Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

4 minutes ago, Unruly said:

What kind? I've had their quarter cask, 10 year, and triple wood. Of them, the only one I found truly drinkable was the quarter cask. The others had way too much of an iodine bite. But then again I thought the Lagavulin 16 was just a tad too much iodine as well, though still drinkable, so maybe I just don't care for the Islay style much.

Most people have a hard time handling it straight.

A lot of their production is used in blended scotch to give additional body and flavor elements to the blend.

GEM

• Like 6

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blarrrrrgh, the only thing that sucks about knowing you have packages on the way is, uh, uhm, well... That having to wait bit. 

...Not that I need any more projects mind you, but still... 

*goes back to Playing HBS' BattleTech instead of painting like he told hubby he would be doing tonight*

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Argentee said:

Somewhere along the line, Mom and sis SERIOUSLY botched a sanity roll. Sister wants to add a narwhal tree this year. Mom is saying upgrade the Gnome tree instead. Gnome and Narwhals seem to be the fad ornaments this year, last year it was red trucks with a christmas tree in the back, with variations (VW bug or motorhome with tree on top, for example).

No, no. Clearly what is needed is a unicorn tree. Narwhals, rhinoceroses, unicorns, kirins. Anything with a single horn. :winkthumbs:

• Like 6
  • Haha 14

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

So... which is the better cold remedy, Bushmills or Kraken? 

It's the con crud. DH brought it home and gave it to me. He's getting it back when I'm done with it.  

Scotch is the best choice for a sore throat!  Especially the Islay scotches.

Scotches are made with peat smoked malt.  Peat smoke leaves concentrations of phenolics.  Phenol is the compound in throat sprays that brings instant relief.  Therefore, to bring instant relief drinking good Islay scotch is the best answer!  Bottoms up!

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

I'm out of Laphroaig, the Black Bush will have to do as a starter.  Then we'll see how I feel in the morning. 

That is not a bad thing you might consider replacing it with Ardbeg, preferably the Correvrecken.  That is one of the nicest Islay malts if found with a price tag I'm willing to p

3 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Not Laphroaig, but something for the, shall we say,  weak in the knee less sophisticated scotch drinkers, Old Sheep Dip.

GEM

And this is a problem, how?

GEM

I'll agree with that, there is nothing sophisticated about old sheep dip.

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

I said the corgi's name to get her attention for a picture... and up jumped the Aussie from nowhere to get in the frame. This is the story of our lives, through and through.

FFEDD6D9-CB49-462B-A07C-DD4ECEE6595A.thumb.jpeg.140849c45d3cb394e71fc46589555c72.jpeg

Did get my picture too tho.

F9464127-1AE6-49AF-84A6-E7091C904C3D.thumb.jpeg.b51b9f97e347fc7f3c2988436688d0a8.jpeg

Aussies will photobomb any picture they can get near.

1 hour ago, Unruly said:

What kind? I've had their quarter cask, 10 year, and triple wood. Of them, the only one I found truly drinkable was the quarter cask. The others had way too much of an iodine bite. But then again I thought the Lagavulin 16 was just a tad too much iodine as well, though still drinkable, so maybe I just don't care for the Islay style much.

Personally my favorites are from the highlands with the Aberlor A'bunadh and the Highland Park 1991 as my #1 and #2 favorites.  Though I do have others... many others...

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

I heard straight scotch! Hello, I am here. :eyes:

Also I missed the end of the last thread! Ack! We were on those last 30 pages for a while with that ReaperCon timing....

Inarah was pondering a “cure” for the ConCrud. That was how the Scotch thing started. 

• Like 10

People laugh but I've seen a historical document here at the Philadelphia Public Library. Some guy wrote about the time he had Yellow Fever and cured it by drinking all the brandy he owned. He woke up the next morning with neither hangover nor deadly disease and just had to write it down.

• Like 6
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 2

Wow. I really need to exercise more. I can do jumping jacks for like 5 minutes before I need a break. But I did manage to get in like 15 minutes of exercise. So I'll start there, try to do it every day, and then work my way up. Won't be able to do burpees every day, though. At least not yet. The ones I did yesterday made it so I can't do the squat portion of it today. And knowing how my body recovers, I probably won't be able to do them tomorrow either.

Also, my feet hurt. Jumping jacks don't help that, even with exercise mat underneath me. The perils of having a walking job, I suppose. Hopefully that too will sort itself out as I continue.

• Like 13