Sign in to follow this  
ultrasquid

Dungeons & Lasers: Plastic Tabletop Scenery

I didn't see this listed so:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/archonstudio/dungeonsandlasers-plastic-tabletop-rpg-scenery

I received an engineering sample of the product today. They're made of hard gray injection-molded plastic, my guess would be ABS from its hardness and density. The floor and wall ties fit together tightly, though it takes a bit of effort that likely would wear at paint on those surfaces had they been painted. Due to response from earlier sample recipients, the production tiles will be slightly larger than the samples.

Edited by SamuraiJack

How tall are the companions, out of curiosity? 

I'd consider going in, but wow those shipping costs are brutal, and no Canadian friendly shipping either. 

That and money's tied up with Catalyst and TTCombat Kickstarters at the moment...  Sad there aren't that many dogs for the companions. 

42 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

How tall are the companions, out of curiosity

The one included in the sample was a wolf with a sword in its mouth. Its feet stand on the rim of the 25mm circle base and is about 35mm long nose to tip of tail, 20mm tall to the top of its ears. Next to a character figure it looks as big as a normal medium-large dog, which might be a bit small for a wolf but still passable.

The figure came in 6 pieces. It assembled fairly easily without glue, but the head pops off at a dirty look.

Edited by ultrasquid
  • Like 1

It's by Archon / Prodos and Bones V is coming, so I'm skipping. AFAIK, Not all AvP backers have received their product (or, rather, credit or compensation since Prodos lost the license). Or let me know if all the AvP backers have received their stuff.

Looks like previous KS are being shipped, but review the comments. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/archonstudio/rampart-magnetized-modular-terrain-for-tabletop/comments

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/archonstudio/vanguard-of-war-tower-defense-boardgame-with-zombi/comments

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/archonstudio/chronicle-x-by-archon-studio/comments

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/archonstudio/re-load-by-archon-studio/posts/2394444

Edited by ced1106

Yeah, Archon being involved makes me....  Glad I have a bunch of other things typing up my attention, so my jaw doesn't drop at shipping being almost an extra 45% for those not in the US... 

I've received 3 different games from Archon.  Had a few broken fingers in the first game set, but they quickly replaced the models.  Everything else has been great.  The 3rd game is just the first wave so far, but there will be another wave coming.  As far as the games themselves, LOAD is rather dull and I'm probably just going to keep the minis.  Vanguard of War is really a lot of fun.  My group has enjoyed it quite a bit.  Haven't tried VoW Zombies yet, but hope to soon.

• Like 2

It looks beautiful, and lightweight.  I'd probably make up room and corridor sections and leave them mostly intact.  I'm already big into another brand, though, so not likely to back this unless there is a way to just get the animal companions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

It looks beautiful, and lightweight.  I'd probably make up room and corridor sections and leave them mostly intact.  I'm already big into another brand, though, so not likely to back this unless there is a way to just get the animal companions. 

There is, for $39 USD.  Something something druid.  Note that you don't get any stretch goals, but you do get all of the companions. 

Looks great. But ...

- Archon/Prodos: I'm not sure I feel good supporting them

- despite my misgivings, I backed LOAD Boardgame (the expansion, where you could get all the new minis as a pledge level). Some of the minis I received were covered with sticky gunk that was all but impossible to remove.

- fool me once ... but I backed them again, this time for the Temple/Cathedral. Communications were decent, but not good and the Katsumi Temple is months away from shipping, only the Cathedral is shipping.

Still, in for a dollar.

• Sad 1

I dunno.  On the one hand, it's a nice price for dungeon layouts, and it's nice that it looks like it collapses down.

On the other hand... how often do I run dungeons with sharp right angle corners?  Not very often.  I mean, currently I'm running 'Imprisoned in the God-skull', where there's no right angles anywhere. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

- despite my misgivings, I backed LOAD Boardgame (the expansion, where you could get all the new minis as a pledge level). Some of the minis I received were covered with sticky gunk that was all but impossible to remove.

The sample I received was free of any residue.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this