Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Allergy shot done for this week, hopefully I can stay awake enough to paint.  (Tea is steeping right now to assist.)

Pouring rain means soup for dinner tonight.  The girls have semester end tests and are super stressed so some comfort food is just what the doctor ordered.  Eldest daughter had her computer science test misplaced yesterday, which did not help her anxiety levels.  

• Like 9

I think Grump should run an old school game on Thursdays.

You've heard of TACO TUESDAY? Well, I think THAC0 THURSDAY has a ring to it! ::P:

Purple!

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

“Crap” is also a valid label for these boxes. 

Boxes labeled My Crap and Your Crap also works! ::P:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

It is, especially if you use spun honey rather than the liquid stuff. The liquid stuff tends to saturate bread between when you make the sandwich and lunch unless you put lots of butter on one side, peanut butter on the other, and honey in between (and it's still kind of messy).

But...that's what makes it good! The honey soaks into the bread and gets all crystally, so there's a lovely slight crunch accompanying a burst of sweetness. Mmm..... 

My preferred preparation method for a pb&h is to toast the bread, pour/spread the honey on right quick then do the peant butter so as to give the honey time to soak in. By the time I've put the two halves together, the peanut butter is nicely warmed up, then consume before the bread gets soggy from sitting on the plate after toasting. A cold glass of milk and a banana make it the perfect drizzly day snack or light meal. 

...Speaking of which, today does, in fact, happen to be a drizzly day. ::D:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

You're right. Sleep is for the weak!

I'm also learning it's for the over 50 crowd. 

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

You know with Total War there is this slight problem...

Just one more turn and then the enemy attacks, the battle is important so you have to fight it yourself!

That's sort of what happened to me last night.  These stupid "Peacekeeper" fleets showed up every where on the board, and started attacking every side that was in a war.  I got shredded because one of the computer players had declared war on me about halfway through the game, and all I was doing was fighting defensively - destroying any of their ships that came across my border.  I'm trying to win the game without conquest, so I turned that option off as a victory condition, and it's annoying me that the computer is still trying to win that way. 

34 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

It does have the virtue of not requiring a lot of training for your helpers.

"This room here is the hobby room. That one over there is the sewing room. Don't mix those up. ... Yes, I know that sewing is a hobby; just go with it. The stuff at the NW corner of the basement is hobby room stuff that wouldn't fit in the hobby room here but will in the new house, so make sure you label that as 'Hobby Room'. The stuff at the NE corner of the basement is old hobby stuff that we don't need any more; label that as 'Storage'." ^_^

I loved these color coded moving id labels I bought for that reason.  We not only slapped one of those labels on all our boxes and stuff while packing up, I had one taped to each room at the new house, and signs with arrows pointing to the correct hallway/staircase, etc.  All our helpers had to do was match the color/name with the signs.  I think when all was said and done, we had one or two boxes placed in the wrong place by our helpers.   There were a half dozen or so that we mislabeled or changed our mind on, but that was on us. 

Of course, we had been planning the move for six months before we had to start boxing stuff up, so we had a lot of time to prep and figure that sort of stuff out.  

6 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

My preferred preparation method for a pb&h is to toast the bread, pour/spread the honey on right quick then do the peant butter so as to give the honey time to soak in. By the time I've put the two halves together, the peanut butter is nicely warmed up, then consume before the bread gets soggy from sitting on the plate after toasting. A cold glass of milk and a banana make it the perfect drizzly day snack or light meal. 

Dang - I'm not even that big of a peanut butter fan, but that sounds good right now. 

• Like 11

For some reason, I can't connect to the wifi at HGI with my Chromebook. It connects but it doesn't allow me to go anywhere or sign into the Hilton wifi screen. Only way I can do anything is using a mobile connection thru my phone. Other then that, room feels like HGI at RCon, thou at a better price  - 7 bucks!

Needing food thou, so I may have to go & brave the temps....45 F degrees in Boise today. ^_^

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, haldir said:

For some reason, I can't connect to the wifi at HGI with my Chromebook. It connects but it doesn't allow me to go anywhere or sign into the Hilton wifi screen. Only way I can do anything is using a mobile connection thru my phone. Other then that, room feels like HGI at RCon, thou at a better price  - 7 bucks!

Needing food thou, so I may have to go & brave the temps....45 F degrees in Boise today. ^_^

IIRC the Chromebook opens the login screen in a different window to what you expect (I have this when I take my chromebook into work and connect to the public WiFi).

• Like 9

I'm exhausted. Might need a nap before D&D tonight. I'm very nervous about it. It is made up of a friend from high school, his husband, and some of his friends that I don't know. We're doing the Tomb of Annihilation. I'm also hoping that my computer and internet won't be an elf and work properly for a change. 

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

BBQ chicken for dinner!

Yes, I'm grilling.

Yes, it's 34 degrees outside.

No, I don't care, I want some BBQ chicken.

I grilled the chicken for 45 minutes, but it still wouldn't tell me why it crossed the road...

• Like 2
  • Haha 10