Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

Reaper figures in the wild?

This picture was spotted on F-book promoting a local brewer's Sunday beer deal for gamers. Hard to tell from the picture but I think they're bones miniatures (could be Wizkids, can't quite make them out). I'm tempted to go down and offer my services as a painter in exchange for beer though. 

FB_IMG_1579032390142.thumb.jpg.adcb2ea3fd6dc66acd930feb98b3fde9.jpg

• Like 16

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Thoramel said:

This picture was spotted on F-book promoting a local brewer's Sunday beer deal for gamers. Hard to tell from the picture but I think they're bones miniatures (could be Wizkids, can't quite make them out). I'm tempted to go down and offer my services as a painter in exchange for beer though. 

At least one is.  Not gonna download the picture on the work computer to zoom in and make a positive ID though.  And great idea to trade skill for beer.  Maybe that would motivate me.

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

I believe the archer (rightmost white figure) is 77021: Lindir, Elf Archer but I can't easily make out the others.

That's an interesting stack of books.  I'm pretty sure that's all second edition AD&D except for the first edition Deities & Demigods book.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

That's an interesting stack of books.  I'm pretty sure that's all second edition AD&D except for the first edition Deities & Demigods book.

I noticed that. I'm curious to find out if someone is running old school stuff down there or if they just grabbed a bunch of D&D books out of the used bin at the local game store to put in the picture. A few members of my board gaming group are planning on heading down Sunday. I'll be keeping an eye out to see if there's any roleplaying going on. 

• Like 11

Well, day three of no school for the kids.  Need to go take my daughter to the hospital for a follow up X-ray, though.  Hoping the wind doesn't get super bad, but we lucked out and didn't get the 6" of snow they were warning us about last night.  Maybe we'll have school tomorrow, if we're lucky.  

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

NRr6jbB.png

Two words: electric blanket

1 hour ago, Thoramel said:

I'm curious as to which edition he thinks he's running.   Maybe with enough beer it doesn't matter.  :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

5 hours ago, Zink said:

-31 C or -41 C with wind chill here. Second day of it being that cold. kids are grumbling because they have to go to school when none of the buses are running. I told them that's what you get for living in town. Last time they skipped (because I agree it's kind of pointless) I got an angry phone call from the principal about how they should have been there because we only live 500m from the school. Personally I feel she can kiss my @$$ if I let my kids stay home. They're both honour roll students and only miss 3-4 days of school a year. I was a sickly kid and we had terrible roads to the farm when growing up so I missed about a month a year and still made out fine. 

Not so fun driving 20 miles to the farm to do chores but I have a newer tractor that started good yesterday so the cows are fed and as happy as I can make them. Today I get to go back to bed or more likely play Fantasy General II. Time to go drop off the kids. Wimpy little buggers can't walk that far in -30. But seriously when I was their age I may not have had to go to school on days like this but I still had outside chores to do. Didn't take long but no fun. People are getting soft, me included.

Given the threat of frostbite at those temperatures I would suggest that the next time you get such a phone call you invite the callee to come pick up the kids themselves, otherwise they are staying home as you will be out at the farm already at the time they would be needing transport.  OR the callee can go feed the cows and whatever other dawns early light chores need doing, in which case you will be happy to take the kids to school.

GEM

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I've been seeing some new birds at the feeders the last week or so.

66115711-720px.jpg.819f9d72906fed41e5395c7526b0367a.jpg

They're a bit of a darker grey than this picture shows, but the shape and white belly are the same, so I am assuming them to be Dark Eyed Juncos. 

So far they seem to be getting along with the established sparrows, possibly due to both choosing to ally against a paticularly greedy and obese squirrel...

• Like 16

Anne's Reaper ToolBox is now showing at 3 PM Wed, moved from 1:30 PM Wed.  This change is not just for today, but is supposed to stay this way.

During her Pro Tips show today, she said she had to go to the doctor before her later show, and she may or may not be able to host it today.

The show has started.  The title today is Reaper ToolBox! #027 - Ed shows how to put minis together:

https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures/

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

It has rained enough in the last week that I am having serious concerns that the alligators are going to be washed out to sea. 

Care to send some Down Under? We could use the help putting out our bushfires...

• Like 8