Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, ShadowRaven said:

So our furnace is out, won't be fixed until tomorrow. We Canadians are a hardy people, but It's going to be a multiple layers sort of evening,and a many blankets kind of night.  At least it's not -30 like it was a week ago. 

Ugh, I know the feeling of having heat go out during the winter. Ours was a faulty line that affected the entire household. So we couldn't turn it on while they worked in the backyard & at night. It ended up being a electrical wire had caught fire & had burned through half the wire, thus we were only getting half of what was coming in. Luckily it came back on only after about 4 to 5 hrs of work. What was bad for me was I had to work that night, so I had to rely on my phone to wake me up & to get ready for work. Not a fun experience. Hang in there!

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, ShadowRaven said:

So our furnace is out, won't be fixed until tomorrow. We Canadians are a hardy people, but It's going to be a multiple layers sort of evening,and a many blankets kind of night.  At least it's not -30 like it was a week ago. 

It was pretty miserable last year with no heat and just a few degrees below freezing.  Hopefully your house is better insulated than ours.  (Ours is much improved, but I don't think we'll get to reinsulating the walls or changing the roof pitch.). Hope you have a space heater or fireplace or something!  

• Like 12

31 minutes ago, ShadowRaven said:

Pile on the dogs and cats! 

• Like 14

28 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Pile on the dogs and cats! 

no indoor pets, and I'm not going to try and bring the barn cats, or the horses in with me. 

41 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

It was pretty miserable last year with no heat and just a few degrees below freezing.  Hopefully your house is better insulated than ours.  (Ours is much improved, but I don't think we'll get to reinsulating the walls or changing the roof pitch.). Hope you have a space heater or fireplace or something!  

we do have a fireplace, so it's not miserable so much as just unpleasant. 

• Like 16

Well, got a little hobbying done the last few days. Working on some minis for the guys I play Starfinder with. Forgot to take any pics while going through the process but did grab one before I took them to the guys. And yes, the barrel does say ACME Super Grease on it, the Shirren Mystic LOVES to throw a Grease Spell.

42cLHtN.jpg

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1

Not a bad game tonight - over two months since the last time we played in Andrew's game, I think.

We are founding the new village in Faerie - bringing all the villagers from Megan's old village that want to come with us.

Which was most - it seems that they do not trust the Church, who were kind of indiscriminate in their use of fire.... (God will, after all, know His own.)

Found caves to use as our first settlement - building housing can wait, a strong wall and places to grow crops are more important. A Lyre of Building is something we kind of have - but we need to get it repaired.

Later the caves can become storage, or perhaps mines. (I suspect Andrew has plans, I have no idea what those plans are.)

One big problem - we were not allowed to bring any iron or steel with us - cold or otherwise.

It doesn't affect me - I have a mithril blade - but plows. We desperately need plows.

Bronze does not make a great plow.

We will need to find mithril... making these very expensive plows. (Or adamantium... which makes mithril look reasonably priced.)

In Andrew's setting, mithril can only be mined in Faerie. Picks are going to be another item we need very soon, if we can find a vein.

Cattle, sheep - no problem. The pigs... ... ... one of them has started talking. :wacko: I do not like the idea of dinner conversation.

Goats are being bred, and milked, but not used for meat - they are a trade item that some of the not-too-near local fey want.

We are in the Kingdom Building portion of the campaign now, and in a border realm between all four Courts.

Jamie had good news - she is now employed again, after the nonprofit she was working for axed her entire department, she was working again the day after her old job ended - another organization took in all of her department. (The old organization cited being unable to find and hold staff as the reason they were getting rid of her department.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 6
  • Confused 6

Time for another trip to the new homestead.

The mini-barn goes in on Thursday.

I have a trailer loaded up with my shopsmith, generator, some toolboxes, and the barbecue.   We drive up tomorrow.

Still not fully recovered from my case of the gleep but at least I'm vertical.

Chest is still sore from the aggravated cough.

Y'all play nice now.

GEM

• Like 14

4 hours ago, Crowley said:

Well, my bride had a pile of ironing too, so no hobby time tonight. :down:

You mean you can't hobby while she does the ironing?

But honey we're both doing things we like, right?

Better run after that remark of course..

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Haha 12

I'm tired. Packing is going well; I think I almost believe that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't an oncoming train. I took tomorrow and Friday off to move; I'm hoping that by Sunday we'll be finished with the old place (cleaning and whatever the movers missed/didn't bring) so we can all spend the day mostly relaxing.

• Like 12