Sign in to follow this  
BLZeebub

Finally *finished* my ruined post-apoc building! Lil pic heavy!

Love all the tiny touches like junction boxes, wires, pipes, rebar.  Really sells it.  Great work.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Really nice - love the little bits as Darcstaar pointed out - crumbling floor is nicely done too - great piece of terrain for multi-level combat.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Love all the tiny touches like junction boxes, wires, pipes, rebar.  Really sells it.  Great work.

Thanks!  Glad you noticed.  I had to go ahead and put the brakes on so I could call this one done.  The fiddly bits are probably my favorite parts, right with the way the grass and rubble look from a moderate distance.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Iridil said:

Really nice - love the little bits as Darcstaar pointed out - crumbling floor is nicely done too - great piece of terrain for multi-level combat.

Appreciate it.  I was trying to keep that in mind, so multi-levels, lots of openings, lots of cover, lots of obstacles.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      So I got a newsletter with super early (2020) kickstarter tease (image behind the spoiler).

• By snitchythedog
      Well mostly scenic base.  Made a town centre that will get dressed up as a market once finished. Basing material is foamex with a plastic receipt spool covered in Milliput.  Painted with a mix of craft, PP and GW paints.  Further tinted with a treatment of oils. 

• By Jordan Peacock
      Online, from a certain market of miniatures, I found some "Kaosball" team expansion packs on clearance (for a better price than what they're listed at now, as of this writing).  Each pack contains 13 32mm-scale minis in 2 poses (6 of one pose on 25mm square bases, and 7 of an alt pose on 25mm round bases), a "bust" that represents the "team coach," and a game-specific 12-sided die (which I suppose isn't much use for anything, unless I actually wanted to play the game).  Anyway, this worked out to being under $1 a figure, and the sculpts looked interesting, so I got a few packs.  (I find it hilarious, though, that while most of the packs are marked down, the "Felinia Hellcats" -- scantily-clad gun-toting cat-girls -- are specifically marked as "[CLEARANCE]" and yet they're priced at about 3x the asking price for each of the other teams.)

I originally picked these guys up (the "Samaria Barbarians") with a vague intent that "someday" I would run a Savage Worlds convention one-shot scenario heavily inspired by the "Brütal Legend" video game ... but it occurred to me that few if any of my players would have heard of that game, and I'm no particular "expert" on anything rock-and-roll-related, so maybe I'm not the best person to GM such a setting.

However, I could always use a few more post-apocalyptic wastelanders.  The "big hair" style here doesn't necessarily look like it would fit the current Fallout aesthetic as established in Fallout 4 and Fallout 76, but I think these guys wouldn't look terribly out of place in the original Fallout 1 & 2 (what with all the "Mad Max" and "Fist of the North Star" wannabes wandering about in those games).  I removed the figures from their bases, putty-and-texture-stamped the 25mm round bases, putty-and-texture-stamped some plastic 25mm rounds for the remaining figures, and did a few hand swaps and bit-add-ons to give a few of the figures visible ranged weaponry.  (I figured that would give me a little more buy-in if I were to field a gang of these guys for an encounter and then they start FIRING on the PCs, versus what pushback I might get if they *appeared* to only be armed with axes.)

I used some paper printed license plates to add some "junk armor" elements to further reinforce the "post-apocalyptic" vibe.

Each team pack also comes with a "bust" to represent the team coach.  I went with a bronze-and-verdigris scheme for each.
    • By lexomatic
      Came across this article. Oh to have money, time, and space.

"The scenery and structures are his forte, rather than the locomotives and tracks. "I find beauty in what everyone else sees as ugly - rugged skyscrapers, beaten-up warehouses, things that are very run down."
    • By Talae
      Clorehaven & the Goblin Grotto, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/printablescenery/clorehaven-and-the-goblin-grotto

The picturesque town of Clorehaven  
      A lively tavern, a variety of interesting and useful stores and fine lodgings is all the weary adventurer could ask  for.
      The locals seem polite and friendly. The beautiful stone and wood buildings tell you this small town is prosperous and will someday grow into a much larger city. But under the surface of the town, Clorehaven keeps a dark and foreboding secret.  
      Beneath the neat hedgerows and well-kept homes there lies a sprawling complex of caverns. 
      The deep goblins are a sniveling race of green-skins, plying their trade in the strange flora and fauna they gather from around mysterious pools. 
      Design and build your own medieval buildings using the Clorehaven OpenLOCK system. From simple houses to huge complex structures, anything is possible. 
      Explore the Goblin Grotto using the modular Grotto cavern system. Walls and floors can be combined to create a huge variety of underground caverns or above ground structures. 
      Who knows what’s in store for those above and what lies in the depths below. Clorehaven and the Goblin Grotto - By Printable Scenery - the best 3D printable scenery in all the worlds. 
      All the models from Clorehaven & the Goblin Grotto are delivered as optimized STL files to print on home 3D printers.
      If you take the All-In Pledge, you also receive the free bonus items.   
      Clorehaven Pledge :   Clorehaven is constructed using the OpenLOCK tile system where quality detailed modular and functional buildings can be constructed in any shape and size whilst maintaining the true 1" grid system used for most role playing games. 
      This pledge contains the models to build the Townhouse, Cottage, Homestead, Grand Hostel, Cabin, Tavern, Chalet, Watchtower and Schist Stone Fences.  The Clorehaven Pledge includes the stretch goals labelled Clorehaven.
       As the Kickstarter progresses the free stretch goals will grow and expand Clorehaven from a town into a city.
      Goblin Grotto Pledge:  The free form caverns create natural and expansive cavern maps and tunnel systems quickly and dynamically. The cavern floors are designed to have a comparable 1" grid system for RPG whilst still maintaining the natural rock form.
       PLAY This pledge contains the Moon Effigy, the Goblin Cavern Floors, The Cavern Walls, The Cavern Tunnels, the Cavern Bridge, Rickety Bridges and the Gloom Creeper. The Goblin Grotto Pledgeincludes the stretch goals labelled Goblin Grotto.
       All of our 3D-printable models begin their life as hand drawn concepts. From there we digitally sculpt the models to create high detail STL files. The models are test printed and painted before released so that you know each model from Printable Scenery will print perfectly. 
       Printable Scenery created the OpenLOCK system in 2016. Since then it has become the standard. Its innovative seamless locking system revolutionized dungeon system. Printable Scenery open-sourced the design and it allows for free commercial use to third party designers such as Open Forge.
      The Free Stretch Goals are a big part of our Kickstarters. The more stretch goals we hit, the more models you will get. So join us in this grand adventure and discover the stretch goals beyond.  

The bonus items listed below are free with the All-In Pledge.   
        If you want  an add-on you need to add the amount to your pledge or you can add it in the pledge manager at the end of the campaign.
      Note: If you want to get Add-Ons but not any of the main pledges then you can make a pledge for the amount for the Add-Ons only. To do this: 
      1. Select 'Back this Project'  2. Select '$1 or more -  Add-Ons Only' 3. Enter the amount for the Add-Ons.  Once the campaign closes you will be sent a link to the pledge manager to select the add-ons that you picked.
        Ruined Winterdale II Add-On NZ$30
      Back by popular demand, the Ruined Winterdale II Add-On contains 5 never before ruined buildings. To claim this add-on package you need to add the amount NZ$30 to your pledge or you can add it in the pledge manager at the end of the campaign.
      Dungeon Booster Add-On NZ$50 
      The Dungeon Booster Add-on contains walls and floors that are designed to boost your Rampage dungeon encounters.  To claim this add-on package you need to add the amount NZ$50 to your pledge or you can add it in the pledge manager at the end of the campaign.  
        Previous Kickstarter add-ons are bundled items that have been requested by backers from previous campaigns. 
      Click on the links below to see the list of models that are part of each Add-On.  (eg. the Lost Tribes contains 13 models)
  • Who's Online   38 Members, 2 Anonymous, 321 Guests (See full list)