Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

4 hours ago, haldir said:

Your snow turned to rain this morning on this side of the state. Gotta love it. Load finally showed up & of course it was raining. Pull the last pallet off the truck & it had stopped.....grrrrrrr

1600 pieces here I come! (Oh joy! Gotta love mass hysteria....<_<)

It turned to rain by noon here too, and it never got down to freezing overnight either.  Why do my pronouncements of impending doom never come to pass?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Grumpy Cave Bear said:

It turned to rain by noon here too, and it never got down to freezing overnight either.  Why do my pronouncements of impending doom never come to pass?

I don't know, but if that's the case, predict more doom. ::P:

OTOH, washing your car to make it rain doesn't work, so....

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

bulleit is good stuff. I was drinking some last night

I'm a fan. It's become my go-to. My goings-to are pretty rare tho, which is good because it's more than I really like spending on booze lol.

• Like 4

The Netherlands are closing all schools, all sportclubs, nightclubs, bars etc.

No festivities, concerts etc.

People have been hoarding TP, in one supermarket this led to a fight which the Police had to break up.

Me? I'm not allowed to attend work tomorrow, we will hear when that will change.

Good for me, I have lots to do in our new house.

Today I build the fence.

Of course in our current home the boiler decided to die,two weeks before we move out.

So we'll have to call a technician tomorrow  hoping it will be minor.

We have hot water but no heat.

• Like 2
  • Sad 11

The trip to the Big CityTM went well yesterday, managed to get back home ahead of the snow. Went to two new (to us) restaurants, both were fabulous. Managed to pick up a display stand that was on Clearance at Michael's, and the coupon dropped it even lower. Picked up a couple Tartaros terminators, Vallejo Metal Color was actually brought into the hobby store as well as CA accelerant. Very happy to see the Asian market was completely full of people smart enough to avoid the nutso big box stores for some deals, and I managed to get $50 worth of noodles (not hoarding, this was planned months in advance because they're my favourite). Also discovered a brand new Indian market that popped up, got snacks for the crew. Best find was at Value Village where there was a complete boxed set of the original Traveller game, didn't want to spend money on the Starship Combat box though.

received_224033092300922.thumb.jpeg.7b83b1731da4c2c4d250876624c4055b.jpeg

Had lunch at Bento Bento:

20200314_125843.thumb.jpg.a8c813f856dd6ae27f6a7899b8f5dc62.jpg

And went for supper at Spices of Punjab, where my manager had told me that they had the most authentic foods there. This is my Butter Chicken:

received_2790940164334036.thumb.jpeg.88fc9c6eed1f294f25d22a03514ba92a.jpeg

Didn't seem luck much with the naan, but it was actually filling and amazingly delicious.

• Like 14

10 minutes ago, Grumpy Cave Bear said:

Okay:  Buy more toilet paper.  It will be the new currency and building material in the post-virus wasteland!

Well I already use it to make things. Watched a lot of DM Scotty a few years back. Kind of moved on to a paper insulation and plaster mix (homemade sculptamold) instead but at times tp mache is more useful. 

Vacation is still on for now. Weekend slowdown on the news means I haven't been getting hourly updates on the virus. We leave home at 4 am tomorrow because it's a bit over 2 hour drive to the ariport for an 8am flight. Not exactly worried about catching the disease but a bit nervous about what could go wrong with the return flights if it hit Jamaica or Canada hard during the time we're gone. I could live without the trip but the wife wants it real bad.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

The trip to the Big CityTM went well yesterday, managed to get back home ahead of the snow. Went to two new (to us) restaurants, both were fabulous. Managed to pick up a display stand that was on Clearance at Michael's, and the coupon dropped it even lower. Picked up a couple Tartaros terminators, Vallejo Metal Color was actually brought into the hobby store as well as CA accelerant. Very happy to see the Asian market was completely full of people smart enough to avoid the nutso big box stores for some deals, and I managed to get $50 worth of noodles (not hoarding, this was planned months in advance because they're my favourite). Also discovered a brand new Indian market that popped up, got snacks for the crew. Best find was at Value Village where there was a complete boxed set of the original Traveller game, didn't want to spend money on the Starship Combat box though.

received_224033092300922.thumb.jpeg.7b83b1731da4c2c4d250876624c4055b.jpeg

Had lunch at Bento Bento:

20200314_125843.thumb.jpg.a8c813f856dd6ae27f6a7899b8f5dc62.jpg

And went for supper at Spices of Punjab, where my manager had told me that they had the most authentic foods there. This is my Butter Chicken:

received_2790940164334036.thumb.jpeg.88fc9c6eed1f294f25d22a03514ba92a.jpeg

Didn't seem luck much with the naan, but it was actually filling and amazingly delicious.

You know, the way you have that traveller box, followed by the box of food, I thought the food was in the traveller box :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

OTOH, washing your car to make it rain doesn't work, so....

Combine it with weeding and scheduling outdoor lawn chores. My track record from last year using those methods seemed fairly consistent. Haven't had a car for well over a decade, so someone else is gonna have to test the vehicle variable.

50 minutes ago, Grumpy Cave Bear said:

Okay:  Buy more toilet paper.  It will be the new currency and building material in the post-virus wasteland!

Currency and moonshine ingredient I can see, not so much the building material. At any rate I'm gambling on vegetable inflation. Potatoes especially as they can be rendered into vodka, which can be rendered into cleaning products, as well as the predicted french fry shortage I can see them taking the place of toilet paper once the hoarder's supplies dwindle to the point where it is no longer being traded but kept for personal use. Also I can see toilet paper production being ramped up as an effort to "normalize" things and as a symbolic calming gesture, "See you got your rolls now, so shut up!"

Which is gonna crater their currency value, whereas the potato cannot so easily be made, thus ensuring a certain scarcity that will keep their value up. Not sure what the trading value of pumpkins is going to be in my area, but if I can hit last year's numbers of over 30, come pumpkin pie season I might be able to claim Lordship of several blocks of the neighborhood....

Edited by Lord of the Dish Pit
  • Like 5