OneBoot

Unofficial forumite dinner on Sunday - 2019 edition

REMINDER: THIS IS TODAY AT 6:30 PM

Date: Sunday, Sep 1st

Time: 6:30 PM

Location: Houlihans (on-site restaurant connected to the hotel) 

Dinner menu:   https://www.houlihans.com/eats-and-drinks/menu/dinner/denton

Gluten-sensitive options (not guaranteed gluten-free):   https://www.houlihans.com/eats-and-drinks/menu/gluten-free/denton

Vegetarian options:   https://www.houlihans.com/eats-and-drinks/menu/vegetarian/denton

Seating is INDOORS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It occurred to me out of the blue today that I've completely forgotten to call Houlihans (the on-site hotel restaurant) to see if seating for 30-40 people could be reserved on Sunday. 

I did this last year, and from all reports this arrangement was well-received and convenient for everyone. 

If there are no strong objections, I plan to call tomorrow (Monday) to see if such can be arranged again. I just hope it's still possible, it's getting a bit close... :wacko:

Last year I made the reservation for 6:30pm. For those that went last year, was 6:30pm a good time, or would earlier have been better? My thinking last year was that it would give some time after the auction for people to do some packing first (also gives a buffer in case the auction runs super long). 

Looking forward to seeing y'all SOON! :bday:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 12

Dooooo eeeeeeet! :winkthumbs:

To my recollection, it was a good time. All other official activities had already wound down by that time.

• Like 3

I think last time worked fine. I don't know whether we will be able to attend this year, as we need to get back to Denver to see our son off to Basic Training. Still waiting for timing on that, which will determine when we have to depart Denton.

• Like 5

IT IS DONE :bday:

It's very clear they've figured out how to do big-group scheduling by now. Last year I needed to get manager approval, etc. This time, it was quick and easy! 

Seating will be INDOORS (huzzah!) at 3 tables; 2 long and 1 small. I might be able to get that changed to a bunch of small tables like we had last year if there is a strong preference for it; I'm not sure which arrangement would be better. 

Huzzah! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

11 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

6:30 was a good time.

What he said.

16 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

IT IS DONE :bday:

It's very clear they've figured out how to do big-group scheduling by now. Last year I needed to get manager approval, etc. This time, it was quick and easy! 

Seating will be INDOORS (huzzah!) at 3 tables; 2 long and 1 small. I might be able to get that changed to a bunch of small tables like we had last year if there is a strong preference for it; I'm not sure which arrangement would be better. 

Huzzah! 

Thank you!!

Table arrangement doesn't matter one way or the other to me, so go with whatever is easiest.:winkthumbs:

• Like 4

I'd liek to see how they manage a larger table arrangement, so I'm good with two large and one small. 

Might be a little easier to maintain conversations, when small groups of us don't have to drift about to do it. ^^;

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Might be a little easier to maintain conversations, when small groups of us don't have to drift about to do it. ^^;

Very true. The "many small tables" setup they did for us last year was both cozy and I'm sure simpler for the wait staff, but it did rather negate most of the "Large group of us together " sort of feeling. :) 

I will make sure they know that checks will be handled individually. I mean, I love all of you, but my wallet would be a wee bit strained by dinner for ~35 people. :lol:

Huzzah! 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6