Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

So, my D&D game went remarkably well for the party. They recovered a significant amount of treasure, escaped the dungeon, got ambushed by the dragon that they've been dealing with for months now, it melted the elf, bit the head off the NPC priest, nearly charmed the other priest, before the dwarf and monk killed it. 

It's really too bad they have no idea where the dragon's lair is! 

In truth, shooting a dragon in the nose with a magic missile and then taunting it is probably not a good survival policy...

Still l, it was disappointing to miss out on the xp for that run, it was a good run.

As for finding the treasure, I believe if we stand near the swamp and activate a certain scroll we should be able to find the treasure.  Now all the party has to deal with is Alwin's grieving paramour and co-apprentice Morgana!

• Like 9

Fought software all day yesterday. CAD is hiding parts after I told it not to. Tell the system to show everything and it does ... except the parts it wants to hide again. 

Had to reach out to some experts above my level, of which I think there are maybe a dozen. I think it’s a bug.

Or incredibly well hidden user error.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 5

Grrrr! Getting so annoyed with this amazon seller! 

So, I ordered this really nice cabinet for my paints. It’s wood, so I can put magnetic child locks on it, because I had a horrifying vision of Sephy one day getting into my paints and squirting them all over the place... anyway, I need a locking paint cabinet. 

This one I ordered I have to put together myself, no big deal, except that one of the load bearing pieces is missing holes for the dowels. So I sent them a message, hey please send me a new piece, etc etc, and they sent back right away that they would. 

Five days later it hasn’t arrived, so I sent them again, hey where is my piece, need to put together my cabinet, want to art, etc. 

Except now they’re saying they can offer a partial refund for the missing piece! The piece I must have to put the whole thing together!!! 

I told them either they send me that piece or they give me a full refund. Why are people so annoying :angry:

• Like 2
  • Sad 17

We got the D&D thing operational last night, after a week of false starts and missing players. Was quite all right. I played at the mobile command center and could roll my dice on the tabletop with ease. Quite nice. No more, or at least a lot less, of that hateful Roll20 dice roller for me lulz.

Anyway, we killed a rather hellish remorhaz! And I didn't even recognize if from the description. I thought it was a carrion crawler. <_<

I guess we're near the end of Avernus, and tbh I think I'm ready to move on. I've had fun, but eh.

In other news, placed my first Wal*Mart grocery pickup order yesterday. Pick up Sunday morning. They're just starting it at ours today. Was able to order almost everything my folks needed and a few odds and ends for me--including hamburger!--but who knows how much of it we'll actually get. Guess we'll see.

Good morning to everyone except this cold snap, which is lovely but probably will make me have to flip the heat back on tonight.

• Like 11

First call of the day was me having to explain to a customer that, no, I will not help him figure out how to wire up some random coin dispensing hopper he bought on eBay in order  to make it work with our equipment instead of him purchasing the correct item through his distributor.  Telling him "if you try anyway and blow up your circuit board(s), they run about $2000 each" was fun, though.

Second call of the day was me telling a customer to call his distributor for help with his problem, to which he replied "that will cost me money!" and then having to explain to him that if I help him over the phone I have to charge him, too, and he'll still probably end up calling his distributor for this particular type of problem. 

Third call of the day is a site that is completely down due to a nearby lightning strike, for which they're probably going to need a half a dozen parts or more. Parts that can't be sent out today because the factory in Calgary is closed for Good Friday. 

So how is your Good Friday going? 

• Like 13

4 hours ago, paintybeard said:
11 hours ago, redambrosia said:

All the best people are weird.

All the weird people are best.

At best, people are no worse than weird.

:ph34r:

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Fought software all day yesterday. CAD is hiding parts after I told it not to. Tell the system to show everything and it does ... except the parts it wants to hide again. 

Had to reach out to some experts above my level, of which I think there are maybe a dozen. I think it’s a bug.

Or incredibly well hidden user error.

Sounds like there is a gremlin or three dancing around in your SHOW / NOSHOW and PICK / NOPICK options and they may have done the shenanigans down in a few layers of nested details.

40 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

So how is your Good Friday going? 

Better than @Pegazus it sounds like.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2