Sign in to follow this  
bojesphob

Bone 4 Nyarlahotep

With the Joan of Arc dragon finished, and classes for the summer term wrapped up, I moved on to the next mini that I had inspiration for: Nyarlahotep. I started off with the tentacles, and didn't actually have a color for the main carapace until last night when I started on the green. Much left to do on it, but the green turned out better than I thought it was going to, so that's a definite plus :) I started off with a white base, which is unusual because I normally use a black base, mainly because I wanted this to have the colors be a bit brighter. I used some of the GW Contrast paints for certain parts, although I didn't use them in the way that GW intended them to be used - I basically used them as a thicker wash, since I was NOT happy with how they turned out when I followed their instructions for how to use them. I mainly used them on the tongue and over some of the pink areas throughout the tentacles. I haven't even began to think about the base yet. This so far has been one of the most challenging Bones 4 minis I've done when it comes to color selection, as I wanted something different than my normal dark gritty feeling paint job.

Nyarlahotep.jpg

Nyarlahotep2.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

It's always good when someone's work makes me want to paint an identical figure. 

Bones IV must have been quite the offering!

Was able to spend a little bit of time this weekend painting the base. Still have a bunch of touchups and layering to do on nyarlahotep himself yet, but I think the base is close to being done!

Nyarbasefront.jpg

Nyarbaseback.jpg

Nyaronbase.jpg

• Like 9