Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

And Ireland just closed all their bars for the next 2 weeks. 

::o:

Which means the apocalypse is actually here.

GEM

Expect the return of the serpents any day now, that is if the whole of the Emerald Isles doesn't sink into the ocean.

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
Tentacles, so many Tentacles
  • Like 6

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More schools are closing around the country. Local bars are closing. And for the last week, every single newsletter email I'm on is sending COVID-19 updates.

Meanwhile, every recommendation I'm seeing, I was already doing out of habit since... always. I could self-quarantine for weeks at a moment's notice.

Granted, living alone makes it much simpler, if a tad boring.

Introversion has prepared me well.

P.S. Today I rebelled against the system and went out for a walk!

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 5
  • Haha 6

Looks like tomorrow I'll risk a Menards run. I've been ahead of the curve thus far on supplies, so while food is disappearing from the shelves, I should have a window to stock up on a few bags of topsoil and a few more seed packs. I was planning to get more in depth with the gardening anyway this year, and depending how far the situation extends having the supplies to grow more food in a serious amount might not be a bad thing. Hopefully there won't be anymore sudden snow attacks, so the ground loosens up this week.

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Ever seen A Tight Little Island?

The Auld Grump - I loathe the American title of Whiskey Galore....

And now they have announced that the classes themselves have been cancelled.

The Auld Grump

And with it our St Patrick's concert.

We've been practicing Rocky Road to Dublin for WEEKS! ::(:

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

It's very weird to see TV talkshows and sports events without crowds and live audiences.

A lot less cheering and clapping. Sure it makes it more private and intimate, but the emptiness is palpable.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

On 3/14/2020 at 6:26 PM, Cyradis said:

Pretty much if it has a bottom crust, it is a pie. Top crust is optional. Therefore quiche is an egg pie. Pizza is a flat pie. 

If we’re being technical, I think lack of top crust makes it a tart. :ph34r:

• Like 7

So I just came across this for something different to watch while we’re all in. Starting tomorrow the metropolitan opera is going to be offering free rebroadcasts of selections from their live in hd series on their website.Each is going to start at 7:30pm eastern standard time and be available for the next 20 hours. Don’t know if it’ll be available outside the US or not but thought it worth sharing.

https://www.metopera.org/about/press-releases/met-to-launch-nightly-met-opera-streams-a-free-series-of-encore-live-in-hd-presentations-streamed-on-the-company-website-during-the-coronavirus-closure/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Wyvernfire said:

So I just came across this for something different to watch while we’re all in. Starting tomorrow the metropolitan opera is going to be offering free rebroadcasts of selections from their live in hd series on their website.Each is going to start at 7:30pm eastern standard time and be available for the next 20 hours. Don’t know if it’ll be available outside the US or not but thought it worth sharing.

https://www.metopera.org/about/press-releases/met-to-launch-nightly-met-opera-streams-a-free-series-of-encore-live-in-hd-presentations-streamed-on-the-company-website-during-the-coronavirus-closure/

I've seen mentioned several times on FB. This makes me happy as I don't have access to a theatre that normally shows them. :wub: A bit sadder that I'll be on the road for several days without access to decent wifi.

Though I didn't think about localization. Rest of the world may or may not have access to it. :wacko:

A lot of entertainment companies are offering some freebies/free trials for the next several weeks (tragedy <> opportunity). :winkthumbs:

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

[...]  On the other hand, going to the local Asian market was an excellent idea. Racism meant the market still had stock on their shelves. Picked up spices, onions, vegetables, matches, and udon.

Our experience is just the opposite.  My wife is working as a cashier at an Asian market, and the shelves are definitely thinning.  The last three days have been a non-stop treadmill of $200 or more cartloads, and in her words, every single customer is buying huge sacks of rice.  Which makes great amounts of sense to me, as it is a staple food, stores dry and is relatively easy to prepare.

• Like 9

Corned Beef and Cabbage was delicious! :winkthumbs:

So good, I think I'm going to take somebodies advice earlier and see if I can pick up a couple more at Costco tomorrow.

That is, provided there is no insanity like I witnessed yesterday morning when people were queuing up in a snake line through the parking lot.

House still smells so good, and we both already ate out fill.

GEM

• Like 7