Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

11 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Ah, internet, you never cease to astound me...

I went and Googled "Shoggoth" and "Painting" looking for inspiration for painting the Bones Shoggoth.

What I found was THIS.

Why... does that Shoggoth have breasts? :blink: (Pretty much safe for work. But Shoggoth and Breasts were not two words I ever expected to string together.)

I was looking for Shoggoth Painting for... reasons. Possibly involving The Blight.

The Auld Grump

well see, there is this one anime series. It's actually kinda funny, except the eldritch abominations can be nightmare inducing for some of us...

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

How Much for Just the Planet?, right?

My people!  I had just started thinking that I needed to see if I still had my copy of that book because I could use a good laugh.  

We're rapidly melting out of the snow here.  Seeing what's going on in St. Johns made me very thankful that we had as little snow as we did.  Hope Buglips is safe in his new abode!

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:
  12 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

How Much for Just the Planet?, right?

I read that one way too young, and I don't think I got any of the references. Gonna have to reread it at some point. Not this year I think... :unsure:

Just now, Chaoswolf said:

...and here comes the snow.

Yup. Already a solid coating on the ground here. 

• Like 6

We have some people coming over shortly, and I'm typing this while I wait for a chicken to roast. The Potatoes were covered in some slightly suspicious looking pale spots. I've peeled them and they seem to be OK under the skin. It's brought to mind this Monty Python sketch though............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoBTsMJ4jNk

Edited by Beagle
  • Like 6
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

Hey all. hope everyone is doing great. I am trying to work on my fantasy GURPS game, but the work is slow and I keep getting interrupted by my bassett......

We demand Basset pictures..!

• Like 8

Okay, done studying for the day. Walked the girls in the park. The precipitation switched from snow to sleet to wintery mix to rain in the short time we were there. Everyone still managed to have fun, but Lucy is definitely showing her age and infirmity. :unsure:

Gonna kick back with a beer and work on my blog a bit. Need to catch up on my session reports for Stonehell. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

On 1/16/2020 at 11:47 PM, Sirithiliel said:

from jason wiebe's facebook, so not officially announced but something that will be announced soon:

A Drop-Bear Barbarian?

That's just freakin' Awesome... ::D:

Where do I go to throw money at that?

On 1/17/2020 at 9:58 PM, Doug Sundseth said:

Welcome to the problems of adult language/dialect acquisition.

In college, we had a girl in the Theatre Guild who was doing a play and gave the director fits because she couldn't manage to make the word "horror" sound like anything but "whore"...

As mentioned, most of the Canuckistani exiles I've met over the years make "about" sound more like "a-boat" than "a-boot"...

I've always been fascinated with and pretty good about being able to distinguish between various national and regional accents, even before I got into acting and/or became interested in linguistics - but I also have a very bad habit of adaptive social camouflage in that I instantly start to unconsciously mimic the accents and language patterns of anyone I talk to for even a minute or two.

Growing up in my very early years with an English family to one side of our house, a Jewish (and then later Irish) family to the other, and Polish and Filipino families elsewhere on the block, they literally thought I had a speech impediment when I arrived for my first day of kindergarten, lol.

(Interestingly, I actually did have a couple of them, but they somehow never actually caught on to those... :rolleyes: )

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 11