Jump to content

Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.


Froggy the Great
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

So is the Sun and subprints more celeberty gossip or is it a viable replacement for Weekly World News, which kept us informed on such stories as "Giant Ants Attack Outside Three Mile Island." and "Elvis Found Working At Burger King" ? 

 

 

No, the British version of the Weekly World News would probably be the Daily Sport (If it still exists, I haven't seen it around for a few years), the Sun is more regular tabloid fluff mixed with a hefty dose of political propaganda.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

GotF (aka gtfo) is one of those movies that had to be made, and many people really should watch, once. Never more than once for the majority. I am one of those who will never watch it, I know just enough of the plot to know it would do very bad things to my emotional health, and that tissue boxes do not come in extra extra large. 

 

It's truly a difficult film to recommend. I had no idea what it was about when I first watched it. I'm glad I saw it, but it's now firmly in the list of films that I think need to be watched, but only once. Other films on that list include Schindlers List and American History X, both great films but not ones I need to rewatch anytime soon.

 

6 hours ago, strawhat said:

 

I'm not ashamed to say I cried big, manly tears through much of it.

 

I'm pretty sure I'll never have a reason to watch it again, but I don't think I could ever part with my copy.

 

4 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Never, ever again. ::(:  The ending was such a punch to the guts, after making us care so much for the characters.

 

The best way to recover from watching it is to see if in a double bill with My Neighbor Totoro. This is how it was originally released in Japan and I can think of no other film that could help you recover from the horrors of GotF. 

 

6 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

So is the Sun and subprints more celeberty gossip or is it a viable replacement for Weekly World News, which kept us informed on such stories as "Giant Ants Attack Outside Three Mile Island." and "Elvis Found Working At Burger King" ? 

 

 

It's just a meanspirited tabloid, well known food it's lurid sensationalism and it has a nasty habit of bullying people. Saying anything else would get me booted into Beekeepers. 

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

 

One things for sure, it won't be Grave of the Fireflies ::(: Amazing film, but don't want to experience that but wrenching awfulness ever again. 

 

Back around the mid 2000s I had a job with Central Park media, doing DVD quality control. They were the US publisher for grave of the fireflies. They are now out of business, and I have no idea who picked it up.

 

Every time that movie got another print run I had to watch it 5 times. That always hurt. 

  • Sad 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Every time that movie got another print run I had to watch it 5 times. That always hurt. 

 

Different people have different want and needs when it come to movies and from an artistic perspective I can understand movies like this.  However, I see movies to escape the morose and horror of the world I live in, not to experience more of it.  I'm pretty careful about checking the pedigree of the movies I go to see and always have and I don't see things that are going to be emotionally painful, I had the real world for that.

 

People can want other things from movies. I just don't understand why.  To be fair, that's my limitation but I find it relaxing and comforting.  Besides in a film full of excitement and adventure I am much less likely to point out the flaw or detail that short circuits the movie and much more likely to watch the movie uninjured...:blink:

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

 

Different people have different want and needs when it come to movies and from an artistic perspective I can understand movies like this.  However, I see movies to escape the morose and horror of the world I live in, not to experience more of it.  I'm pretty careful about checking the pedigree of the movies I go to see and always have and I don't see things that are going to be emotionally painful, I had the real world for that.

 

People can want other things from movies. I just don't understand why.  To be fair, that's my limitation but I find it relaxing and comforting.  Besides in a film full of excitement and adventure I am much less likely to point out the flaw or detail that short circuits the movie and much more likely to watch the movie uninjured...:blink:

it's a very good movie, it's just not the rewatch for fun kind of movie. Between it being very sad, very well animated, and famous/highly reviewed, it was hell to need to work with because there was almost no allowance for error and a lot that needed to be checked that I had to focus very closely on.

 

Sort of 7 out of 10 tv show anime was always the fun stuff to work on. low stakes, dumb jokes that mostly didn't translate well, and a high likelihood that I would be the only one who would ever actually watch the dvd. Patlabor the TV show was my favorite.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This popped up as an ad on Wayfair. Had to click on it to see how much it cost. $250 canadian with free shipping. Seriously where can I sell these for that price? I could pop out a dozen a day in my spare time in the winter. They called it an end table.

Tustin End Table

 

Whoops messed up the price it's actually $270 canadian. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 13
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Zink said:

This popped up as an ad on Wayfair. Had to click on it to see how much it cost. $250 canadian with free shipping. Seriously where can I sell these for that price? I could pop out a dozen a day in my spare time in the winter. They called it an end table.

Tustin End Table

 

Whoops messed up the price it's actually $270 canadian. 

Looks like someone got tired halfway through preparing firewood and decided that they could make more money by selling it to hipsters.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know I know, Valentine's Day is a Commercial thing and all.

It didn't stop me from giving my girl the largest flower arrangement I could find.

She loved it and I regret nothing that happened afterwards.

Sometimes going with the commercial flow isn't that bad...

 

  • Like 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I know I know, Valentine's Day is a Commercial thing and all.

It didn't stop me from giving my girl the largest flower arrangement I could find.

She loved it and I regret nothing that happened afterwards.

Sometimes going with the commercial flow isn't that bad...

 

 

it's a commercial thing but i don't think it's all in all a bad thing to show your significant other how much you care :D hubby got me a book i've been wanting

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zink said:

This popped up as an ad on Wayfair. Had to click on it to see how much it cost. $250 canadian with free shipping. Seriously where can I sell these for that price? I could pop out a dozen a day in my spare time in the winter. They called it an end table.

Tustin End Table

 

Whoops messed up the price it's actually $270 canadian. 

I've got a draw knife and a router.  I wonder where I need to go to sell them? Please tell me it's not Toronto.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, ShadowRaven said:

I've got a draw knife and a router.  I wonder where I need to go to sell them? Please tell me it's not Toronto.

 

If I ever figure it out I'll let you know. The market (if there is one) should be able to handle 2 of us making these. Worst case scenario there's a few people around here still burning wood so all I'd have to do is split it to sell. And due to the magic of targeted ads this also popped up just now. Only $420.

 

Wingfield Solid Wood Tree Stump End Table

 

Of course it's had much more work done on it so it deserves the extra $170 price tag.

  • Like 8
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, aku-chan said:

 

No, the British version of the Weekly World News would probably be the Daily Sport (If it still exists, I haven't seen it around for a few years), the Sun is more regular tabloid fluff mixed with a hefty dose of political propaganda.

 

5 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

 

It's just a meanspirited tabloid, well known food it's lurid sensationalism and it has a nasty habit of bullying people. Saying anything else would get me booted into Beekeepers. 

So in other words, it's the UK version of the New York Times?

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I know I know, Valentine's Day is a Commercial thing and all.

It didn't stop me from giving my girl the largest flower arrangement I could find.

She loved it and I regret nothing that happened afterwards.

Sometimes going with the commercial flow isn't that bad...

 

I got hubby a pink valentines dragon and some treasure (candy) to go with it. 
 

Valentines is just an excuse to show the people you care about your love.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Zink said:

This popped up as an ad on Wayfair. Had to click on it to see how much it cost. $250 canadian with free shipping. Seriously where can I sell these for that price? I could pop out a dozen a day in my spare time in the winter. They called it an end table.

Tustin End Table

 

Whoops messed up the price it's actually $270 canadian. 

Kind of reminds me of the Richardson ground squirrel craze twenty years ago, where they were selling for $350 each over in Ontario, and prairie farmers were going "I killed $12k worth of them this morning..." because out here they're a dangerous pest to farmers (and anyone who wants to keep their ankles intact)... 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...