Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Could everyone stop being sick and injured please, oh my goodness we've had enough! :down:

I teamed up with her majesty's engineering corps and delivered unto the heir to our bloodline my niece a tunnel, today.

5FE60D60-9D98-4531-87AF-4EF5BBADE5B2.thumb.jpeg.ef27caebfbc2265e6ee42b43e523e897.jpeg

Watch out for that Mario, he's kind of a jerk. He might jump on your niece's head.

9 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

I just need to hang in there for another 75 minutes and then I'm leaving work and taking a 4 day weekend. 

I have about 100 minutes and I'm doing the same thing. (I need to drop my vacation balance so I keep accruing time off.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

I have about 100 minutes and I'm doing the same thing. (I need to drop my vacation balance so I keep accruing time off.)

Sort of the same situation. We can have as much vacation leave saved up as we want, but we can only accrue 40 hours of personal leave before they start paying us instead. On top of that I tend to take all my overtime as time and a half leave (comp time) instead of cash. But if you don't use it up within a year they pay it out instead. I'm up against the wall on both personal and comp time, so it's take a long weekend or don't get that time off. That's cool though, I have minis to paint, beer to brew (and consume), and a birthday to celebrate with friends. So the timing works out. 

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Could everyone stop being sick and injured please, oh my goodness we've had enough! :down:

Hey, I walked out of the hospital yesterday under my own power, I'd say I did fairly well.

Ow...

I informed my parents. My dad was terrified, my mother nodded and said "oh yeah I had that. Sucks don't it?" Then they told everybody and I have had to field all sorts of "what do you mean they didn't give you any painkillers for the road?!" from relatives who underestimate ibuprofen and my own inherent toughness.

Partner is going to work to tell my coworkers I'm recovering just fine. They had to hear I'd left via ambulance on Monday then the department manager called me yesterday to see if I was all right and I had to listen to her try not to cry as I admitted I'd just had emergency surgery I'm gonna need the week off.

Meanwhile I'm sitting here, sore, drinking yummy coffee and about to break my diet because I'm not doing surgery recovery on a diet, besides I need ramen. I have people I can call if I need anything, otherwise I'm going to sit here and watch youtube all day and nap. Nap is deserved.

• Like 22

8 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

Sort of the same situation. We can have as much vacation leave saved up as we want, but we can only accrue 40 hours of personal leave before they start paying us instead. On top of that I tend to take all my overtime as time and a half leave (comp time) instead of cash. But if you don't use it up within a year they pay it out instead. I'm up against the wall on both personal and comp time, so it's take a long weekend or don't get that time off. That's cool though, I have minis to paint, beer to brew (and consume), and a birthday to celebrate with friends. So the timing works out. 

We're allowed to accrue up to 216 hours of PTO, and they used to pay out if you went over the max, which was fine when that was the policy. But a couple of years ago, they paid everyone down to 108 hours and instituted a policy that you don't accrue when you hit the max now. The intent is to make sure people use their vacation instead of just getting extra money (for company fiscal reasons and and employee quality of life reasons). Right now I'm at 193 hours so a couple of days off it is.

And I'm not at all heartbroken about it either. Might even run up to Rocky Mountain NP on Friday morning with my wife.

• Like 11

Reaper ToolBox! #033 with Anne started at 3 PM.  She's painting a dragon from Dance of Death.  The giveaway is a set of two Reaper Kolinsky brushes for each five subs.

https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures/

ETA: She added a Painting Big sticker to the loot for each winner.

Edited by Serenity
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Sick babies are super gross. And obnoxious. It’s particularly bad when you yourself are sick and have run out of patience. 

I have been a very poor parent the last few days :down:

Earaches are THE WORST!

Collick, oh, did that ever make us miserable.

And the sheer amount of SNOT one small human sick person can make puts a hag fish to shame!

• Like 11

13 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I'm down 10+ pounds in 3 days and nobody is positive what's causing it... 

Eesh... Been there - I had scarlet fever when I was younger, and dropped 20 lbs. in one week. Not a weight-loss method I'd recommend. :zombie:

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

7 hours ago, Zink said:

I built one a few years ago based off https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GWzHb4Hd8Y&t=514s. I like it but had a couple issues. First one was with tension when the wire is hot. I can't find any suitable springs. They either give out when hot or are so stiff they basically don't do anything. So I just started using the spring in the arm and have been getting by. The other more serious problem has been power supply and temp control. I've tried electric railroad power box and phone chargers but they just didn't have enough juice for my setup so I always fall back on an old 12v car battery charger. But it tends to run things a bit too hot. I've tried a variety of rheostats for temp control (house dimmer switch and DC dimmer switches) and they all burnt out on me even though I wasn't using high amps. It cut beautifully while they worked but now I'm back to one temp and haven't been using it so much. Even with all the switches it cost me about half of a proxxon but I'm still wondering if I should have bought that instead. Got ideas on how to improve my design but without a stable power source and temp control I haven't bothered. Need to get back to making some terrain before winter's over.

Go back to the Model Railroad Power Supplies and get one for O Gauge, or the large scale trains.

You should be able to pick up a used Lionel Unit from the usual online sources.  I say Lionel for preference because of plentiful availability and they make p.s. capable of running multiple trains at the same time.

Doesn't matter if it's AC or DC as long as it has a rheostat and lots of amps.

As for springs, try using a counterweight instead of springs if you can't find suitable springs.  Put the upper wire on a lever and either hang a weight off the other end of the lever or use a pulley system from the top of the attachment point for the wire with enough weight in a basket to counterbalance the tension on the wire.  This will give you constant tension, hot or cold.

Just my two cents.

GEM

• Like 6