Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

And there's a reason why it's good to have kids in your 20s or 30s. You have the energy to handle those kids!

The wife and I are mid 40s with a 2 year old. I love her but my energy ain't what it used to be. I have sort of taken a mam cat style of parenting. I watch while she does circles instead of trying to run those circles with her. My first experience with babies was when I was twelve. My sister is 9 years older and had a baby at 21. She used to come back home almost every weekend and I had to babysit for hours. I was very experienced with helping raise her kids long before I had any of my own. Her oldest has kids the same age as my daughter!

Wierdly enough out of a graduating class of 20 people 4 of us had babies in our 40s and one other at 38. Not so uncommon anymore. 3 of them all had much younger wives though. Don't know if that means they're doing more of the care or not. ::P: Kids are great but I much prefer taking care of my own to other peoples.

• Like 18

8 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Quick question that I can't answer while at work (and I'm planning to stop on the way home and look at some plastic storage solutions).

What are the dimensions of the cards Reaper backs their minis with?

5 1/2 x 3 2/4 (or around there)

(comparison, wizkids uses 5 1/2 x 3)

inches of course, what I had handy

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ratsmitglied said:

I have three aged 2->7 and yes, it is Hard Work! 

I suspect it's even harder when you're not used to it.

Very, very true!  Plus there's the novelty factor: the older child wants your attention because you're a new playmate and this interferes with looking after the younger one or doing things like prepare food.  It's easier when you can work your way up to it, starting with just one.  It's also definitely easier when you're younger, I'm quite happy to not have had any babies in my forties, teenagers are work enough!  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

You would think he would have an Irish Wolfhound...

Wolfies have tragically short lives.

Cancer, liver failure, spinal problems, and heart problems. ::(:

They came terribly close to dying out, and their gene pool is very, very small.

• Like 3
  • Sad 9

8 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

leaves out a plate of Dark Side™ Cookies 

546e6447612be0eb26e5101edcd1820c.jpg.7f169d2da87943d63fb1079e0a019f76.jpg

7 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Wish I had some meetings. Something to do besides create waiver packages. Or certification packages. Or edit old design packages. 

Anything other than this paperwork. 

I'll trade you---you come and finish my packing, and I'll go do all your paperwork.

5 hours ago, haldir said:

I took one last photo before I got on my Lyft ride to the airport yesterday. Where you access ride share at the MGM Grand is a row of benches & once your driver arrives, you just get up & go over. I seen this across the row from where I was sitting. Apparently 1 or 2 more for the road?:lol:

20200127_073742.jpg

Why not? Somebody else is driving...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

The 4-5 hour was spent meeting with my boss, figuring out when we could meet. Yes, we had a meeting to schedule a (half dozen) meetings. Glad we got that on the calendar, cause our last few regular meetings all got pushed back/canceled. 

Need to iron tonight, and do some grocery shopping. Gonna try to squeeze in an hour of painting. It'll be the second hour of hobby time this year. 

• Like 15

47 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I'll trade you---you come and finish my packing, and I'll go do all your paperwork.

I would be all for that if I could!

Hmm. Tuesday night. Wonder what I should do. Thinking a few bills then some more jungle plants. 

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Hmm. Tuesday night. Wonder what I should do. Thinking a few bills then some more jungle plants. 

Tuesday night. NCIS. Always.   Pizza is maybe.

I ordered a Pizza. Who knows if it will turn up.

• Like 9