Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Well, that was a fun morning at work.  Gonna miss seeing several faces there, to say the least. 

And it happened to all 21 of our branches too. Ouch. 

...I survived, but we will be losing an entire department, and at least two salespeople.. One of them being the one I've worked with since I started. 

I'm also going to be cleaning alongside delivering. Intriguing. Edit: guess that "learn basic maintenance" request I had so many years ago is finally coming true, but so not in the way I was envisioning. 

My condolences, I've been through that kind of decimation myself. It's brutal.

As a former janitor, I welcome you to the Way of the Mop. There are a few side benefits to it, first one being if you are at all familiar with staff techniques, your mop ensures that you are never defenseless. The second is that cleaning staff are invisible to a lot of people, so it's easy to overhear all manner of interesting things, some of which can act as forewarning of things about to come down the pipe. Don't think of it as being a slop drudge, think of it as hands on training in intelligence gathering. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

Today turned out to give me quite a moral boost for my job searching.

After nearly two months of mostly nothing, within an hour, four companies contact me for interviews. Be it by phone, Skype or in person. :blink::lol:

I am... excited. :bday:

luck to you. 

• Like 8

On 2/17/2020 at 6:08 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

A bit of personal stupidity today...

Grabbed my gaming material, rushed out of the restaurant job, just in time to catch the bus to take me to the school to run my after school Pathfinder game, pulled on the door and *Thunk*... the door didn't budge.

V1KVfwqfy3je7Pi3z18WSs_SfavFSpFLmi0VO4gw

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 12

Had to go to the big tool company in the Harbor today for some trailer wiring supplies.

While there I passed an end cap display with a carded Rotary Tool for under $10.  Decided it had enough "goodies" visible in the pack to make it worth spending the money on. 

At home, it looks like good value for the money.  Lots of useful tools [package says 80 pieces] and the rotary tool says it does 16000 RPM.  I can stall it out with my thumb and finger but for a light duty - throw it in the go bag tool it's a keeper.  IMNSHO just the included tools are worth the money, particularly the container filled with burrs that appear to be diamond dust coated.

Tomorrow is another day commuting to Northern Nevada.  The Electric Utility we have to deal with [Nevada Energy} has many hoops to be navigated before they will even look at an application for a new service installation.  To the point where I have to tell them the serial numbers of their utility pole and transformer located adjacent to our streetside property line.  Ah well, such is life. 

At this rate, well be moving in within 30 days of Reapercon.  With everything going on related to this project I haven't had time to wet a paintbrush since Thanksgiving.:down:

GEM

Addendum:  All the little packages of burrs, sanding discs, grinding wheels, drills, collets and other goodies just about fill a snack size ziplock bag.

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
tentacles
  • Like 13

20 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Thanks for your concern. Things are very soggy but we are still getting off lightly compared to our Australian friends.

We're getting a bit soggy now too. Rains for the last week or so (Sydney got 3 times their February average within 4 days), but at least the bushfires are looking better now...

• Like 9