Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

Morning all. Get your coffee, cause I am having a sale. they tell me $20 a bean is too much, So I am having a half price sale.. well I had three days off in a row. yesterday today and tomorrow. yesterday I worked for a lady who was having problems. tomorrow I go in to work a 6 hour shift to help the store get caught up on truck, so now I have one day off, and I was up really late last night, and Laundry needs done...... so guess who anit getting crap done...... whining, sorry about that. We need the money and there will be time to work on my stuff when I am in the grave. 

• Like 6

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Unruly said:

I have a question for you fine folks on the forums. Not really a miniatures related question, but one for a hobby that has a decent amount of overlap - model painting.

Does anyone have a good book or video they can recommend on modeling realistic battle damage on tanks? I've got my Gundam models, which usually I just assemble and stuff on a shelf, but now I want to take a couple and rough them up a bit. Since they're supposed to be essentially walking tanks, and many of my models are original series models that still use kinetic weapons, I figure that tank damage makes for a good starting point. Penetrating hits are relatively easy. You just take a soldering iron or hot nail and press it into the plastic a bit, or even just drill a hole through for certain really clean hits I've seen, but I would really love to know how to do the kind of deformations that would be left by stuff like glancing blows and non-penetrating shots.

PM me your address, I have a book that should help!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Fair winds and a following sea, my friend.

Thank you Doug. Being able to check in on this forum fairly frequently is one of the things that will keep me in good spirits.

4 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

@paintybeard 

In Dutch: Behouden Vaart!

Since my laptop still isn't fixed I will see ya all tomorrow...

Hope it can be salvaged otherwise it will mean buying a new one..

Thank you too, Glitterwolf.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Unruly said:

I have a question for you fine folks on the forums. Not really a miniatures related question, but one for a hobby that has a decent amount of overlap - model painting.

Does anyone have a good book or video they can recommend on modeling realistic battle damage on tanks? I've got my Gundam models, which usually I just assemble and stuff on a shelf, but now I want to take a couple and rough them up a bit. Since they're supposed to be essentially walking tanks, and many of my models are original series models that still use kinetic weapons, I figure that tank damage makes for a good starting point. Penetrating hits are relatively easy. You just take a soldering iron or hot nail and press it into the plastic a bit, or even just drill a hole through for certain really clean hits I've seen, but I would really love to know how to do the kind of deformations that would be left by stuff like glancing blows and non-penetrating shots.

YouTube has a number of channels on this kind of topic, but I'll suggest checking out Aaron Lovejoy's tank tutorials on Miniature Monthly as a good place to start, at least for weathering.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Unruly said:

You can also check out Adam Wilder (Adam's Armour books, Wilder Weathering products) or Michael Rinaldi (Tank Art books).

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

O great big truck idling outside our house, PLEASE go away so I can start recording this video.

(It's nice that the space abandoned when the supermarket chain collapsed last year is now occupied again, but O man, delivery trucks amirite?)

Invest in some bright orange cones...

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

Never has my quiet little corner of the neighborhood felt so noisy.

It's amazing how much noise can have a negative impact on quality of life. 

1 hour ago, 7Ninjasinatrenchcoat said:

Life hits pretty hard sometimes. I've got a second job now, and I'm pulling a 14 hour day today on zero sleep last night due to anxiety. Haven't been able to TOUCH my Youtube channel in a few days, and the lack of movement on that front isn't helping.

It's amazing how much anxiety can derail basic human functioning.  I hope you feel better soon.  

EDIT: And wow, I'm not super articulate this morning.  Maybe because we're all melting down here.

Edited by LittleBluberry
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

O great big truck idling outside our house, PLEASE go away so I can start recording this video.

(It's nice that the space abandoned when the supermarket chain collapsed last year is now occupied again, but O man, delivery trucks amirite?)

Best of luck!  I mean, I know the guy's got a job to do, but somehow they always pick the worst spots to wait for their delivery time.....

in other news, yay new video!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:
10 hours ago, TGP said:

Why do I want my toaster telling every Bulgarian hacker living in his Mum’s basement how done I like my toast?

That's the point of the tinfoil hat on the toaster. At the least it will significantly attenuate the WiFi signal. And if you ground it, it will act as a Faraday cage.

Not so crazy now, hmmmm

I guess I asked my question backwards.  :huh:

No, no, no, no, to me the crazy part is that some YUTZ thought I might want my toaster, microwave, and fridge to conspire together to report in to ...somewhere... that I have toasted a bagel and used up  the last of my cream cheese. 

And this knuckles-dragging-on-the-ground YUTZ authorized internet enabled toasters to be manufactured. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

Best of luck!  I mean, I know the guy's got a job to do, but somehow they always pick the worst spots to wait for their delivery time.....

in other news, yay new video!

... working ...

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Pingo said:

More seriously...

I wonder what it takes to get a no idling sign put up? 

There are almost twenty designs !!

That spot might already be a No Idling zone. 

• Like 7