Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

I'm at the top of a hill, so even though we have had a month of continual rain the last couple of days of nice sunshine means that everything is drying out well and everything is in bud.

The downside is that I am very near the coast and the (frequent) storm bring a lot of salt onto the land, so I have to plant salt resistant varieties. most brasicas do well, so lots of cabbage, broccoli and the like is going in. Herbs in the sheltered spots. Then doing tomatoes, cucumber and so on in our conservatory. Wish I could get onions to grow decently. 

I'm about as far from any coastline in North America as it is possible to be.   I haven't had much luck with the brassicas in the past because of rabbits and cabbage loopers.  But with a feral cat colony under the deck, there aren't so many rabbits around any more.  I'd like to get some bok choy or chinese cabbage going but have seed for neither and don't care to drive around looking for it.   I do ok with onions, not great, we have clay soil and anything with a big root (carrots, beets,turnips) tends to not grow well.   Onions seem to like a generous amount of room between each other, though.   Garlic has gone native, growing all over my plot, which is good, as I was too sick to get any in last fall. 

As for radio announcers, I heard a song once: 

"We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blond
Who comes on at five
She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye
It's interesting when people die
Give us dirty laundry"

• Like 15

11 hours ago, Inarah said:

Probably get mistaken for a tornado siren around here, and we take those very seriously. 

Yikes, it got late fast. When did the sun do down? 

Where i am that siren is used as a tsunami warning siren.

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

It's official.  I don't have to go to work until April 6th, at minimum. For the time being I'm still getting paid, as I'm being considered "on call." At some point I may have to go to work for maybe two hours during this to clean garbage out of the parking lots, but I doubt it since no one should really be in any of the lots.

I'm going to go by mom's house in a little bit to try and help her with her teleworking setup, and while I'm at it I'm going to make one last stop at the store to pick up a few things that I forgot. And while I'm out I'm going to ask my grandparents if there's anything they still need.

• Like 17

Well, I’m back, as Samwise said. We cleaned out our kid’s dorm room yesterday in about twenty minutes and skittered back to the hotel. Breakfast was a row of brown bags in what’s normally the buffet area - fruit, water bottles, yogurt, breads, coffee, and instant oatmeal to grab and take back to our room and not another soul to be seen, after which, while still dark, we hit the road and lit out for home.

Ten days ago the rest stop had multiple people, including a mom and some little girls practicing the hand washing song. This time it was just us and a woman disinfecting every surface.

At least we’ve learned to press the handicapped entrance button with our elbows so we don’t have to handle anything.

There was way more traffic than I’m happy with on the road (although for the first time ever there weren’t any traffic slowdowns). What are all these people doing? We wanted nothing more than to be home and we don’t plan to leave until necessary for food or medical emergencies and if we hadn’t had to pick up our child and then their belongings in a separate trip we would have already been doing quarantine the last two weeks. Why are people out and about?

Hoping you’re all in good health. Hoping we all are.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Had breakfast next door with my folks and stayed over there through the midday here--but I apparently forgot to feed the girls before I left! They were so excited to see me, I couldn't figure out why, and there for just a moment I thought it was just love, that I was really, truly loved.

But they were just hungry.

Tryna force myself up and on out to the park. I'm letting the hysteria wrap me up. Need to spend some time in a book and relax. So. Here I go!

Okay, wait.

Now!

Almost.

Go!

Eh.

Maybe now.

• Like 8

If you have a pull at your local comic book store, call them up if they're open. Tell them that it's ok to charge your credit card for whatever is in your pullbox, and you'll pick it up when things clear up in your area. A lot of small businesses are struggling right now.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

@Inarah what about mail order seed companies? 

Just placed an order for 2 packs of tomato seed (some yellow ones, and a blend of random heirlooms), my favorite cucumber, and bok choi.  If everything goes terribly wrong and I can't buy tomatoes I can usually get some growing.  

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

There was way more traffic than I’m happy with on the road (although for the first time ever there weren’t any traffic slowdowns). What are all these people doing?

Probably the same as you, trying to get to their loved ones, trying to get home, trying to get stuff taken care of, and wondering what you're doing on the road.  Glad your trip went quickly and safely. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

If you have to ask, you probably won't understand the explanation.

GEM

This just in:

Goblin Gulp coffeeUnavailable

GEM

Too bad I don't drink coffee. Oh well, more for those that do.

Worked a full shift last night making the store pretty so the humanoids can just thrash it today.....sigh. I was only gonna work 6 but figured 4 extra hours + the increased pay this week, yah no brainer to stay the full 8 (thou it did take forever last night as the store was thrashed....damn humanoids.).

Today was one of our seniors/vulnerable groups early morning, days. I did see 1 young person shopping but overall it felt like a huge senior center's bus just dropped off people. (So glad I work graveyard). While trying to face up the ice cream, I did hear a couple of them say "They don't care about us." in response to out of stocks on the shelves. I just held my breath & kept facing, thou I really wanted to say "Well, if you morons wouldn't have "fearmongered" the stuff earlier, there might be products now.", but again I held my tongue & just worked.

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

Well, I’m back, as Samwise said. We cleaned out our kid’s dorm room yesterday in about twenty minutes and skittered back to the hotel. Breakfast was a row of brown bags in what’s normally the buffet area - fruit, water bottles, yogurt, breads, coffee, and instant oatmeal to grab and take back to our room and not another soul to be seen, after which, while still dark, we hit the road and lit out for home.

Ten days ago the rest stop had multiple people, including a mom and some little girls practicing the hand washing song. This time it was just us and a woman disinfecting every surface.

At least we’ve learned to press the handicapped entrance button with our elbows so we don’t have to handle anything.

There was way more traffic than I’m happy with on the road (although for the first time ever there weren’t any traffic slowdowns). What are all these people doing? We wanted nothing more than to be home and we don’t plan to leave until necessary for food or medical emergencies and if we hadn’t had to pick up our child and then their belongings in a separate trip we would have already been doing quarantine the last two weeks. Why are people out and about?

Hoping you’re all in good health. Hoping we all are.

As a person who can't do my job from home (impossible to throw grocery items to shelves this way), some may have been going to work to do similiar jobs. We (the state) is in shelter lockdown, but while walking home from work this morning, you couldn't tell. Felt like a Sunday morning here.

I can't wait, as I walk to & from work every work day, till I get pull over by one of our boys in blue asking why I'm out & about...

• Like 11