72moonglum

Ral Partha Amythiest the Prestidigitator by Dennis Mize

Great job on her.

A prestidigitator is a performer of conjuring tricks. From the French "preste"=nimble,  and Latin "digitus"=finger.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, alchemist said:

Great job on her.

A prestidigitator is a performer of conjuring tricks. From the French "preste"=nimble,  and Latin "digitus"=finger.

Thank you Alchemist, very helpful!

• Like 3

A striking paint-job, and if those pictures were taken just in daylight then that's excellent photography too. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

A striking paint-job, and if those pictures were taken just in daylight then that's excellent photography too. 

Yeah, I was actually surprised how well they came out. Today was a bit cloudy and I took them around six in the afternoon, but they turned out pretty well.

17 minutes ago, planetmut said:

An excellent job. I love the bold red.

Thank you Planetmut!  I’m glad I chose it instead of green I think!

• Like 3

Awesome!

Love her face and hair, great work on the boots and gloves.

• Like 2

Lovely skin tones - and great job with the definition on her exposed skin (backside and ribs) - nice choice in the rust/red and the boots look very supple - another older mini brought to light with a great paintjob.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iridil said:

Lovely skin tones - and great job with the definition on her exposed skin (backside and ribs) - nice choice in the rust/red and the boots look very supple - another older mini brought to light with a great paintjob.

Thanks Iridil, I keep plowing through the oldies!

Holy cow, how do you make the eyes look so good on such a tiny figure?

Seriously, I'm asking for your recipe, please.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Madog Barfog said:

Holy cow, how do you make the eyes look so good on such a tiny figure?

Seriously, I'm asking for your recipe, please.

Hello Madog!

Thanks very much, very kind of you to say such nice things about my eyes!  Truth be told, I've been using a pretty typical recipe that I got off line.  Way back in the day, in the eighties before I actually had contact with any other painters or before the glorious internet ever existed, I usually painted the eyes last. I painted white where the whites went and then dotted it with whatever color I thought appropriate.  The bad thing was this when you do the eyes white, you could do a really nice figure and then hose the whole thing up with some horrible looking eyes, which I've done.

Nowadays, I took inspiration from the internet and use the walnut brown, then white, then walnut dot approach, and over the years I go back in for another color dot over the walnut brown dot.  

I actually did a little "tutorial" a year or so back in the Ral Partha page, that you can find here:

Mark's eye tutorial

where I have four different figures and how I worked on their faces and eyes.  Have a look at it, you might enjoy it! You will probably have to do an extra click to get to the actual tutorial.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2