Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

22 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Grump is on my computer, trying to get Astral up and running with his players.

It really is a crisis then, isn't it?

They are ALL Left Socks.

Your socks have gender?  I guess my socks are more free-spirited:  they don't know if they are a right or left sock until I put them on my feet!

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Sad 1

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, TGP said:

But there are now THREE socks. 

:blink:

Is one striped? I'm missing one.

Day 6 with no internet or TV. Service guy tried over the phone this morning but hardware wasn't cooperative. tThank God the radio still works.

Went to the dentist, had to sign a paper saying I wasn't sick or just back from China, and then lather up with sanitizer. I was the only patient. Which was crazy because they are normally so busy I had to wait 3 weeks just to get this appt.

Grocery store was a little busy but not crazy. I got fresh vegs and other things I wanted to stock up on. Some shelves looking scant, but the only things completely out were garlic, TP and eggs.

Trader Joe's looked like a communist era shop on a bad day. LOTS of empty shelves, canned goods cleaned out. No paper products. Low on meat and frozen foods.  I got what I needed, though selection was poor.

DH  was told to work from home indefinitely starting tomorrow.  It's looking like the office may close if public curfews are enacted.

• Like 5
  • Sad 5

Welp. Pup's suffering is over. I wound up having to hold him while the vet did it. In the rain. I'm crushed. But it was quick and easy. For the best.

If you'll excuse me now I'll be over here trying to stop crying.

RIP Blackie. You were the bestest boi.

• Sad 31

53 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

The Walmart here has instituted a one per person rule for paper products. About time <_< 

Hopefully there will still be TP and tissues available on Wednesday, when I get paid.

We (Albertsons)  is at a 2 limit, if you can find it. We'll get pallets in & the mob takes it within the hour of the store opening.

I just hope Tuesdays load is better. (Prob not but I can dream)

Arm feels allot better today. I just overworked it on Sunday morning. Right now it feels like a after workout feeling. Thou, it does hurt to lift things that are heavy. I'll manage & carry on.

I did end up cancelling my game tonight, but went up to the store after a haircut & they were closed anyways.

• Like 4
  • Sad 6

3 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Well, people are starting to plan further out for cancellations.  Our Cirque du Soleil tickets for may were canceled. We bought those for my MIL for Christmas because that's one of her favorite things ever.  :(

I can sympathize. I just found out what my surprise Birthday present from my housemate was. 

Tickets for this, which just got cancelled ::(: I've wanted to see if for years, but I could never justify the cost to myself.

The_Lion_King_Edinburgh.thumb.jpg.061c30d25e442a4ece2edb5103833cdf.jpg

Even worse, the theatre is only offering to exchange the tickets, not refund them. The productions run ends in 4 weeks, was totally sold out and there's no guarantee that it'll be back anytime soon. 

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Sad 16

2 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

I can sympathize. I just found out what my surprise Birthday present from my housemate was. 

Tickets for this, which just got cancelled ::(: I've wanted to see if for years, but I could never justify the cost to myself.

The_Lion_King_Edinburgh.thumb.jpg.061c30d25e442a4ece2edb5103833cdf.jpg

Even worse, the theatre is only offering to exchange the tickets, not refund them. The productions run ends in 4 weeks and there's no guarantee that it'll be back anytime soon. 

Tell them that if the tickets can't be exchanged for another performance of  The Lion King then your lawyer is going to be having a serious discussion with them concerning Bait and Switch.  In front of a Judge.

GEM

Another Second Level Consequence.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Tell them that if the tickets can't be exchanged for another performance of  The Lion King then your lawyer is going to be having a serious discussion with them concerning Bait and Switch.  In front of a Judge.

GEM

Another Second Level Consequence.

My housemate actually paid for ticket insurance, apparently it doesn't cover pandemics which is nice and convenient <_< and for a lovely souvenir pack which we can't pick up because the theatre is closed until further notice.

I'll make this as vague as possible to avoid beekeepers. The theatres decision was just made today in response to an important person making a speech "advising" people to avoid places like theaters and pubs. Advising does not allow places of business to claim insurance on lost earnings, so everyone loses in a case like this. My opinion on the important person is [redacted]

On a totally unrelated note, who do I email now to apply for Beekeepers? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 7