Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, ShadowRaven said:

I'm so sorry LB. I wish I had some comforting words to offer

Thanks.  He was a life long smoker/drinker, survived peacekeeping in Cypress and lived to 80.  That's impressive staying power, and we all knew he was living on borrowed time.  Still, it's going to be a rough spring.  

• Like 8
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Adept Legacy said:

....Just 24 years to go. (That's when my work stops paying into my 401k / RRSP)

Until they stop paying, or until it becomes a LIRA and can't be contributed to anymore?

34 years for me until it has to be converted to a LIRA, assuming I'm doing my math correctly.  Only reason my RRSP gets the contributions it does is because of employer matching, even if it's only a 50% match - most of my non-workplace contributions go towards my TFSA investments.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Just got the news that my father in law is in the hospital and not expected to recover.  Hubby is flying out tomorrow.  :down:

My sympathies.  It's never any fun.  I hope you have limited problematical in-laws to deal with.

Mrs Rex is visiting her mom for her 85th birthday and apparently she's not doing very well either.   But she did get to 80 in amazing health and it's only been bad the last few years.   Getting older is interesting.  Aging is a horrible experience but it does beat the alternative.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TGP said:

A New Blue?

https://futurism.com/chemists-accidentally-created-a-new-shade-of-blue-now-what

This is ^ for @Pingo

I wonder if the pigment is now available in any kind of artists or hobby paints. (Article is from 3.5 years ago.)

YiNMn blue is available in crayon form from Crayola labeled "bluetiful".  I haven't seen it available anywhere else yet, but i also havent looked for it too hard.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Until they stop paying, or until it becomes a LIRA and can't be contributed to anymore?

Well the employer contributions end in... *gasp* it might be 23 years now. Whenever employer matching goes away, so will I. Or so the joke goes.

My wife's VP said to hold on to where I work until they stop offerring the matching. So I set myself a hard deadline. Still mostly a joke though. At some point, I am going to just dump money into my retirement fund like I am trying to recover soil from ginseng farming.

Calculations from the tool they gave us says at that time I will need 4 million to retire comfortably with inflation. I guess that is why I never have less than 2 side hustles.

At least I am over 1% of the way there.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, TGP said:

A New Blue?

https://futurism.com/chemists-accidentally-created-a-new-shade-of-blue-now-what

This is ^ for @Pingo

I wonder if the pigment is now available in any kind of artists or hobby paints. (Article is from 3.5 years ago.)

So MYSTERIOUS COLOURS UNLIKE ANY SEEN ON EARTH!

Now I want to go and see "The Colour Out of Space".

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adept Legacy said:

Well the employer contributions end in... *gasp* it might be 23 years now. Whenever employer matching goes away, so will I. Or so the joke goes.

My wife's VP said to hold on to where I work until they stop offerring the matching. So I set myself a hard deadline. Still mostly a joke though. At some point, I am going to just dump money into my retirement fund like I am trying to recover soil from ginseng farming.

Calculations from the tool they gave us says at that time I will need 4 million to retire comfortably with inflation. I guess that is why I never have less than 2 side hustles.

At least I am over 1% of the way there.

I farm full time. I don't know what retirement is or how to plan for it. My grandpa lived on the farm until he died, my dad worked until 80 and then got cancer, followed by dementia so his last few years weren't exactly a great retirement. My parent's government pension never covered their basic living costs let alone extras like a vehicle or medical bills. Without their share of the farm it would have been bad. I've been trying to save something in mutual funds but every few years some crises hits and I drain it to get by and then begin the long climb back again.

8 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:
15 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Just got the news that my father in law is in the hospital and not expected to recover.  Hubby is flying out tomorrow.  :down:

My sympathies.  It's never any fun.  I hope you have limited problematical in-laws to deal with.

So much this. Too much hatred, jealousy and stupidity in my family for too many years. It's bad enough losing your loved ones without the extra "fun" many go through. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

Dream story time! (from several hours ago, before I start forgetting details)

So I'm driving a bus... no, it's a minivan now, and I'm sitting in the middle row. We're going to go pick up some teenage schoolgirls to bring them to their camp. We leave my old campus, turn two corners, and we arrive. There are the girls, in their plain green school uniform. They get in the van.

I look around. There are other groups of teenagers outside. Ah, it's co-ed school after all as I see groups of boys too. There's this one group of boys with one girl. Their private school style uniform is black with with bright highlights. The girl is sort of doing a sideways skip, and the boys are... singing with her. All of them are beautiful looking like a Disney musical (the black uniform must mean they are the "evil" rival team). They give us a strange look. There are other groups of kids. Same deal, different colour uniforms. They're practising dance numbers and we're the enemy.

A fight breaks out between two of the groups. One of the boys (with red spiky hair, and a green and yellow tartan uniform) gets burned by the fire attack. My nephew (who's on the same team as spiky red hair) is there to pick him up and wants to bring him to the nurse. He looks at me, he knows it's my old school so I know where the nurse's office is, so I have to drive them there with the minivan. I look at the old school building next to us, he looks at it. We both know the office is up the stairs at the end of the hallway, so we quietly understand that driving there is useless. So red spiky hair boy gets up smiles and decides to go their with my nephew without my help.

Now that we solved that problem. The girls in the minivan encourage me to finally put on my magical earrings. My ears aren't pierced, so I have so slowly push the pin in. So I slowly push in each pin through my lobes. These earrings are made from a butterfly clutch (the kind used in badges) with a gummy bear glued to it. I'm convinced not to tell my mother, because she wouldn't approve of magical gummy bear earrings. I get passed some mirrors to look at myself. To my horror, these are pineapple flavoured gummy bears! I don't care about the magical properties anymore. The pale yellow-greenish bears do not go well with my skin tone. I wanted red gummy bears! And I need a hair cut. The hair on the left side of my neck is much longer than the right side. Then we found my mother's secret stash of gaudy 80s earrings and hair clips.

Then I wake up.

I can only conclude that it means I need to buy more minis.

P.S. If I ever DM again, I'm adding magical gummy bear earrings in the game. I may treat them like Ioun stones for simplicity.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, FaekiasDracon said:

YiNMn blue is available in crayon form from Crayola labeled "bluetiful".  I haven't seen it available anywhere else yet, but i also havent looked for it too hard.

Looks to be available in tube acrylics from Derivan in Australia, labeled as "Oregon Blue". I don't know that they've exported the paint anywhere else, because it hasn't been safety tested at all, which could make for importation problems.

• Like 9