Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

23 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Compared to the fake stuff, how did it taste?

Oh, geez.... recalling tastes from 21 years ago on top of the jet lag I had at the time. I want to say the flavor was about the same. The texture was different, and it was a bit more zesty, as in the difference between a really good fresh orange and very flavorful orange cake frosting. They may taste very similar, but your mouth can taste the fresh and flesh. If that makes any sense.

• Like 9

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think it is the freshness that makes wasabi special, more than that there is much of a difference in taste. Admittedly, I only know of it second hand, I've never had the real thing, but your description meshes with what I've heard from others.

on an unrelated note. it is +6 in Alberta, in February. 

Edited by ShadowRaven
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Unruly said:

I do one google search for Kobe Bryant and now google is sending me notices about the Lakers, and I can't turn them off because I'd have to turn off my notices about the Penguins at the same time...

Google is downright creepy.  Keeps asking me if I want it to take care of things for me by enabling more features.  No, I very much do not!!

1 hour ago, ShadowRaven said:

On an unrelated note. it is +6 in Alberta, in February. 

Well, it's Chinook season, so enjoy it while it lasts!  I still remember how a Chinook hit during the 1984 winter Olympics and messed up all the snow events.  

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

You guys snowing down there? We have this weird fluffy and wet snow here in Edmonton... 

well, it's a mix of snow and rain and sleet, and muck, and just not pleasant, but it's good for another cup of coffee since I don't have to go anywhere. Hope next weekend is better, because I have to drive up that way, Dr. appointment in St. Albert

• Like 10

My wife has gotten into bird watching (and photographing) a bit in the last year.  She recently got a book on good areas to go in the province and today we went out to check one location, the Irving Nature Park just west of the city.

We didn't actually see much in the way of birds as we ended up walking the beach there instead of going into any of the trails (which looked pretty icy, plus we really like walking on beaches).

It was a beautiful day, especially for the first of February, right around freezing with just a light breeze.

20200201_IMG_0053.thumb.jpg.d84fe6d22cfdd50054b8c6e0b2d3676b.jpg

The islands in the picture are Manawagonish Island (and Nature Preserve) and Thumb Cap Island (the little bit on the left).  The islands were donated to the Nature Trust of New Brunswick and are protected as they are an important breading ground for sea birds.

• Like 18

2 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:
2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

You guys snowing down there? We have this weird fluffy and wet snow here in Edmonton... 

well, it's a mix of snow and rain and sleet, and muck, and just not pleasant, but it's good for another cup of coffee since I don't have to go anywhere. Hope next weekend is better, because I have to drive up that way, Dr. appointment in St. Albert

+5C and 65 kph winds here. Spending most of the day inside. Turning darker but no snow forecasted.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

The islands in the picture are Manawagonish Island (and Nature Preserve) and Thumb Cap Island (the little bit on the left).  The islands were donated to the Nature Trust of New Brunswick and are protected as they are an important breading ground for sea birds.

Black sand, or crushed rock out of curiosity?  If sand, wow, didn't realize we had darker sand here in Canada..

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I want to run Rappan Athuck right now... do you think my players would notice a change of scene?

The Auld Grump

Depends.  Where are they now?  You can always just have them go through a one way teleportation effect and then then they are there.  Open a door, go into the next room, open the next door and then the whole room is in Rappan Athuck.

• Like 7

Still allive but run through the ringer.

Pulling a U-Haul all the way to Northern Nevada and back was no fun due to the 2" ball and the 2" hitch being a slack coupling that hamered every time I had to ease off the throttle.  Plus we hit a horrendous headwind on the way up, like dragging a brickn for 300 miles.

Our shed is up and the next step is to get Nevada Power to provide a basic 200 Amp Residential Service.  Since the shed is up we now have a place to set the meter and main disconnect so that can move forward.  Hopefully, we won't have to deal with the same sort of delays as with getting the well in.

Our rep tells us the factory is all caught up so see isn't putting our modular order in until the electrical is nearly ready.  She put in an order recently and called a week later to get a completion date for shipping and they told her it would be rolling off the line the following day.

I'm going to have to call for a Drs Appointment on Monday.  I just can't shake thispost-nasal drip and irritated throat.  Been going on since about Thanksgiving.

I know tomorrow is a big deal for SportsBall.  Meh.  For those of you who enjoy such things, have fun, and try not to overindulge on the food and beverages.

GEM

• Like 11