Jump to content

Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.


Froggy the Great
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

You're not alone.  At 4:30 today i get an email saying that a piece of equipment isnt working and we need to fix it immediately!  NOW! NOW! this wont be tolerated any more!

 

All i could do is write back and tell them "you don't have that piece of equipment installed at your site"

 

People ^_^

Well there's your problem... Of course it isn't working properly, because they don't have one.  Days you wish you could reach through the phone (or screen) and waste a semi-decent pie by smacking them in the face with such... 

 

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

from jason wiebe's facebook, so not officially announced but something that will be announced soon:

A couple of sculpts for Reaper's Australian Wildfire relief fund through the RSPCA. Details to be posted soon, but they are kicking it off with 5K! You'll have a chance to buy these little miniatures for this very important cause.

 

Jason Wiebe Reaper will have them for benefit sale asap. Likely early mid next week.

83332116_10157098078362957_941433612689997824_n.jpg

Lovely sculpts... If only free shipping thresholds weren't astronomical for Canadians.  Apparently they'll be $10 USD each, with $7.50 USD per item going to that main charity for the fires. (I forgot the name - oh, it's in your post, derp) 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

from jason wiebe's facebook, so not officially announced but something that will be announced soon:

A couple of sculpts for Reaper's Australian Wildfire relief fund through the RSPCA. Details to be posted soon, but they are kicking it off with 5K! You'll have a chance to buy these little miniatures for this very important cause.

 

Jason Wiebe Reaper will have them for benefit sale asap. Likely early mid next week.

83332116_10157098078362957_941433612689997824_n.jpg

 

They [pre-announced?] mentioned this on the 6-7pm Reaper Live show Thursday. From memory:

 

They are sending an initial $5K donation to Australia’s RSPCA. (Because RSPCA needs cash yesterday more than they’ll need it in a few weeks/months.)

 

These two are $10 each. 

 

There are also two @TaleSpinner models that will be involved. (They already exist.)

 

All models will be metal. 

 

For each $10 Reaper sends $7.50 to RSPCA. ($2.50 stays at Reaper to cover costs.)

 

The $5K is the initial donation (projecting that they will sell at least 667 of these).

 

They will send additional funds as they exceed 667 sold. 

 

You get three choices for each $10 donation: either of Jason’s models or the paired @TaleSpinner models. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:
7 hours ago, Mad Jack said:
8 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Good thing it isn't me that is being informed of such a drastic change in dress code.

I would go passive aggressive  by heading to the second hand shop and finding the most outrageous "Suit and tie" combination possible.

Cartoon gangster for preference, with shirt and tie combination chosen for maximum clash value, but if that isn't available find the most out of date suit possible.

Or, as an alternate, wear a morning coat and striped trousers and go full State Department on them.

Good Luck

GEM

 

 Personally, I'd sow up the next day dressed in Joker purple... And then come to work the day after wearing a drug-dealer-special Z Cavaricci suit from the late '80's, a lime green leisure suit from the '70's, then start backwards from '40's gangster to zoot suit to 1900's styles. By the time you're showing up in knee breeches and a powdered wig, they might just get the point. But probably not.

 

Eventually, the person enacting this plan are going to have to either learn to sew, or start trading a friend who knows how. And where does one find a powdered wig in this day and age anyway? 

I like the suggestion, though.

 

The union put their foot down and jeans are back on the table for the foreseeable future. No word on how long that will last.

 

This is Philadelphia. We have enough National Park Approved reenactors here to get you back to at least the 1690s without problem. A trip to Salem, Massachusetts will bring you to early 1600s. Then you're into Ren Faire territory.

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Holy crap - that destroys my image of IRS workers that had been destroyed by the first IRS worker I met wearing shorts and a Hawaiian shirt. ::o: 

 

It disturbs me that my false image is being made true.

 

The Auld Grump

 

May I use a redacted story of your hawaiian shirt IRS guy as a 'this totally happened' example of WHY we need to not be in suits? I expect it will come up in a meeting at some point.

  • Like 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:
7 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:
7 hours ago, Mad Jack said:
8 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Good thing it isn't me that is being informed of such a drastic change in dress code.

I would go passive aggressive  by heading to the second hand shop and finding the most outrageous "Suit and tie" combination possible.

Cartoon gangster for preference, with shirt and tie combination chosen for maximum clash value, but if that isn't available find the most out of date suit possible.

Or, as an alternate, wear a morning coat and striped trousers and go full State Department on them.

Good Luck

GEM

 

 Personally, I'd sow up the next day dressed in Joker purple... And then come to work the day after wearing a drug-dealer-special Z Cavaricci suit from the late '80's, a lime green leisure suit from the '70's, then start backwards from '40's gangster to zoot suit to 1900's styles. By the time you're showing up in knee breeches and a powdered wig, they might just get the point. But probably not.

 

Eventually, the person enacting this plan are going to have to either learn to sew, or start trading a friend who knows how. And where does one find a powdered wig in this day and age anyway? 

I like the suggestion, though.

 

The union put their foot down and jeans are back on the table for the foreseeable future. No word on how long that will last.

 

This is Philadelphia. We have enough National Park Approved reenactors here to get you back to at least the 1690s without problem. A trip to Salem, Massachusetts will bring you to early 1600s. Then you're into Ren Faire territory.

 

Well. At least now you have lots of suggestions for future shenanigans? Sounds like you have the resources to get /really/ creative. In all sorts of directions.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And all of this comes from some fragile egos.

 

In October the Commissioner visited our site. As in Commissioner Chuck Rettig and his entourage. Around that time some unnamed person in an executive position went to a local coffee stand to get coffee. Unnamed executive insists the barista was under the impression that our building is some sort of warehouse because of how some people were dressed. Now we're forced to get the union involved to avoid full-on suits from being immediately enforced.

 

Now, I have issues with this story. While it has been independently verified by people both inside the IRS and at the coffee shop, it's no secret what our building really is. The local bums know who we are. We get 10% off at various fast food joints in the area. The train station used to label the building on local maps until the Treasury Inspector General made them not. I have to assume therefore that either the barista was new or was trolling the unnamed executive. Probably the second one. Trolls are gonna troll. Therefore I blame the top levels and all their fragile egos.

 

Although to be fair I will welcome any amount of yoga pants being replaced by regular pants. Some yoga pants should not be worn to work :blink:

 

:blues:

 

I also plan to hit the local haberdasher up for a good hat. I can't rock a waistcoat and longcoat without a good hat :B):

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sylverthorne said:

The things my innocent questions start ... 

 

You know this crowd, right? What else did you expect? ::P:

 

 

28 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

And all of this comes from some fragile egos.

 

In October the Commissioner visited our site. As in Commissioner Chuck Rettig and his entourage. Around that time some unnamed person in an executive position went to a local coffee stand to get coffee. Unnamed executive insists the barista was under the impression that our building is some sort of warehouse because of how some people were dressed. Now we're forced to get the union involved to avoid full-on suits from being immediately enforced.

 

Now, I have issues with this story. While it has been independently verified by people both inside the IRS and at the coffee shop, it's no secret what our building really is. The local bums know who we are. We get 10% off at various fast food joints in the area. The train station used to label the building on local maps until the Treasury Inspector General made them not. I have to assume therefore that either the barista was new or was trolling the unnamed executive. Probably the second one. Trolls are gonna troll. Therefore I blame the top levels and all their fragile egos.

 

Although to be fair I will welcome any amount of yoga pants being replaced by regular pants. Some yoga pants should not be worn to work :blink:

 

:blues:

 

I also plan to hit the local haberdasher up for a good hat. I can't rock a waistcoat and longcoat without a good hat :B):

 

image.png.c51f27f70599ec94e357a6d6b40aa4d2.png

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TGP said:

 

It was I !!!  Mine was post number 500!  bwahahahahaha....

 

Awww!  No fair.  You double posted, denying me the opportunity to set off the math inclined on a 10 page discussion on whether the line is at 500 or 501....:ph34r:

 

3 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

 

The union put their foot down and jeans are back on the table for the foreseeable future. No word on how long that will last.

 

This is Philadelphia. We have enough National Park Approved reenactors here to get you back to at least the 1690s without problem. A trip to Salem, Massachusetts will bring you to early 1600s. Then you're into Ren Faire territory.

 

May I use a redacted story of your hawaiian shirt IRS guy as a 'this totally happened' example of WHY we need to not be in suits? I expect it will come up in a meeting at some point.

Good for you that you can return to a decent clothing.  Sudden changes can be annoying.  Given your job though I can understand the reasoning for not marking your building.  No sense in painting a target on the building.

 

@Glitterwolf, that was NOT a good hat.  Argh, did I find that interpretation of Alice annoying! The wardrobe choices had a lot to do with it!

  • Like 6
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

 

@Glitterwolf, that was NOT a good hat.  Argh, did I find that interpretation of Alice annoying! The wardrobe choices had a lot to do with it!

 

So that was the Mad Hatter and not Willy Wonka?    Huh.  Hmmmm.   Thanks for the warning.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, yesterday the app didn't keep crashing after signatures, it was well behaved... Other than losing connection to the server right after I punched out for lunch!  Nothing a bit of fiddling couldn't solve, although I did have to get a few manual signatures. 

 

So yup, so far it's been fairly smooth this launch of the new software, at least on our end.  It was just a bit chaotic for our supervisor yesterday, and boy did his office looked cramped with four people looking at the same computer! 

 

I also said screw it, sick of being out in the cold constantly, and finally (after four years of debating about it) started doing something one of the other drivers has done for ages - adding filters and cream/milk to the packages for various customers while you're still in a warm(ish) warehouse.  No faffing about in -30C and having to take your gloves off, and you don't forget filters or grab the wrong amount of cream.  On busier days, sure it's an extra ten minutes when loading but it saves you half an hour on the road... 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We finally have a day cold enough I had to dig out my toque.   Windchill of -15 C is usually when I switch from my ball cap as my ears start getting cold.  This morning was -14, -28 with the wind chill.   Not super cold, but with that wind I was happy to have my ears covered for the walk from the parking lot.

Only a 2 day cold snap from the forecast.  Sunday is supposed to be snow or rain.

 

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

We finally have a day cold enough I had to dig out my toque.   Windchill of -15 C is usually when I switch from my ball cap as my ears start getting cold.  This morning was -14, -28 with the wind chill.   Not super cold, but with that wind I was happy to have my ears covered for the walk from the parking lot.

Only a 2 day cold snap from the forecast.  Sunday is supposed to be snow or rain.

 

Oof.

 

For what it's worth, the forecast in central Texas says it's supposed to be 70F today. 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...