Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

Made risotto tonight, that with some left over pot roast made a very nice dinner. Just kicked back and relaxing tonight. Went out at lunch for Burger King and a couple stores, found kleenex, paper towels, gloves and ammo. Dodged some blue haired terrors. Thankful we both tend to stock up on stuff during regular times, so no panic here. Gonna go out early tomorrow and try for a few non-essentials. Highlight of the night is learning to use my new trackball mouse, think I'm gonna like this thing.

• Like 9

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It snowed today, for awhile. Not entirely unheard of in March in CT, but the past week or so has been rather nice for this time of year.

By the time I left work it had turned to a cold, miserable rain.

And so, of course, on my first day back to work after taking most of last week off for a respiratory infection, I spent the first part of the morning doing physical labor (stacking skids) out on the loading dock.  :rolleyes:

And then after I got out of work, I got some groceries and stopped at CVS, where I managed to lock my keys and phone in the car.... :zombie:

In the cold, miserable rain.

I then proceeded to walk a mile and a half (in the cold, miserable rain) to my old man's girlfriend's place, since he has a AAA membership (and a phone) and I let mine expire because I was broke and never got around to renewing it.

By the time I got home it was time to go to bed, but I had to stay up and dry out some clothes, eat something, email someone, and take a hot shower. It's now an hour and a half past my bedtime.

Yeah, today kinda sucked. Can I die now? :zombie:

(And yes, you all can have my stuff. Just as long as you survive the death traps on anything of importance, lol.)

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Sad 13

17 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Made risotto tonight, that with some left over pot roast made a very nice dinner. Just kicked back and relaxing tonight. Went out at lunch for Burger King and a couple stores, found kleenex, paper towels, gloves and ammo. Dodged some blue haired terrors. Thankful we both tend to stock up on stuff during regular times, so no panic here. Gonna go out early tomorrow and try for a few non-essentials. Highlight of the night is learning to use my new trackball mouse, think I'm gonna like this thing.

If you get used to using a trackball a regular mouse feels awkward.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
  • Like 6

Things went exactly as planned with my problem player - he went off on his own, got the bejeezus beaten out of him, and his weapon was completely ineffective...

And then he spotted the horseshoe, and returned the favor.

He even picked up on it when the boogieman said 'we'll be back, mortal'. (The boogieman has some redcap back up... there is more than one threat.)

His reaction, at the end of the session was 'That was awesome!' ::D:

Meanwhile, the rest of the group was tracking down who in the public works had been getting the murdered goblins reanimated - and taking bribes to do so. (Nasty piece of work, that. 'Of course I took the money, who cares what happened to a bunch of dirty greenskins?' Racist to the bone.)

And the bard/reporter went to talk to the Chief Medical Examiner in the hospital, and has started the process of talking him off of the dark road he was starting down.

All in all, a pretty good session - even with the party split three ways.

By the way, does anyone have experience with MapTools?

Something simpler than Astral might be a better choice.

On 3/22/2020 at 2:45 PM, redambrosia said:

Sadly, no. Most babies need to learn to sleep through the night (and to fall asleep on their own). Of course, most babies get sleep training at 4 to 6 months. Sephy is 10 months and has all sorts of bad sleep behaviours (which is all my fault). But she hasn’t been sleeping as much as she needs to (neither have I). So it’s time to get her in her own bed, in her own room, and let mommy sleep through the night.

The timing was appropriate -

20200323.png

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 13

Husband bought me the new Animal Crossing game for our upcoming wedding anniversary. It's not like we're going anywhere. Our internet is slow as broccoli. It's been downloading for about an hour and has just under 3 hours left to go. I expect to wake up to it like it's Christmas morning.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

If you get used to using a trackball a regular mouse feels awkward.

GEM

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

Highlight of the night is learning to use my new trackball mouse, think I'm gonna like this thing.

I switched to a trackball a few years back, I won't use a mouse anymore given any choice. Currently using a Kensington orbit on my work computer and wireless Kensington expert mouse on my personal. Scroll rings for the win.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Oakleaf98 said:

I heard on facebook that someone blasted the purge siren in my state. I wonder what would happen if someone blasted the siren from the silent hill movie.

Probably get mistaken for a tornado siren around here, and we take those very seriously. 

Yikes, it got late fast. When did the sun do down? 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Oakleaf98 said:

I heard on facebook that someone blasted the purge siren in my state. I wonder what would happen if someone blasted the siren from the silent hill movie.

One of these days I'm going to have to follow through with my plan to have the original Godzilla roar get hooked into the local sirens and blast it at 3am.

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

10 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Perhaps I should have been a little clearer: Going out with family members whom you normally live with is not verboten. So going out with your spouse, children etc is OK. Whatever you do on your own property is unaffected. Inviting over your Auntie Ethel who lives down the road is out.

I'm sure a lot of congenitally argumentative people will have a field day trying to pick holes in this. The PM made it as clear as he could that this is a temporary measure to try and prevent our over-burdened health system breaking down when everyone reports sick at once. It is attempt to get a breathing space in which to try and get supplies and paliative measures in place. The language was deliberately Churchillian.  

Don't most villain's speeches about denial of human rights start off 'for the good of the people...'?

Not really a field day but I will say a number of states have requested similar measures, they just took out the quasi-military enforcement.  As for family groups, how are the police supposed to know a family group short of shaking down everyone for ID?

I'm willing to put up with many requests but I start getting queasy when police Re being given permission to break up formative cell size gatherings in public.  Maybe it's just me but given there is no end of this (until the government is ready? Really?) It makes me very uncomfortable.

Especially since the only way to get more of everything is to gather in groups to make the stuff to have the increased supplies.  

Good luck and try to stay healthy.  I am hoping the requests around me to restrict group gatherings remains just that: requests!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Don't most villain's speeches about denial of human rights start off 'for the good of the people...'?

Not really a field day but I will say a number of states have requested similar measures, they just took out the quasi-military enforcement.  As for family groups, how are the police supposed to know a family group short of shaking down everyone for ID?

I'm willing to put up with many requests but I start getting queasy when police Re being given permission to break up formative cell size gatherings in public.  Maybe it's just me but given there is no end of this (until the government is ready? Really?) It makes me very uncomfortable.

Especially since the only way to get more of everything is to gather in groups to make the stuff to have the increased supplies.  

Good luck and try to stay healthy.  I am hoping the requests around me to restrict group gatherings remains just that: requests!

It's a double sided blade of a problem. On one hand, just about every government has a very bad track record when it comes to giving up "emergency powers" and it doesn't much matter who happens to be in charge of said government, power is addictive regardless. 19 years ago a piece of legislation was past on the grounds of "making us safer". Since then we have lived in a world where most every move we make, digitally or physically is tracked and traced, every day we pass thru dozens of little checkpoint charlies, and yet here we are now, at the mercy of Corona Chan because nothing in that legislation wound up serving it's intended purpose. As a society we already traded away most of our freedom for the illusion of security, a few years later we traded the remaining shreds to the tech companies in exchange for smart phones, social media and shopping convenience, so worrying about martial law now is kind of like trying to close the barn door after the barn itself burned down. 

On the other hand you have a population who until last week was firm in their belief that nothing like this could ever happen, with a prevailing philosophy of "I do what I want" (regardless of consequences to others) and " Bleep you, I got mine".  The spring breakers in Florida are a prime example of this. A common refrain I have been hearing from younger people I know is "The virus only kills old people, why should I have to put my life on hold?" There may have been a time when civic mindedness was enough, or at least a somewhat functional self preservation instinct was more widespread, but that time has passed it seems. The painful irony of it is that even when you're basically telling people to more or less veg out at home and play video games or whatever, a large number are going to resist even that because they are firmly convinced that they shouldn't have to change one thing about their lives and habits, regardless of whether or not there is a &*^%$ pandemic! If nothing else, hearing from those who espouse such makes it easier for me to stay inside, as I would prefer to as much as possible avoid idiots who might get me killed. 

On a more positive note of sorts, the snow has now completely disappeared. Which means I won't have to deal with angry chirping from the Fat Little Birds first thing in the morning because their food is buried.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

It is snowing.  It is pretty, in that "I'm looking at it through a window and don't have to go out in it" kind of way.

Supposed to change to rain later....

We tried out some online gaming stuff last night for game night.  Got discord mostly working, except one person was having trouble connecting.

We had some luck with Astral, although getting characters set up seems more complicated than it needs to be. Still, looks like that is what we will be trying for next week.

We also tried roll20 at the end of the night, but without anyone using it before it got confusing quickly. Would probably make more sense if we watched a few videos first...

• Like 9