Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

12 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Anything she gets her hands on, straight to the mouth. Book? Must nom. Doll? A sponge for drool. Someone’s finger? In the mouth! Her foot? Gotta taste them toes! 

She’s actually been really good about the cat. Willow, her grandma’s cat, has permitted Sephy to pet her. And Sephy has ever so gently run her hand along her back. No grabbing, no hitting, just open palmed and gentle. It’s freaking awesome.

My fingers were Brigid's favorite chew toy. ::):

She never tried to eat the real cats - just her stuffed kitty. ::): *EDIT* She did , however, suck on Sammy's ears.

And some flavors she quickly learned were her favorite things in the whole world.

You may not think an eight month old baby girl would like curry, but she would have begged to differ. And she still loves curry, so all is good with the world.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 14

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Baby’s first book.

EB3A64C1-9E72-44A7-8142-5318EDB2E02A.thumb.jpeg.90b32cceac9d0d99a601b4af86f6fabd.jpeg

I think she’s taking the saying “consuming knowledge” a little too literal :lol:

Our eldest at one point took a bite out of the Very Hungry Caterpillar...literally - we now have a copy of that book with a bite out of it (she was probably about 1 at the time)

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Be warned - the Can I Eat This? phase lasts about two years. ::P:

If you're lucky - I'm sure my eldest still hasn't grown out of it (she's 6)

2 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I'm halfway done with my life-sized Pest Drake, aka the Bones 4 wyvern. I should have him done and pics up by Saturday sometime. I'm basing the colors off of the rainbow lorikeet:

Rainbow_lorikeet.jpg

With liberties taken of course. The wyvern is shaped less like a parrot and much more like a plucked vulture.

arguably the Wyvern is better behaved :-P

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

Hahahaha.... weekend. 

I was told not to come in.

Until 10am. So we don’t exceed 12 hours today. Crane lift today, install tomorrow. Maybe fly home Sunday. 

I’ll actually be having fun, tho. Doing what 5th grade me wanted to do, after all.

• Like 17

10 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Baby’s first book.

EB3A64C1-9E72-44A7-8142-5318EDB2E02A.thumb.jpeg.90b32cceac9d0d99a601b4af86f6fabd.jpeg

I think she’s taking the saying “consuming knowledge” a little too literal :lol:

So, does she have good taste in books? :ik_oops:

14 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Ooorrr she's hitting Snooze, rolling over, and falling back to sleep. <_<

Fortunately, Brigid has also zonked out.

So, working on stuff for the Occult Investigators game until Megan actually feels like getting up. (Not begrudging her the nap time - she has been dealing with a keyed up Brigid all day.)

Me, I'm just a bit tired because I was playing a shouty bad guy in the after school game. (Not a bad bad guy - think Harry Mudd from Star Trek. If you turn your back on him he won't stab you in the back - but he probably will pick your pocket. Chaotic Neutral, not Chaotic Evil. If the heroes were desperately in need of rescue, he would rescue them - and complain the whole time.)

Picked up a map from the Heroic Maps Hallowe'en sale - the Occult Detectives now have a place to meet up with like minded enthusiasts of the supernatural.

Or at least they will after their first couple of adventures. If all goes well, they will be offered free membership - with all the perks that accompany clubs in The Blight. ::):

The Auld Grump

Sorry about that, honey.

I think I'm coming down with something.

I didn't even get a chance to eat my own chili. ::(: Just getting more and more tired until I zonked. And the chili smelled so good, too.

Thank YOU for letting me sleep, and keeping Brigid Danger ocupied. ::):

I will be so glad when BD really learns how to sing.

• Like 13

10 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

My fingers were Brigid's favorite chew toy. ::):

She never tried to eat the real cats - just her stuffed kitty. ::): *EDIT* She did , however, suck on Sammy's ears.

And some flavors she quickly learned were her favorite things in the whole world.

You may not think an eight month old baby girl would like curry, but she would have begged to differ. And she still loves curry, so all is good with the world.

The Auld Grump

She sucks the curry off the chicken with this look of absolute contenment with the world.

THEN she sssloowly chews the chicken and swallows it. Repeating each step with each bit of chicken. She doesn't gobble it, she SAVORS it, each and every bite.

If she had a thought balloon it would just say Mmmm!

She is Daddy's girl. ::): Grump would make curry four days out of the week, if I allowed him to. I know this from experience. <_<

His fingers probably ARE curry flavored!

14 hours ago, sumbloke said:

String instruments use dominant hand for bowing/strumming/plucking and non-dominant hand for pitch control. Woodwinds use dominant hand for the more intricate pitch control (including sometimes controlling multiple levers/holes with the same finger) and the non-dominant for less intricate. Brass uses dominant hand for pitch control and non-dominant for support (and/or less intricate pitch control). Pitched percussion uses left hand for harmony and right hand for melody (I'm not aware of any left-handed versions of piano/harpsichord/xylophone/etc.). Drum kits use dominant foot for bass drum and non-dominant foot for hi-hat.

Singing and single drum/triangle/tambourine/etc. percussion are the only parts of music I can think of where handedness would be completely irrelevant...

One of the people in Grump's folk music group is a campanologist.

He doesn't take his instruments with him.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

Well, it's Friday and I get to go home so that's a good thing but its not going to be fun.  Being cooped up in a flying cigar tube for 4+ hours is never any fun.  On top of it all, I don't get home until 11 tonight. Oh well, at least its home.

I hope people had a good week and enjoyed themselves immensely. I have some new woodworking tools waiting for me when I get home so there is some incentive to play.  Now if only I could find some incentive to actually do some work this morning past fixing the crisis of the moment.

@Unruly The day shift people think that all you guys do on night shift is loaf around and try to pass things off to the day shift people.  They don't want to disturb their schedules just so you have more time to drink coffee and relax.  At least that is how every shift group I have ever worked with! ::D:

• Like 14