Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Inarah said:

So... which is the better cold remedy, Bushmills or Kraken? 

It's the con crud. DH brought it home and gave it to me. He's getting it back when I'm done with it.  

Probably either, mixed with .. all the honey. At least you won't feel your throat anymore, and anything that survives that combo is one hardy bug.

Something like that is my standard 'cough syrup'. 

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, Argentee said:

Mom signed a contract on getting the bathrooms redone for handicapped accessiblity, but is putting the work off until after the first of the year due to having to prep for The Christmas Party. First tree is already up!

She beats my wife, who always starts the Official Christmas Decorating Season ~on~ Halloween.

She's not a big fan of Halloween but my tendency to full run cannonball the day makes up for it.

Had to go into Home Despot today which was a B - I - G mistake as they already have all the shiny blowups and the ever increasing selection of skellies on display.  They have two really big ticket Yard Dec's this year, a full size animated Headless Horseman on horse which is kinda pricey and the full bore how-much-can-your-wallet-stand [especially with a Bones Kickstarter looming large] not quite Pirates of the Caribbean pirate ship with skeletal helmsman and the each sold separately Pirate Captain and assorted Skeleton Crew.

GEM

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

She beats my wife, who always starts the Official Christmas Decorating Season ~on~ Halloween.

The first tree goes up on Mom's birthday, which is at the end of August.

Tree heights range from 2 feet to 12 feet, and last year we had over 30 taller than four feet. 68 trees total last year.

Each tree is themed. The Mardi Gras tree is different from the Louisiana tree. There is a cupcake tree, a gingerbread tree, a peppermint tree, and a sweet treats tree. There is a beach tree which is different from the 'under the sea' tree. A Penguin tree. A snowman tree. A tree with hand made ornaments made from chicken eggs, most of which are covered by beads in various designs. Seed beads mostly. by hand. A disney tree. A woodland creatures tree. An M&M tree. A peacock tree. A llama tree. A panda tree. A hippo tree. A sloth tree. A fruit tree. A bug tree with frog lights. A santa tree. A gnome tree.... etc.... etc.... etc... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

23 minutes ago, Inarah said:

So... which is the better cold remedy, Bushmills or Kraken? 

It's the con crud. DH brought it home and gave it to me. He's getting it back when I'm done with it.  

I'd go with a first round of Bushmills on the rocks.  The bigger the rocks the better.  They don't melt as fast which means you are getting more undiluted "cough medicine" before it turns into a glass full of Irish flavored water.

You may then follow with Kraken as a throat soother.

A couple rounds of the Kraken then it's time for more Bushmills.  If you have any Black Bush handy, use that for the first round and then follow up with the regular Bushmills as by the time you get back to the Irish your taste buds will be numb enough not to appreciate the difference.

Of course, if you really want to let the Con Crud know Who's Boss you will start with Laphroaig, move the Bushmills to second stage, or even third if you are up for some Old Sheep Dip and then administer the first round of Kraken.

Gem

Sláinte

{I had to teach the spell chunker a whole bunch of new words for this post.}

8 minutes ago, Argentee said:

The first tree goes up on Mom's birthday, which is at the end of August.

Tree heights range from 2 feet to 12 feet, and last year we had over 30 taller than four feet. 68 trees total last year.

Each tree is themed. The Mardi Gras tree is different from the Louisiana tree. There is a cupcake tree, a gingerbread tree, a peppermint tree, and a sweet treats tree. There is a beach tree which is different from the 'under the sea' tree. A Penguin tree. A snowman tree. A tree with hand made ornaments made from chicken eggs, most of which are covered by beads in various designs. Seed beads mostly. by hand. A disney tree. A woodland creatures tree. An M&M tree. A peacock tree. A llama tree. A panda tree. A hippo tree. A sloth tree. A fruit tree. A bug tree with frog lights. A santa tree. A gnome tree.... etc.... etc.... etc... 

Sounds Spectacular. :winkthumbs:

May we see pics when it gets closer to the official holiday season?

GEM

• Like 12

46 minutes ago, TGP said:

I don’t get this...

I thought you worked at a different Dot Gov?

Surfacism ...?

*** wanders off to look that up ***

What do you wish NASA would do instead? LaGrange points?

I may work for the finance department ::P: but my thesis involved a certain telescope that is currently a decade and a half behind schedule. Also LaGrange point 2.

My comment was more generally about NASA's inability to appreciate dirigibles on Venus. All the cool stuff is in Venus's atmosphere in the band where it's room temperature, room-standard pressure, and only room-standard radiation.

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I'm out of Laphroaig, the Black Bush will have to do as a starter.  Then we'll see how I feel in the morning. 

If you do it right, you won't be feeling much of anything before noon.

GEM

Here's hoping you get well soonest.

And while checking the library I discovered it's time to acquire another bottle of Laphroaig.

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
tentacles
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I modified the Daifuku Mochi recipe by JustOneCookbook by adding a tablespoon of cocoa powder. I also tend to add more sugar than the recipe calls for, personally.

So yes, an internet search should serve it up.

My wife made daifuku using that recipe on Labor Day.  Are you adding cocoa powder to the filling or the dough?

• Like 9

59 minutes ago, TGP said:

I don’t get this...

I thought you worked at a different Dot Gov?

Surfacism ...?

*** wanders off to look that up ***

What do you wish NASA would do instead? LaGrange points?

The only good thing about the bottom of a gravity well is that's where I keep my stuff.

To be fair, that's a pretty good thing, because it's also where everybody else keeps their stuff, too.

But otherwise....

• Like 12

All this talk of Scotch Whiskey has given me an idea for a ribbon.

Sheep are involved.

GEM

1 minute ago, Doug Sundseth said:

The only good thing about the bottom of a gravity well is that's where I keep my stuff.

To be fair, that's a pretty good thing, because it's also where everybody else keeps their stuff, too.

But otherwise....

Just as long as the well isn't too much deeper than one standard earth gravity.

GEM

• Like 9

If it involves shots of Laphroaig, count me in.  

I'm about to paint some Reaper sheep. We could have a semi-formal sheep contest next year.  With sheep in tuxedos.  

Man, I need to slow down on the scotch. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

A tree where the ornaments are all words... a tree where the ornaments are all vehicles carrying christmas trees... a Mexican themed tree, and none of us are, or have ever been to Mexico, but someone gave us a box of ornaments and another tree happened! A baking tree, which is different than the sweets tree. The sweets tree is ornaments that look like cake, or bon bons, or cotton candy or ice cream. The baking tree is cooking and baking implements.... A cat & mouse tree... A geek tree.... a songbird tree... 

• Like 5
  • Haha 11
  • Confused 2