Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Water does not work for me as a mold release.  The Aves seems to be water soluble before it cures.

You're definitely using the putty for a different purpose than I am. I generally use it for bases, where the base stamp (a mold of a type) releases easily if I wet it before pressing ti into the putty. I haven't used the putty to make molds.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Citrine said:

So I took a big step yesterday, I applied for citizenship in the USA.  Norway started allowing dual citizenship for adults starting January 1st this year, so there was no longer a reason to not do it.   No more taxation without representation for me!  I have lived here for 21 years.

So according to the Iowa caucus rules, I can caucus this evening, that should be interesting...

Congratulations!  :bday: I need to do the same one of these days.  

• Like 11

More forms we need to fill out concerning the sale and buying of houses...

We're getting closer, but I start to hate filling out those forms.

I got a feeling I'm repeating myself in many of them.

How many copies does one need?

Oh well, I'm glad when we're done with it and moved.

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Packing up an old hobby you've been part of for years but just aren't enjoying anymore is a pretty potent kick to the feels..  On the flipside, the space used up by that rig and supporting things will allow me to have a build-up/buildout area for my miniatures, as well as provide room for various tools and projects I'm working on, but not quite at this precise moment. 

Eventually it will become the space for my airbrush booth, but still. 

Jeez that hurts to pack that up, even if I decided over a good month ago that I would be doing such.  It's almost like leaving a part of oneself behind, even if your thoughts are along the lines of knowing yo u can go back to the hobby whenever you would like to. 

There is relief in with all those feelings though.  It was a lot of fun, even with the dual burnouts doing it (mental burnouts).  Plenty of challenge, plenty of dry ice, and lots of fun times, including almost beating someone's score in one bench with air - while theirs was with the use of liquid nitrogen.  Okay, it was Canadian winter air, but still.

Not sure if I'll get to pack it all up today though, since it's gotten late and I really should let my knee (that I injured yesterday, oops) relax. 

Edit: just in case someone reads otherwise, this is for my computer benching hobby.  I still very much so enjoy painting! 

It is a melancholy moment. Hope the cleaned up space and airbrushing spot bring you much joy!

11 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

More forms we need to fill out concerning the sale and buying of houses...

We're getting closer, but I start to hate filling out those forms.

I got a feeling I'm repeating myself in many of them.

How many copies does one need?

Oh well, I'm glad when we're done with it and moved.

Yeah, paperwork... Uff... My hand is cramping just thinking about it.

I need to give my players some more hooks for the megadungeon. I should go back through my old posts and see which ones were never resolved/picked up on.

COFFEE!

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Crowley said:

It is a melancholy moment. Hope the cleaned up space and airbrushing spot bring you much joy!

Yeah, paperwork... Uff... My hand is cramping just thinking about it.

I need to give my players some more hooks for the megadungeon. I should go back through my old posts and see which ones were never resolved/picked up on.

COFFEE!

There are a bunch of hooks.  We just need to be less ADD and actually accomplish some.  And spend less time going "uhm".

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

Does anyone have a bottle of Retro Frost Satin that they can post a quick picture of? A small swatch would also be helpful. 

I finally (finally!) completed my inventory spreadsheet review of my entire paint collection, and while the number of paints missing from my racks was quite small and mostly duplicates, Retro Frost Satin is the only one that's irreplaceable. When and where it's done a bunk isn't important since that won't make it reappear, but I would like to try and recreate it if possible with Pearl White and blue paint. Hence why a photo reference would be much appreciated! ^_^ (yes I know the color won't be exact etc etc, but I'm fine with making a 'close enough' shade) 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 11

There are a bunch of hooks.  We just need to be less ADD and actually accomplish some.  And spend less time going "uhm".

Grump loves using hooks.

Some times it's a fishhook.

Sometimes it's a gaff hook.

Sometimes you have to go for the hook, others it comes for you.

He's also fond of giving us wire and twine and letting us make our own hooks.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

49 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Does anyone have a bottle of Retro Frost Satin that they can post a quick picture of? A small swatch would also be helpful. 

If you don't get a response, ping me this evening & I'll post a swatch for you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

Ummm is that a Reaper paint?

20180926_212743.jpg

Hmmmmm

Edited by TGP
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1