Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

Useful info for anybody:

https://www.consumerreports.org/cleaning/common-household-products-that-can-destroy-novel-coronavirus/

@OneBoot & @Gadgetman!  Isopropyl ^ Alcohol is your friend. 

4 hours ago, haldir said:

Again, I hate people & their hoarding, mass hysteria ways

......and they get to vote. Think, they don’t; Vote they do can. 

Edited by TGP
But many do not.....(Yay?)
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

I heard the Tennesse &^*%$#@^ got himself raided so that was what I was thinking about during the scene at the federal reserve in the film.

I could be wrong, but weren't there some kind of contingency plans made during the Cold War concerning trucking and keeping supply lines open? I can't blame drivers for sitting it out, between what you described and infection risk, I'd nope on out of it as well. Then there's the complications of distribution centers running out of product due to lack of imports, we lack the ability to manufacture on our own, so the drivers might not have to worry for long....our logistics system is built on a frail foundation and the possibly of cascading failures is sobering to say the least.  As many here have mentioned the impact on service workers,those who don't have jobs that allow sick days, drivers in the "gig economy", is going to be devastating. Our modern society is far more fragile than it appears. 

He sounds like someone that really should be a  Florida Man, not Tennessee Guy.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, TGP said:

you think any stores nearby still have any?

And if they have, it's a 70% mix sold as a cleaner. I consider that percentage as a 'best case', particularly if the bottle has been sitting on the shelf for a while. Plastic is NOT the right material for volatiles like that. 

Apothecaries just get that blank stare when I ask them about proper IPA. 

(They used to stock all kinds of fun chemicals... ) 

I know of a couple of compaanies that sells it online, but the shipping cost is... not good...  

And they're probably sold out by now. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

plg.jpg

So far it was just the one sneeze. No fever.  I haven’t been anywhere. 

8 hours ago, OneBoot said:

MrBoot briefly went to a friend's house today to help him with something really quick. Turns out the friend had, in his words, "just a mild cold." He was coughing. 

We are...not best pleased.

MrBoot will be calling his work's on-site medical clinic in the morning to request guidance, and we plan to self-quarantine completely for the next solid week, at least, out of an abundance of caution. 

Sigh. 

--OneBoot

Out of an abundance of “concern” for this [former?] friend/fool you or MrBoot have every right to call every hour on the hour to ask what his temperature is. 

(Cough + Fever is what to watch for.... ...at least that is what I think the rational thought process is.

You guys can wish him every sort of unrelated symptom that would rule out Covid-19: rashes, stuffed up sinuses, ear infections...)

6 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:
21 minutes ago, TGP said:

you think any stores nearby still have any?

And if they have, it's a 70% mix sold as a cleaner

Maybe?

I don’t know. I have not checked. The article says the 70% grade is plenty good enough to destroy this virus. But, Norway...

#norwayisdifferent

Stores near me typically stocked 91% and 70% grades. In the same aisles as first-aid products.  I think most of the people (around me) depleting the stores have not read that article or anything like it and will not know it could be useful. Stuff getting depleted is more useful against and intended to combat bacteria. 

#peoplearedumb  

#sciencewhatisscience

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Pingo said:

It’s good of you to do this, for the kids’ sake. I hope you all stay well and weather this.

I KNEW he would do something like that, before he knew he would do something like that. ::P:

He may say it's for the kids, but he just hates not finishing things.

Except minis, we have MORE than enough half painted minis. <_<

But I was surprised how fast he got responses. I guess the kids really like his cops game. He now has ALL of his early group, and most of the later group. The ones he had emails for contacted the ones he didn't.

The second group is being slower, but they have til Thursday.

I am making sure that Grump's sponsoring group knows he is doing this, I think it will help if they are deciding whether or not to continue the program.

He chopped out a four hour block tonight, from 5 to 9.

• Thanks 9

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Out of an abundance of “concern” for this [former?] friend/fool you or MrBoot have every right to call every hour on the hour to ask what his temperature is. 

(Cough + Fever is what to watch for.... ...at least that is what I think the rational thought process is.

You guys can wish him every sort of unrelated symptom that would rule out Covid-19: rashes, stuffed up sinuses, ear infections...)

Maybe?

I might, except I genuinely believe he doesn't realize exactly how serious things are. He doesn't do any sort of social media, is a bit older, and is legitimately one of the friendliest, most caring and personable guys I've ever met. MrBoot will be calling him today to strongly recommend that he get that cough checked out, and I just know he'll be horrified when he realizes what he might have done, not just in exposing my husband but anyone he's been in contact with. He just...didn't know/think. :unsure: 

Apparently he told MrBoot that it was fine because he was taking an antibiotic, and I'm going to spare the details of my reaction when MrBoot told me that. I ranted for a good long while, for sure. 

I truly do hope all he has is just a cold, for many reasons. Or even the regular flu; both of us have had our flu shots this year. If it's more than that, well...all we can do is follow the advice of "stay the heck away from everyone" and STRONGLY ENCOURAGE everyone else we know to do the same. *shrug*

Oh, forgot to mention that while we don't have isopropyl alcohol, we have both bleach and hydrogen peroxide (no mixing will be involved, no worries). So disinfecting stuff isn't a problem. I'm a mild/moderate germaphobe as it is, so we already had plenty of cleaning supplies in stock before things went crazy lol. 

@PaganMegan I'm not surprised the kiddos are all eager to do gaming in any form. It's a speck of normalcy in their world that's gone completely bonkers, and kudos to @TheAuldGrump for making it happen. ^_^

--OneBoot :) 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

@OneBoot

Let me hit you with some sangfroid griffin-logic then...

11 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Apparently he told MrBoot that it was fine because he was taking an antibiotic, and I'm going to spare the details of my reaction when MrBoot told me that. I ranted for a good long while, for sure. 

...if he is taking an antibiotic, some medical professional has ruled out virus in his case; if they prescribed it, they think a bacterium is responsible for whatever is plaguing him. 

=>> So you guys are fine! <<=

But, call and ask the poor ignorant dumbelf what his Docs think was wrong with him just for your own peace of mind. 

• Like 7