Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

JUST IN!

Nuclear Krill will release a Cover Album!!!

Like any self respecting band Nuclear Krill has decided to release a cover album with songs from artists they like.

Some of those bands inspired the typical Nuclear Krill sound.

It will be some kind of a themed album as a tribute to all those who are suffering from this terrible virus.

The choices of the songs are both controversial and daring, but we all know how Nuclear Krill likes dark humor.

From what we've heard so far these tracks are certain to appear on the album, the original artists are named, but these songs will all be performed by Nuclear Krill themselves.

• Iron Maiden - The Virus
  • Anthrax - Spreading the Disease
  • Motörhead - I Know How To Die
  • Killing Joke - I'm the Virus
  • Opeth - To Rid the Disease
  • Entombed - Blessed are the Sick
  • Accept - Pandemic
  • Ozzy Osbourne - Today is the End
  • Arch Enemy- My Apocalypse

Should any of you find out what the other tracks on this album will be, please share.

Rumour has the album will be a double album, the name is yet uncertain if anyone hears about it, let us know.

3 hours ago, strawhat said:

Disturbed - The Sickness

In This Moment - Sick Like Me

Judas Priest - Fever

Slipknot - My Plague

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:
7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

JUST IN!

Nuclear Krill will release a Cover Album!!!

Like any self respecting band Nuclear Krill has decided to release a cover album with songs from artists they like.

Some of those bands inspired the typical Nuclear Krill sound.

It will be some kind of a themed album as a tribute to all those who are suffering from this terrible virus.

The choices of the songs are both controversial and daring, but we all know how Nuclear Krill likes dark humor.

From what we've heard so far these tracks are certain to appear on the album, the original artists are named, but these songs will all be performed by Nuclear Krill themselves.

• Iron Maiden - The Virus
  • Anthrax - Spreading the Disease
  • Motörhead - I Know How To Die
  • Killing Joke - I'm the Virus
  • Opeth - To Rid the Disease
  • Entombed - Blessed are the Sick
  • Accept - Pandemic
  • Ozzy Osbourne - Today is the End
  • Arch Enemy- My Apocalypse

Should any of you find out what the other tracks on this album will be, please share.

Rumour has the album will be a double album, the name is yet uncertain if anyone hears about it, let us know.

3 hours ago, strawhat said:

Disturbed - The Sickness

In This Moment - Sick Like Me

Judas Priest - Fever

Slipknot - My Plague

Ghost - Rats

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

You'd really like Islay @Thoramel, it's got something like 9 distilleries on an island that's only 20 miles long. Fantastic wildlife too, especially in the summer when the basking sharks and minke whales are cruising around. Just remember that the "y" in the name is silent :poke:

Oh yes. It's one of the places I'd like to go hike around some day. My wife, who is also into scotch and outdoor activities, has been pushing for this for a whale now. 

• Like 6

I think I'm going to be hassling my D&D group even more about travel games when this is done.

Been on bucket list to play D&D on Wizard Island in Crater Lake for at least a decade. Because WIZARD ISLAND. And it is a cinder cone volcano in a lake that is in a technically active volcano. Really needs to happen, and it is only a 10hr drive away. So that's on hold for.... probably beyond when the boat goes to the island for the season (July - September).

But y'know what? There are other cool places in the world. I want my super international D&D group to pick places they think are magical, and then we should do a yearly trip to play at those places. Our scout should bring his kiddo. We're stuck in boxes right now and we should do cool nerdy things when we can.

• Like 14

27 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Been on bucket list to play D&D on Wizard Island in Crater Lake for at least a decade. Because WIZARD ISLAND.

...And the other island of the lake is named the Phantom Ship:

image.thumb.jpeg.d312805a6160f588f5b0a19ec6a955d3.jpeg

Whoever named those islands must have been heavily influenced by the lake’s otherworldly atmosphere.

I spent two summers working in the lodge at Crater Lake in the 80’s, and it was the two most amazing summers of my life.  Imagine walking to work with a view from  the rim of the caldera each morning...

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

By the way, Nine Inch Nails has two new releases, and has put them up for free.

Not my cuppa, but I know certain people that are very fond of their music.

The Auld Grump - pretty sure it would be a commercial link, but easy enough to find.

Gee, who are those certain people,  wonder?

Such a mystery!  ::D:

• Haha 9

3 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Tracks for the second album, in honour of those in self-isolation:

• The Lion King - Be Prepared
  • MC Hammer - You Can't Touch This
  • The Police - Don't Stand So Close To Me
  • Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now
  • Heart - Alone
  • Céline Dion - All By Myself
  • Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome Tonight
  • Styx - Too Much Time On My Hands
  • Billy Idol - Dancing With Myself

Neil Diamond - Sweet Cherry Pie; Covid-19 Version

GEM

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I think I'm going to be hassling my D&D group even more about travel games when this is done.

Been on bucket list to play D&D on Wizard Island in Crater Lake for at least a decade. Because WIZARD ISLAND. And it is a cinder cone volcano in a lake that is in a technically active volcano. Really needs to happen, and it is only a 10hr drive away. So that's on hold for.... probably beyond when the boat goes to the island for the season (July - September).

But y'know what? There are other cool places in the world. I want my super international D&D group to pick places they think are magical, and then we should do a yearly trip to play at those places. Our scout should bring his kiddo. We're stuck in boxes right now and we should do cool nerdy things when we can.

For your consideration:

Trees of Mystery - Northern California Redwood Belt

Superstition Mountains - Arizona, near Tombstone

The Racetrack - Death Valley

Lost Coast - Along Hwy 101, California

Winchester Mystery House - San Jose, California

GEM

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*swings through the thread on a vine, wearing a multicoloured loincloth*

>Purple<

Inquiring minds want to know; was it a multi-color vine?

>Purple/off<

GEM 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

For your consideration:

Trees of Mystery - Northern California Redwood Belt

Superstition Mountains - Arizona, near Tombstone

The Racetrack - Death Valley

Lost Coast - Along Hwy 101, California

Winchester Mystery House - San Jose, California

GEM

Needs to be places my group finds magical. Good list nonetheless! CA redwoods are pretty spectacular. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Needs to be places my group finds magical. Good list nonetheless! CA redwoods are pretty spectacular. 

Understood.

If you've been to Trees of Mystery you understand why it's first on my suggestion list.  If not, I recommend a visit, even if the place looks like your typical tourist trap from the front.

If you are so inclined, run this list past your group and see if it rings any bells or stimultes any suggestions.

GEM

• Like 4

I grew up in the SF Bay Area. Muir Woods and redwood areas will always be a favorite. 

Can tell my group but they're unlikely to pick those. We have a very international group; 2 raised in Colorado and me as a CO import, 1 Australia, 1 Turkey, 1 Canada. Add partners and get Arizona and Iceland. 

Could be wishful thinking to set up long travel but after this... it would be so nice. 

I also just realized my sequel campaign for this one loans itself well to travel. Boys are a long way from it, but we're a long time away from real travel too.

If my group succeeds at their final mission, they'll become Charon's (neutral, not evil), cleaners. They'd be given the task of collecting souls that couldn't make it down the Styx for sorting into proper afterlives for whatever reason. Would include travel across the world(s) to collect lost souls. Can be done as games at home or fittingly...anywhere. 

• Like 7