Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

9 hours ago, aku-chan said:

No, the British version of the Weekly World News would probably be the Daily Sport (If it still exists, I haven't seen it around for a few years), the Sun is more regular tabloid fluff mixed with a hefty dose of political propaganda.

8 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

It's just a meanspirited tabloid, well known food it's lurid sensationalism and it has a nasty habit of bullying people. Saying anything else would get me booted into Beekeepers. 

Disappointing. I've been trying to find a source of fortean news that isn't part of the Daily Grail-Anomalist-Mysterious Universe triangle. I've also been trying to find out if Weekly World News has a successor, because I'm pretty sure I could work my "Mermaids of the Great Lakes" bs into something worthy of the front cover. 

5 hours ago, Zink said:

This popped up as an ad on Wayfair. Had to click on it to see how much it cost. $250 canadian with free shipping. Seriously where can I sell these for that price? I could pop out a dozen a day in my spare time in the winter. They called it an end table.

Tustin End Table

Whoops messed up the price it's actually $270 canadian. 

Ren and Stimpy predicted this. 

"Log! Log! It's Big, It's Heavy! It's Wood!

Log! Log! It's Better Than Bad! It's Good!"

Also might be someone taking inspiration from the "Pet Rock" craze.

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

So in other words, it's the UK version of the New York Times?

Do you mean the NY Post? In which case, yes. Or Washington Examiner. 

18 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

You'd think that they'd know what a whale carcass looks like by now <_<

My feelings on the Sun(and it's Scottish subprint) are best left unspoken. They're not exactly known for their high quality of journalism :mellow:

Currently waiting for Storm Dennis to arrive. Hopefully it won't be too bad and we've got plenty to occupy ourselves, especially since we just found a whole bunch of Studio Ghibli films on Netflix :bday: The only problem is in what order? My Neighbor Toronto is obviously first, but after that we're not certain. Possibly Kikis Delivery Service or Porko Rosso. 

One things for sure, it won't be Grave of the Fireflies ::(: Amazing film, but don't want to experience that but wrenching awfulness ever again. 

Last year... I think it was last year, my bride and I went through almost the entire Ghibli catalog, and we did it in the order of release. 

Made some yummy chicken and hominy soup for lunch today. Tomorrow's breakfast will be fried egg w/ avocado on toasted croissants. Unfortunately the co-op was insanely busy... always makes me feel uncomfortable being packed in with so many people. It's less stressful on the subway, cause everyone is just standing there. In the store everyone is moving around, pushing carts or bumping into you with baskets. 

COFFEE!!

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

it's a commercial thing but i don't think it's all in all a bad thing to show your significant other how much you care :D hubby got me a book i've been wanting

Picked up a stuffed hedgehog with a Love heart + a balloon for my wife & gave it to her after work yesterday. Considering it was convenient + it made a nice little decoration in her department while she was at work. We went out for Chinese & during I gave her a pendent with our birthstones in it. She enjoyed the gifts.

I did tell her "I love you but I don't love you $99.99 for a flower arraignment........:blink:"

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

I've been sick the last two days. Either a fast flu bug or food poisoning, not sure which. I missed most of the last two days because I've been sleeping. 

I was feeling better when I woke up but now not so much. Migraine hit pretty hard. I've got my weather earplugs in, migraine sunglasses on, and laying in a dark room. I've consumed caffeine and a migraine pill. 

I just wanna feel decent.

• Like 1
  • Sad 16

2 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Ren and Stimpy predicted this. 

"Log! Log! It's Big, It's Heavy! It's Wood!

Log! Log! It's Better Than Bad! It's Good!"

Also might be someone taking inspiration from the "Pet Rock" craze.

See, this is what I get for teaching classes at a convention. I miss out on being able to make a Ren & Stimpy reference.

:down:

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

@Crowley that soup sounded great! And coffee!

Took Lady Corsair out to Valentine's Dinner today, I am blessed with a wonderful lady, how she has put up with me for 35+ years is beyond me. Not looking forward to Monday through Wednesday this week, getting a Colonoscopy, tried before Christmas, but didn't get clean enough. Soooooo, I get TWO days of cleansing this time.....yeesh.

3 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

Migraine pill kicked in fast this time. I'm a little light headed but that's normal but headache is, mostly, gone. Now to scrounge up something to eat soon and make a grocery list for tomorrow.

Great news!

• Like 8
  • Sad 4

Singles Awareness Day was pretty busy yesterday. More people walked in than I expected, and we surprised a few couples with a free upgrade to a jacuzzi suite. One couple asked for a romantic touch weeks ago, and we provided lighting, rose petals, wine and chocolate for them. They were very pleased about it, and we got good reviews for making it a special day for our guests.

• Like 16

2 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Doing up some peeled foam core sewers. ::):

2.5 D, no walls, but raised walkways over the channe!

For some reason, every city based game I've been in has taken a trip into the stinky dark.

I mean... yeah. Of course. Why wouldn't it? 

And for those who'd be interested, here's the soup recipe: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/235862/chicken-and-hominy-soup-with-lime-and-cilantro/

Studying is... well... it's going. Ongoing, really. On and on and on and on... *sigh*

Did take a break to watch the most recent @7Ninjasinatrenchcoat and Black Magic Crafts videos. I was thrilled to see a Battlefleet Gothic Orc cruiser on the workbench... and he's making me want to break my "No GW purchases!" and get some of that contrast paint. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Singles Awareness Day was pretty busy yesterday. More people walked in than I expected, and we surprised a few couples with a free upgrade to a jacuzzi suite. One couple asked for a romantic touch weeks ago, and we provided lighting, rose petals, wine and chocolate for them. They were very pleased about it, and we got good reviews for making it a special day for our guests.

Ah, so you're working in a bordello now? :devil:

• Haha 14

5 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Disappointing. I've been trying to find a source of fortean news that isn't part of the Daily Grail-Anomalist-Mysterious Universe triangle. I've also been trying to find out if Weekly World News has a successor, because I'm pretty sure I could work my "Mermaids of the Great Lakes" bs into something worthy of the front cover. 

Is the Fortean Times still published? We used to get good adventure hooks from that.  

4 hours ago, haldir said:

Picked up a stuffed hedgehog with a Love heart + a balloon for my wife & gave it to her after work yesterday. Considering it was convenient + it made a nice little decoration in her department while she was at work. We went out for Chinese & during I gave her a pendent with our birthstones in it. She enjoyed the gifts.

It was a toss up between our traditional visit to a local burger place, or gyros.  Mediterranean place was closer, and we didn't feel like eating out so I got take-out.  No cooking, no clean up, win-win. 

• Like 12