Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

Discussion of shipping policy to Australia

Looks like Aetherworks isn't necessarily contacting people (particularly with the Kickstarter replacements) before shipping, and it doesn't look like the AusPost updates are working correctly either - just received notice I have a package from Aetherworks at the Post Office, and I'm not expecting anything else from them

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ratsmitglied said:

Looks like Aetherworks isn't necessarily contacting people (particularly with the Kickstarter replacements) before shipping, and it doesn't look like the AusPost updates are working correctly either - just received notice I have a package from Aetherworks at the Post Office, and I'm not expecting anything else from them

Well, I have a very low opinion of Auspost so you saying their updates aren't working is no surprise. I hope you got all of your goodies!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Pochi said:

Well, I have a very low opinion of Auspost so you saying their updates aren't working is no surprise. I hope you got all of your goodies!

My opinion of AusPost is higher than my opinion of TNT or many other courier companies for getting things to me....but that's a pretty low bar considering that a couple have dumped goods 20km away without advising us...

Unfortunately I won't know until probably Monday whether everything was included (but I trust Reaper to get it right)

• Like 4

So, update...the other half of my pledge finally came today.  Still not happy with the fact that the package took over 6 weeks to get here, but at least I can now call it fulfilled.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Sanwah said:

So, update...the other half of my pledge finally came today.  Still not happy with the fact that the package took over 6 weeks to get here, but at least I can now call it fulfilled.

Glad to hear that your pledge finally arrived.

I've got an order I want to put in direct with reaper, but based on @Pochi's experience I'm going to wait until we know what's happened there until I place the order.

The cynic in me suggests a possible outcome which does not put Aetherworks in a good light!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

40 minutes ago, Sanwah said:

Finally!

I'm happy for you I arrived.

2 hours ago, Goblyn said:

well reaper is on;y care for  US and EU customers... 

As an EU customer, I do not always feel the love.

As a US based Company it is probably to be expected that their main target is US customers.

I love their products and at the moment stuff comes through the UK Hub meaning if it is in stock there it comes pretty quick.

If it is not in stock it takes about 4 to 6 weeks due to shipping it from US to UK and then to me.

Overall I don't mind that much.

I do mind the decline in good communications, it has been mentioned before on the Forum.

Let's hope that will improve.

But quality? Reaper minis are still among the best and I love the fact that they are not afraid to release some very original minis.

Flail Snail anyone?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I do mind the decline in good communications, it has been mentioned before on the Forum. 

i blame the kickstarter

reaper was a much more customer friendly before they hit the jackpot selling plastic minis in advance

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Goblyn said:

i blame the kickstarter

reaper was a much more customer friendly before they hit the jackpot selling plastic minis in advance

They had their lead communications guy leave, and a secondary communications guy retire. I don't think it was just the Kickstarters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, Sanwah said:

I am glad it finally arrived for you! I didn't do Bones 4 but have been planning on doing Bones 5 with a friend to share shipping costs. Bones 3 (that I did do) was way late and it seems they did better with Bones 4 so I am being optimistic for Bones 5. I already know they do the kickstarters through Aetherworks as they started that with Bones 3.

17 hours ago, ratsmitglied said:

Glad to hear that your pledge finally arrived.

I've got an order I want to put in direct with reaper, but based on @Pochi's experience I'm going to wait until we know what's happened there until I place the order.

The cynic in me suggests a possible outcome which does not put Aetherworks in a good light!

It sounds like Australia for sure is getting everything shipped through Aetherworks now. I am not sure about NZ or the rest of Oceania.

So last night I got a message from Aetherworks that they have my order but it missed getting on the Auspost van so it will go out on Monday. So, I guess we'll see how long it takes to get from Sydney to Canberra. (It's a 3 hour drive for anyone wondering). Of course, who knows where Auspost will take it before it comes to me but at least I know it's in the same country!

The lack of communication has been my biggest gripe this whole time. I also wonder how Bones 5 is going to go. Based on the last few where we had tons of banter and communication, I am really wondering how this experience will be.

• Like 4

Good to know they still do free shipping over $100.... The little banner proclaiming that has vanished and you have to chase the shipping information.

I know the freebies were going to Aetherworks thanks to Reaper Live... but hasn't seen how or if the free shipping was happening since.

Sorry to hear you are missing out on your mini's for classes though :(

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MosquitoClarinet said:

As a New Zealander considering backing bones 5, how much does shipping for the kickstarters cost?

I didn't do Bones 4 and I don't remember exactly how much shipping was for Bones 3. My total amount spent was between $500-600 AUD. I'm thinking the shipping was around $150 but don't hold me to it. That was a couple years ago and I really don't remember exactly. I did order quite a bit of stuff and a friend ordered a few things on my order so I got a decent sized box.

2 hours ago, Ishtar said:

Good to know they still do free shipping over $100.... The little banner proclaiming that has vanished and you have to chase the shipping information.

I know the freebies were going to Aetherworks thanks to Reaper Live... but hasn't seen how or if the free shipping was happening since.

Sorry to hear you are missing out on your mini's for classes though :(

Yep, still get the free shipping over $100, thank goodness!

I'm rescheduling the classes for when I get back. It might even be a blessing. My son who lives in LA who I will be visiting has started to play D&D and has asked me to paint some minis for him and his group so I have a lot of painting to get done in the next two weeks!

• Like 4