Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Totally understandable why the sporting world is shutting down temporarily due to the virus, but dang I hope it doesn't affect the Unv of OR women's basketball team in the long run. Yes, it's just a game, but dangit, I wanna see my unv get a title! (thou, who knows if they would go all the way but dangit, this year had that feeling!)

Seeing Gobert's actions after he tested positive for the virus, just makes me sick. Shows how some people just don't care.

Well after seeing the news, no March Madness this year. Totally understandable, but ouch.

• Like 5

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I remember this moment with Brigid -

20200311.png

Megan's expression was very much like that. ::):

The Auld Grump

My expression wasn't "I'm angry at my kid" it was "I can't believe it took this long before I figured this out."  :lol:

Yes, they DO do this!

They also DO stick their hand in your mouth and grab your lips. ::P:

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 7
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Is this the best time or the worst time to play music.... Down With the Sickness by Disturbed? :devil:

Someone here while I was in Vegas said it best so far

"Year of the Rat, no more like Year of the Plague." sigh

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

Today's very slightly runny nose prompted me to make a meme for the first time.

I work in a warehouse. I have an allergy to dust, and a broken nose full of scar tissue up inside, that causes me to cough a lot and be blowing my nose at least three to four times per shift at work.

Work has just stated at the big OMG-IT'S-THE-APOCALYPSE meeting today that people who are coughing and sneezing or blowing their nose a lot are going to be sent home from work until they can provide a doctor's note saying they don't have the Apocalypse Virus.

I can't wait for the frakkin' witch-hunt to begin.  :rolleyes:

I've been stocking up on spearmint Lifesavers out of the machine at work and making sure nobody sees me blow my nose so I don't accidentally get attacked by a lynch mob with pitchforks and torches...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4

14 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Is this the best time or the worst time to play music.... Down With the Sickness by Disturbed? :devil:

I'd go with the lounge version. The "official" theme of Corona Chan seems to be Love Solfege "3C2", track 5 on The Note of Satanism album.

Personally I'm going with KMFDM's "Revolution II"mix from the 1995 single for Brute, and the various remixes of "Help us, Save us, Take Us Away".

19 minutes ago, haldir said:

Year of the Rat, no more like Year of the Plague." sigh

According to the scrawlings of Oltolf, it's Year of the Bagel, but I'm taking a cue from Daniel Dafoe and calling it "The Plague Year". Hint of gravitas to it, and the odds of copyright lawyers hunting me down over sometime originally published in 1722 seem minimal. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'm on the recovery end from being sick three weeks ago. Still have a slight drip to my nose and I sound like I've been smoking for a few years (I don't ever smoke). Have to clear a lil' gunk from the throat occasionally. It is very annoying. Nothing bad.... but grr. No, I don't have the big bad virus. I just exist with a constitution score of 8 <_<

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I'm on the recovery end from being sick three weeks ago. Still have a slight drip to my nose and I sound like I've been smoking for a few years (I don't ever smoke). Have to clear a lil' gunk from the throat occasionally. It is very annoying. Nothing bad.... but grr. No, I don't have the big bad virus. I just exist with a constitution score of 8 <_<

Being sick other then in winter months of Nov to Jan always feels worse. If I get sick, I tend to get it in July for some reason. Hope you recover soon!

Well, WHL or actually the CHL has suspended it's games as well. At least it's just a suspension & not cancellation, unlike the NCAA.

• Like 6

36 hours now with no internet at the house. I have seen trucks around and they are digging a block away. 

Mayor declared official emergency status this afternoon.  Lots of schools and events shut down.  I'm hearing way too many police sirens right now. 

I spent some time getting my vegetable garden cleaned up.  Have a feeling I will get a lot of time to work on it this spring.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 9

2 minutes ago, Inarah said:

36 hours now with no internet at the house. I have seen trucks around and they are digging a block away. 

Mayor declared official emergency status this afternoon.  Lots of schools and events shut down.  I'm hearing way too many police sirens right now. 

I spent some time getting my vegetable garden cleaned up.  Have a feeling I will get a lot of time to work on it this spring.

Sad for the current situation, but happy for the gardening. At least that is one good thing about things getting shut down, more home time.

• Like 10

I just found out that Planet Comicon was just canceled. I get it, but it annoys me that they don't appear to be planning to offer refunds, only credits for later or other shows.

Hopefully I can still cancel my hotel. 

• Sad 10

8 minutes ago, Inarah said:

5 minutes ago, haldir said:

Sad for the current situation, but happy for the gardening. At least that is one good thing about things getting shut down, more home time.

The possible silver lining to the cloud is that between the loss of potato crops some months ago, and the current situation, the humble spud may increase astronomically in value. Might even get as high as 1 potato = 1 roll of TP! Which will make my Potato and Pumpkin Empire achievable!

In fact local warlords based off of homegrown vegetables may be the next big thing.....Behold the Dread Might of the Lords of Produce! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

They just extended March break for our kids by 2 weeks (it starts next week) and am expecting to be told to work from home in the very near future...  Hope for major network issues (expected with so many folks trying to log in) so I can work on minis instead.  Have loads of paint, billions of unpainted models and lots of resin and supplies for the 3d printer.  Oh, and toilet paper.  ;-) 

• Like 8