Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Running low on Excedrin so I went to Costco for that, a case of tomato sauce,  and a couple of Corned Beefs.

Out of Excedrin but had plenty of Corned Beef.  No tomato sauce.

Also wanted a package of Hot Dogs, we try to keep a few packages of Hebrew Nation on hand for random snacks.

No Hot dogs.

And I mean not one single solitary package of any kind of hot dogs to be had.

They had plenty of bottled water, evidently they got a whole truck load in during the day.  All the Chicken Little's were taking the limit 2 allotment.

I was asked if I found everything I wanted at the register and I said No.  "You are out of Excedrin and Tomato Sauce".

So I went to Wal Mart, same story but they had the store brand generic which works almost as well for me.

And I feel sort of guilty because they had a guy with a case of hand sanitizer handing out one to a customer and I scored one.

GEM

• Like 12

27 minutes ago, TGP said:

Very clever of her. Can Mom work them?

Yes, they’re quite easy, but you have to have a key to unlock them. It’s a clever little design, actually. I just keep forgetting and trying to open the cabinets without the key :lol:

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Well, people are starting to plan further out for cancellations.  Our Cirque du Soleil tickets for may were canceled. We bought those for my MIL for Christmas because that's one of her favorite things ever.  :(

We had our Highland Gathering tickets for April cancelled today. Was looking forward to that...

• Sad 9

While I appreciate the grey skies, there has been just enough rain to prevent yardwork from getting started on. Not much different than last year, except that it's warmer now, so hopefully I can get the new plot dug up by the end of next week instead of the race against time that last year's effort was.

On the writing front, the 2nd draft has crept up to page 23 now. I've been finding it more difficult to get back into writing mode, now that the weather's warming up and my almost hourly scanning for news/updates isn't really helping either. But what I do have is an improvement over the first draft, as far as mixing background in and getting to know the characters. A lot of dialogue, and I'm getting better at having each one sound different, although considering these are  teenagers in the Pulp Fiction era, they all curse like sailors. As far as synopsis goes, the main character has been contacted out of the blue by a guy he knew from last year's shop class, gets persuaded into coming and checking things out, gets picked up and driven to the house where the ouiji board incident happened, meets the others who were there and after a bit of getting to know you type of thing is being trained by the Wiccan in the group on basic energy work. He doesn't outright believe or disbelieve yet, but understands these folks are scared of something and he finds all this interesting anyway. 

So hopefully i can force my mind back on track long enough to get a good way into the first confrontation with the entity by morning. 

• Like 10

43 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Megan can speak entire volumes with mere glances -

Me: How does Wonder Woman do her gift shopping?

Megan: :huh:

Me: Amazon! ::D:

Megan: <_<

The Auld Grump - thank you, thank you, I'm here all week! ::P:

Just looking at her expression is cracking me up! :lol:

<_<

31 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

And... an example of the universe being a polyp....

In my SPAM folder I just discovered a notice from the programs sponsoring the after school game.

I have already been approved for next year.

The Auld Grump - why this went into my SPAM folder?...

On the other hand, you HAVE been approved.

So that is one less thing to worry about.

Just need to survive this year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

6 hours ago, redambrosia said:

The Walmart here has instituted a one per person rule for paper products. About time <_< 

Hopefully there will still be TP and tissues available on Wednesday, when I get paid.

I'm told your best bet is late evening, when they do their night stocking.

• Like 7

Got a game of D&D tomorrow in the morning, so got to wake up early and leave the house not looking like a ragamuffin. Have to prepare some minis and maps before that though this evening as well as finish some work I've got pending. Fun times! 

On another note, to all friends here I hope the virus situation works out and that all of you are well! ::):

• Like 8

A couple of stores here in Norway have changed their opening hours slightly...

Instead of being open from 7am to 10pm or whatever, they're open from 9am for regular customers, and the 7am to 9am slot is 'reserved' for customers in the 'at risk' groups such, because in the morning the stores are as clean as they can be.   

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Two more cases rumored at work, as in they came into work while sick.

C'mon Jersey, close the bridges and enact that curfew for real. As soon as you do that I might have time off because the loss of all the employees who commute from Jersey will render the entire building devoid...

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

3 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Most stores here have instituted shorter hours for the duration of the shortages.

Best time for a shot at stocks of shortage items being right after AM opening.

GEM

Then you become one of the lemmings with their same items in their carts (yes I despise those people right now), but yes generally if our loads show up on time or we have a chance, items will be on the shelf mostly that first half hour after a load.

Who knows how tonight's load will go. All I know is it wont be a grand time to be a work. I came into tonight knowing I'd have a list to do but what can you do these days. It hasn't been too bad, rather work now then when the humanoids are in here. They want me work a full shift, but I'm not straining myself this early in the week, I'll give en 6 hrs.

I just noticed we changed our hours 7 to 10 now (1 hr less). Who knows if we'll institute a senior hour or not (needed on this town, lot of them in this town.).

1 hour ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

1584430801803.thumb.jpg.ace828b330700d2a947420131b1a695a.jpg

I'm starting to like the  1 person in the city scene thou  ($^#^!! Humanoids) 

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

Well, looks like I am home for a while.  Today the company suspended all travel through April 15 which trashes the schedule on two of my projects and I can pretty much guarantee that at the end of the year no one will remember that travel was suspended, only that the project delivery was late.  Maybe I'm borrowing trouble but I doubt it.  

Grumbling spoilered for those who should be reducing exposure and taking extra care, just like they would do every year during flu season.

To be fair my aggravation should probably be directed at the elfs who make these reactions necessary and either act like the world is ending or nothing is wrong.  If people would act responsibility most of this would not be necessary.  

Maybe it's because i have been living with mortality for the last 6 years but I just do not feel the threat everyone else seems to.  I can understand reducing contact if you are or live with a threatened demographic but everything statistic says that I will get this eventually and I will be unhappy for a week or so.  Not something I haven't experienced the same or worse before.  And everyone is eventually going to get it, given the nature of the virus, probably multiple times.

This is not the same as wanting to be exposed or ignoring basic hygiene and I also understand that most of th cause of this is elf hats who won't practice basic hygiene or isolate themselves she. They are potential vectors but I really find the response overkill (no pun intended).  

It just looks to me like the response we are taking to the disease will wins up causing more hardship than the exposure itself to the majority and again it will hit the poor and disabled the hardest.

Thanks for lettomg me vent.  I am complying I am just worried that we are causing more disruption than we are preventing.  A lot of the younger generation is unsocialized as it is and this will only cement that problem (Insert 'get off my lawn' joke here)   that and I fear we are only borrowing trouble for later as we get a reprieve in the summer and the world gets hit really hard when flu season hits again. In the winter and everyone has been exposed to dormant pools of infection because I know we aren't going to learn and beef up our medical infrastructure while we have the chance

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 10