Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Bones Female Fighters

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hello guys and gals!

so this is the first figure I ever painted, even though these aren't that version.  The first version, which is actually the one you see below that was painted first years ago, is actually the original stripped version that I would have painted when is was probably about twelve.  The original one was painted in model enamel colors, with pink skin, yellow hair and shirts, green paints and I think grey cloak.  I ended up getting back into minis again way back and stripped him before I knew about EBay and was able to get a second copy.  So here's the one I just finished painted a few nights ago:

and here's the one I painted I think in about 2004:

and here they are together:

So anyways, just thought it would be fun to post, now I'm off to go make some organic pancakes for breakfast!

Enjoy!

• By Vytau
      A few weeks ago I posted my Paladin (Essach Stonebreaker) converted from a bones Duke Gerard miniature.  This is that same character, but advanced to more heroic levels (we'll see if he actually lives that long in this campaign lol).  

Presenting Duke Gerard in metal, converted to hold a mace / morningstar / scepter from the "Good" weapons pack from Bones III. 

Like:  First attempt doing anything like the landscape on the shield.  Generally good depth of color.  Got the face much, much better than on the plastic version (part of that is thanks to the sculpt though...better detail). Better management of blonde hair on a pale face, which is tough since that risks being very low-contrast (and by proxy, low-interest).  Better at abutting color - I'm still too reliant on black lining for my line work, which leads to deep shadowing...not always a great look. 

Needs work:  Smooth lines, patience...I'm not painting at tabletop speed or anything, but I'm probably still working too quickly to accomplish show-worthy painting.  Looks great at arms length, but I can notice the hell out of flaws, lumps, and bumps as I get closer.   

Still, it's a step forward for me.  Additionally, I finally got a light box so I can improve the pictures just a wee bit!  In fact, the little white flecks on the substrate are from a previous mini photo shoot ( a white dragon, which I will post later).  My next goals are 1: to get better at slowing down and smoothing out my lines and 2: to work on my mini photography. 

Anyhoo:  here's Duke Gerard, converted into my 5e Paladin of Lathander, Essach Stonebreaker! 

• By Kekso
      Finally I took some time to finish some Bones figures. I hope you like it,

• By 72moonglum
      So here is my latest foray into the past, a miniature that I've had for years and years and years and in a burst of inspiration finally got around to painting her. I've got a few other Citadel minis on my desk to as well that I hope to get to little by little.

So she had a squished nose, so I had to rebuilt it with a bit of green stuff, but otherwise, she's the same mini that I've had lying around since the eighties:

Hope you enjoy, more to come!

• By Vytau
      Duke Gerard converted into my current D&D 5e character (a paladin of Lathander).  Generally happy, except for the face AND ALSO the highlighting on the shield came out too sharp on the black portion.  Will probably go back over it.  The head sculpt is...well...shallow detail and an offset cast.  I did what I could with it. Also put a little too much trust in the "fair skin" triad...low-contrast compared to other triads.  Had to go back with a flesh wash, repaint...got a little lumpy.  

The rose-hewed cloak is for Lathander.  The red-black-gold shield is his family crest. Clipped off his sword and replaced with a mace from the weapons pack. 

100% reaper paints including the steel triad, fair skin triad, gold triad, dragon red & flesh blood.  Black wash on the armor, sepia wash on the gold accents.  Hair is buckskin pale over leather brown.  Rose color is a combination of dragon red and khaki highlight. 

This represents the character at level 5 or so.  Hoping he survives to 10, because I'm painting Duke Gerard in metal to represent a more advanced version of this character. 

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)