Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was breakfast yesterday in three stages. 

E9B9101E-C90A-47D7-8390-26DD6A68F7E7.thumb.jpeg.53e21f418cf9e7eec05236e8d711dee2.jpeg

1) A soup of three raw eggs floating on Saffflower oil. 

930C046C-92B2-499E-965B-B292FD95A3ED.thumb.jpeg.29826fac38f9597df5e8d9cddf7b217f.jpeg

2) Zappitty, Zap, Zaappp! (...after a trip thru the Panasonic 1250.) A fluffy egg-ring with warm (raw?) egg soup in the middle. 

B49B3903-69D6-4523-817C-5FD0D3ADFAA9.thumb.jpeg.336be9f6be2c8843d899e1b5ee0e94e4.jpeg

3) The last of my Colby-Jack Cheese was applied in Squares, one of them over the hole in the middle. Pepper was sprinkled on to camouflage them. More zapping happened ...Zap, Zap! Maybe at a lower power. And that ^ was the result. 

At least it didn't stick to the plate and have to be scraped off...that oil does it’s job. 

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, TGP said:

This was breakfast yesterday in three stages. 

E9B9101E-C90A-47D7-8390-26DD6A68F7E7.thumb.jpeg.53e21f418cf9e7eec05236e8d711dee2.jpeg

1) A soup of three raw eggs floating on Saffflower oil. 

930C046C-92B2-499E-965B-B292FD95A3ED.thumb.jpeg.29826fac38f9597df5e8d9cddf7b217f.jpeg

2) Zappitty, Zap, Zaappp! (...after a trip thru the Panasonic 1250.) A fluffy egg-ring with warm (raw?) egg soup in the middle. 

B49B3903-69D6-4523-817C-5FD0D3ADFAA9.thumb.jpeg.336be9f6be2c8843d899e1b5ee0e94e4.jpeg

3) The last of my Colby-Jack Cheese was applied in Squares, one of them over the hole in the middle. Pepper was sprinkled on to camouflage them. More zapping happened ...Zap, Zap! Maybe at a lower power. And that ^ was the result. 

At least it didn't stick to the plate and have to be scraped off...that oil does it’s job. 

Fold it over right after Step 3 and you'll have an omelet.

If you try folding it I suggest putting other Things inside it between Step 3 and Fold. A few spoonfuls of chunky salsa make for easy and tasty omelet filling.

Also, I own those exact plates ::P:

Edited by NebulousMissy
stuff
  • Like 10

I have to share this video I found because it's just too awesome to not share: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDERamAQ41I

It's a watercolor artist with moderate red/green colorblindness who gets a pair of glasses that can help those with colorblindness to see color. He and his (girlfriend? wife? Her name is Steph) go for a walk and watching him learn what color is all over again is so wonderful. At 8 mins in he suddenly discovers that Steph's eyes are green and it's just the most precious thing, and then a few minutes later his mind is blown by a bush that has both red and green leaves on it.

Like seriously, if you're having a bad day, go watch it. Even if you aren't, it's so fascinating watching him stare at his watercolor palette and plants and talk to Steph about what green is. He also paints a picture of Steph and she's amazed because for the first time he isn't asking her to help him differentiate between colors.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

I have to share this video I found because it's just too awesome to not share:

It’s great to watch someone have a real positive reaction about something.

It’s a nice change from the usual negativity we seem to be exposed to on an almost daily basis now a days.

• Like 10

Well it's official, I am now supposed to be visiting down under in late spring.  Time to brush up on my delta V skills.  

I hope that by the time I get there mother nature is done trying to drive everybody out!  

And this time I'm not tied to an experimental drug so I don't have to limit the trip to 16 days... I can actually do some siteseeing!

• Like 16

52 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

Well this is a turn up for the books.

I've just retired. (Champagne is in the 'fridge.)

Went to the doctor for my annual work medical last week. All passed with no problem, but I got the usual grumble that I am diabetic, ought not to be doing this that and the other, ought to take insulin instead of aural medicine etc. etc...

So I sat down and had a think...

And a long talk with wife...

And an even longer talk with accountant...

Result being that I can afford to stop work, so why the hell keep knocking myself out? The job isn't nearly as rewarding or enjoyable as it was (cough, cough) years ago, so why plod on?

I am now a gentleman of leisure. 

Awesome!

Enjoy your retirement, you're absolutely right, if you can afford it, go for it!  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Fold it over right after Step 3 and you'll have an omelet.

If you try folding it I suggest putting other Things inside it between Step 3 and Fold. A few spoonfuls of chunky salsa make for easy and tasty omelet filling.

Also, I own those exact plates ::P:

I have dropped several of them and (drumroll...)  :bday: they don’t break!! :bday: ...sometimes science **really is grand. 

So what you are saying is that my blundering around in the kitchen resulted in an open faced omelette, that’s good to know. Because in a kitchen I truly have no idea what I am doing. 

**corelle®️ Old Town Blue FTW!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, paintybeard said:

Went to the doctor for my annual work medical last week. All passed with no problem, but I got the usual grumble that I am diabetic, ought not to be doing this that and the other, ought to take insulin instead of aural medicine etc. etc...

Result being that I can afford to stop work, so why the hell keep knocking myself out? The job isn't nearly as rewarding or enjoyable as it was (cough, cough) years ago, so why plod on?

Congratulations! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Just realized a fabulous money saving technique!

Go to the Kickstarter section of these forums, find the “mark all as read” thingy, and immediately I saved money by not reading it!

I've been doing that for quite some time now.  It does really help.  Of course there are the posts on FB and sometimes the sidebar on the forums shows me one that is too intriguing to not have a look, but my number of KS backed is way down.

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Good On yer, mate!

With your [now former] work schedule you will probably find the transition to be a lot easier than for someone used to the "daily grind".  The hard part will come when your brain tells you it's time to be aboard ship and you're still on land.  Word from someone forcibly retired:  Keep Busy!  As a miniature painter you already have at least one focus to keep your mind active, encourage that.  The hard part in the beginning is getting used to the new routine and finding enough things of interest to keep your mind active.  Once you solve that conundrum you are truly "golden".

Enjoy your new found freedom, and may your wife be in a position to enjoy it with you.

GEM

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1