Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

1 minute ago, ShadowRaven said:

fish pickled in lye is not fit for consumption. Be it human or animal.

I was introduced to it by a fraternal brother who was a Danish Sea Captain who herded ocean going barges for Red Adair while on a Fraternal Visit [Odd Fellows and Rebekah's Fraternal Orders] to Germany and Denmark. 

I developed a taste for it.

My wife can't stand the stuff.

GEM

• Like 4

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hiding this coronavirus-related nerd-culture crossover meme because it includes the perfidious "a" word in the text, which, you know, I don't want to offend anyone, but it is otherwise totally safe for consumption and was simply too funny to me not to share. So please click or do not click as suits your sensibilities accordingly, and I guess mods please delete if not allowed.

2-F6-E0363-6-CCC-4398-9747-531-DA320-B49

• Haha 16

16 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I'm hiding this coronavirus-related nerd-culture crossover meme because it includes the perfidious "a" word in the text, which, you know, I don't want to offend anyone, but it is otherwise totally safe for consumption and was simply too funny to me not to share. So please click or do not click as suits your sensibilities accordingly, and I guess mods please delete if not allowed.

Reveal hidden contents

2-F6-E0363-6-CCC-4398-9747-531-DA320-B49

Which immediately provokes the question:

"Is it printed on suitably absorbent paper?"

GEM

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

My university just announced that all classes are going digital starting on Monday until end of term, and that summer programs are cancelled. Still can go on campus for researchy stuff but yeah - big shift. They're still figuring out how to handle lab and field courses.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

Just got a notification from Drive Through RPG that the Astral Table gaming connectivity service will be free to all with all features enabled through the end of April.

They wrote to encourage people to use this and similar services as a way to keep their game going during this period of "social distancing".

Nearest case of the virus to where we live is in Riverside County, which is a mountain range and a full hours+ drive away [at full flow freeway speeds].

GEM

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

My university just announced that all classes are going digital starting on Monday until end of term, and that summer programs are cancelled. Still can go on campus for researchy stuff but yeah - big shift. They're still figuring out how to handle lab and field courses.

The college I work at is in a similar situation, they extended spring break by one week to give the professors and staff time to get things ready so classes can resume online the week after.

I don't think we've made a decision on summer term, but our registration doesn't open of that for a little while.

• Like 6

Meanwhile, as the hordes are distracted in the TP section, I've been stocking up on pens and college ruled notebooks....

Either as prep for Journal of the Plague Year 2: Produce Lords Edition, or a stopgap measure when the TP runs out.

Speaking of writing, I'm now 16 pages into the 2nd draft, and following my outline, have revised the beginning. Which is working out a little better in regards to getting to know the characters, and the background of the cult. Also came across an article about the themes of Gothic Horror, saw how many of them were applicable to what I already had, and started channeling my inner Walpole. 

• Like 10

Time for bed... since I don't have sick days, and I don't have an assigned desk, if I get the flu or corvid19 I plan on sitting next to the managers desk and turning my head their direction when I cough.

Sister is flying back early from New Orleans. Wish she had skipped vacation all together. All well....

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

I've been meaning to test out D&D online stuff, our old group keeps moving farther apart and it's really hard to get people together.  I guess now is the time for that....

I was lucky enough to get sick with a 101 degree fever yesterday, so now I need to wait an indeterminate number of days at home.  I mean, I am obviously sick with something, just no idea what flavor of plague it is.  :rolleyes:  Not that there's a lot of places to go, schools are closed until late April, churches aren't holding services, the public library just closed, even my favorite Seattle park just closed.  We'll probably be able to find some outdoor space here in the wilds of unincorporated King County, and there are a couple of families we spend a lot of time with that I'm sure we'll see over the next month, once I've been better for a few days.  'Cause honestly, I think they gave me this plague in the first place--half of them are sick too.  

Seriously, though, it's a THING.  I've got this weird feeling that I'm in the middle of the leading edge of a once-a-century event.  At least, I'm really hoping this doesn't happen again for an extremely long time.  A month ago I was all, "SARS didn't impact the greater community that much, it'll be fine."  Now it feels really different.  :down: 

• Like 7
  • Sad 6

Received a bit of good news earlier. The meals on wheels folks my mother works for have announced that in the event of them having to shut down, she and the other employees will still be paid. The building they work in is also used for senior gatherings, those were shut down indefinately and the building fully deep cleaned yesterday, so at least some actions are being taken. The bus service has been stepping up efforts to keep the buses as sanitary as they can and the drivers are taking events seriously. 

41 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

I've got this weird feeling that I'm in the middle of the leading edge of a once-a-century event. 

You're not alone in that. That's why I'm investing in writing supplies, even though there's good odds that online and digital information may be preserved, in case that doesn't happen, my stack of notebooks might be useful to future historians, especially in a county where history is regularly sanitized. 

• Like 10

No plans survive contact with the Player Characters.

Jon's bloodrager (barbarian sorcerer hybrid) Ergi Ragnarsson and Julie's witch Svenlinda Malisdottr(sp?) witness Prince Nils Olafsson attempt to rape Freida Revnasdottr, daughter of Piotr Mikhailovitch the Twice-Married.

While Freida got the first blow in, Ergi got a higher Initiative then Nils, and murderated him.

Then came the Thing, as Jon was tried for the murder of the son of Olaf Sons-Cursed. Witnesses agreed that Nils had laid violent hands on Ergi's thane's daughter, thus making the first violent act.

Svenlinda then spoke of Nil's stated intent to futter Freida, in part to humble Piotr, who had grown popular among the king's thanes. Making clear that it had been no mere misunderstanding.

Then Piotr rose to speak, and Grump rolled a twenty on his Diplomacy check, for a total of 26. The DC was 15, so Grump got ten over the target.

So, when the members of the Thing voiced their opinion, and King Olaf called Lacksilver proclaimed both Piotr and Ergi as outlaws, there was a general outcry of the lack of justice, so the king was forced to instead announce a weregild equal to his son's weight in silver, and exile in place of outlawry until the weregild is paid.

And rolled a 4 on his Diplomacy, for a total of 10. The DC was 15, a serious failure.

His decision is not held in great respect, with discontent among his thanes.

Piotr's wife Revna is daughter of Jarl Olfric, one of the greater landholders in the Kingdom.

Her father, likewise, was not impressed by Olaf's oration.

The land and holdings are hers, not Piotr's, so she will remain behind to govern the holding, while her husband is in exile.

And as a potential hostage to hold over both Thane Piotr and Jarl Olfric Adlersson.

Of King Olaf's four sons two are known dead, with the eldest exiled for the murder of the second oldest.

Leaving as the only heir to the throne Willum the Witch-Born Prince, unpopular son of King Olaf's unpopular second wife. Many find his mismatched eyes disturbing, while rumor is rife that Njalla, his mother, is a witch or worse. (Oddly, Revna - who is a KNOWN witch - is not held in similar contempt, perhaps because she married a foreigner.)

Piotr, his daughters, and his retainers will be exiled to the same lands where Prince Olafsson was abandoned.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Y'know, I always did wonder what it would be like to have a supportive chair...  I like my new chair.  Is it as awesome as a SteelCase Leap with headrest? Nope, since pumpkin orange isn't a fabric colour choice, but I'm still rather happy about it, because boy do I like this chair. 

Then again, I'd suspect a freshly chopped log would be more comfortable than my old ikea chair was after many years. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Y'know, I always did wonder what it would be like to have a supportive chair...  I like my new chair.  Is it as awesome as a SteelCase Leap with headrest? Nope, since pumpkin orange isn't a fabric colour choice, but I'm still rather happy about it, because boy do I like this chair. 

Then again, I'd suspect a freshly chopped log would be more comfortable than my old ikea chair was after many years. 

I think that after a certain point in life, everyone embarks on an epic quest for good back support. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1