot_20190811-113956.png

Screenshot_20190811-113854.png

• Like 7