Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

5 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I begin to suspect I may in fact be solar-powered. Which is fine, that means I can start looking for options to deal with winter this year in advance.

You mostly seem to have a Sunny disposition. At least that’s what shines through when you are ::): ::): enough to leave rambleational (totally a word Doug; totally a word) remarks here. So do ramble on! And commentate. And stuff. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you snap any pix at this con?

As for the banishing of winter. They have these lightbulbs now that are stupid silly bright. I was able to find some that kick out 1650 Lumens on only 15-16 Watts of power. You need a Cat-Cave** with about four of those things; maybe two in the ceiling fixture and two more in a pair of desk lamps...see what that does to the winter bleurrrghs. 

**It’s like the Batcave, filled with all your cool toys, but brightly lit. (On only about 60-75 Watts Total power .....LEDs! ....Science!)

Edited by TGP
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I made it to the store today! Coughed myself near to death when I finally got back out to the car, but food has been acquired and I feel almost human and/or functional today.

I also found a couple half-off books for my niece, one being a big book of Disney princess stories and the other what was my favorite book as a wee lad:

6656A273-79A4-435F-A528-777829B1210E.thumb.jpeg.e14f87a79d56c61652d3cd870964e69f.jpeg

I'm pretty excited about this one. ^_^

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

I made it to the store today! Coughed myself near to death when I finally got back out to the car, but food has been acquired and I feel almost human and/or functional today.

I also found a couple half-off books for my niece, one being a big book of Disney princess stories and the other what was my favorite book as a wee lad:

6656A273-79A4-435F-A528-777829B1210E.thumb.jpeg.e14f87a79d56c61652d3cd870964e69f.jpeg

I'm pretty excited about this one. ^_^

That is one of the best books... gonna need to get it for my Sephy soon.

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Not tired. At. ALL. 

1F872B69-7B1D-4C7B-B3D2-AC7E38D310F6.thumb.jpeg.bf8857e1bbcb6740c3cf294b007b6b3b.jpeg

You cast a sleep spell didn't you?

While I am glad that some of you are looking forward to the Return of the Tyranny of the Orb That Burns and Blinds, I've been enjoying today's dreariness and rain. Not only have I been sleeping better because of it, I've also managed to get some halfway decent writing done. Basic plot is a group of high school kids who have a nasty incident with a ouija board, and the resulting fallout from that. Added to this are subplots involving their friends getting involved with a fundamentalist militia/cult, and the organized burglery of a distribution center on behalf of said cult. This was originally just a few paragraphs of background for one of my characters in another story concerning psychics on the run from the US government, but it seems to have taken on a life of it's own. Whether or not I can successfully combine the Buffy style high school supernatural drama, (although I'm taking a far more serious tone than the show did with it), with the bleakness and predestined tone of a Jim Thompson noir remains to be seen. 

• Like 11

A bit of personal stupidity today...

Grabbed my gaming material, rushed out of the restaurant job, just in time to catch the bus to take me to the school to run my after school Pathfinder game, pulled on the door and *Thunk*... the door didn't budge.

Which makes perfect sense - it's President's Day and the school is closed. <_<

I knew it was President's Day, knew the school was closed, yet somehow it did not connect that, oh, yeah. School closed. No game. :rolleyes:

I was looking forward to it - the group has put the pieces together, and was heading towards the climax. *EDIT* Hopefully in time to rescue their friend, the goblin klobasnek seller. Someone has been murdering goblins, and  using the Public Works Indigent Reanimation protocol to get rid of the bodies - having them reanimated by the city, and put to work - which also conveniently prevents Speak With Dead from working.

The city Medical Examiner - necromancer and creator of the spell used by the Public Works - had a heart attack. The bard/reporter managed to keep him alive, with a fairly high DC Healing check.

Two days would have covered it, I think - but one definitely won't.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 10
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Hoping that everyone over in Jollie Olde Englande are safe and have kept their tea supplies high and dry.

Thanks for your concern. Things are very soggy but we are still getting off lightly compared to our Australian friends.

• Like 13