Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

57 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

What is it with video on the chats.  I there are only one or two people in my company who have their camera enabled and they usually get catcalled until they turn it off.  The last thing I want to see at 8 in the morning is my boss's face.  I am also pretty sure the last thing anyone wants to see is mine. 

I don't know, but I personally feel it is my duty to share my bald, bushy bearded, ugly visage smiling at all of my colleagues first thing in the morning. Whether or not they like this is up for some debate though.

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mailchimp's web builder is very un-intuitive. I could transfer my domain name over to WordPress but that would still make me pay for the account upgrade AND a website mapping fee every year. So that would be even more expensive than just upgrading the WP account. <_<

• Like 6

In my company, most people turn off the video to save bandwidth.   Only about 10% leave it on in meetings. 

They also instituted a temporary 10% paycut for most everyone. Including all executives and managers. In exchange people are getting 15 extra days off.  My division has so much work however that the engineers and engineering assistants are exempt. So no lowering of my pay, but no free 15 days off either. 

I think I would have preferred the days off actually....  

The CEO is taking a 20% cut,  I thought that was a nice move on his part. 

• Like 12

A little face-to-face is good for morale. Lord knows I just sit there and look at myself the entire time to make sure my face doesn't look fatter than it already is the entire time I'm on cam tho.

What a good night's sleep I had! A delightful and increasingly rare surprise. Good morning to everyone except the elves, who in their pointy self-importance choose not to sleep at all.

• Like 10
  • Confused 2

33 minutes ago, Citrine said:

In my company, most people turn off the video to save bandwidth.   Only about 10% leave it on in meetings. 

They also instituted a temporary 10% paycut for most everyone. Including all executives and managers. In exchange people are getting 15 extra days off.  My division has so much work however that the engineers and engineering assistants are exempt. So no lowering of my pay, but no free 15 days off either. 

I think I would have preferred the days off actually....  

The CEO is taking a 20% cut,  I thought that was a nice move on his part. 

I'd happily trade 10% for 15 days off.  Heck, I'd give 5% just to get the days off I'm supposed to....  doesn't look like That s going to happen though.  Sales are off but not by that much and we are starting to get contracts for excessive orders when the stay at home orders in some states lift, whenever that is.  Nice to know we have some additional business in the future...

• Like 13

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Let me put it this way - we got it for hubby, and I was regularly looking over towards his desk, or I'd go to make a snack or coffee and wind up watching for five minutes.  Not many games do that to me, especially one I didn't enjoy anywhere near as much as 2A, 8, and 9...

Sort of spoiler under the spoiler, but it's a scene anyone who's played the original knows

Reveal hidden contents

Cloud looks gooooooood in a dress, as does Aerith and Tifa.

"Perfection!"

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Today is not going well.

Hurt my back bad doing my morning exercises (stupid squats! :angry:) and now I can't escape, my housemates constant whining is really starting to get on my nerves.

Hopefully, I can stand up long enough to make dinner, it's a new recipe I've been looking forward to making (Sri Lankan Crab and Prawn Curry). 

Good news!

I managed to make dinner, now I'm too full of crabby goodness to care about anything else.

• Like 18

3 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

What is it with video on the chats.  I there are only one or two people in my company who have their camera enabled and they usually get catcalled until they turn it off.  The last thing I want to see at 8 in the morning is my boss's face.  I am also pretty sure the last thing anyone wants to see is mine. 

It could be worse, these workers had to conduct an entire online meeting with their boss that had accidentally turned herself into a potato with the video streaming software. I honestly don't know how they kept their composure ::D:

1617512598_EUXiJW0XQAIBUX6(1).thumb.jpeg.9a7bd492170902bfc54265d7680323e2.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

It could be worse, these workers had to conduct an entire online meeting with their boss that had accidentally turned herself into a potato with the video streaming software. I honestly don't know how they kept their composure ::D:

1617512598_EUXiJW0XQAIBUX6(1).thumb.jpeg.9a7bd492170902bfc54265d7680323e2.jpeg

Are you sure the potato head was an accident?

A boss with a twisted/evil sense of humor could pull something like that deliberately just as a test for how well their staff holds up when sent a curve ball.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
tentacles
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Crowley said:

When my boss and I chat, it's just a voice call, but there are some meetings that seem to have almost everyone on video. At least using Teams or Zoom we can put on a cool background. I use the warp core of the Enterprise D as my background. 

I wonder if Skype can do that. I've tried Skype twice. 

Do you need a green screen?

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Are you sure the potato head was an accident?

A boss with a twisted/evil snese of humor could pull something like that deliberately just as a test for how well their staff holds up when sent a curve ball.

GEM

Well, it was one of her employees that put the photo online so I'm guessing that they failed :lol:

Did anyone see the priest that accidentally turned on the filters during a live online sermon?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MFO-s0LsRQk

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, TGP said:

I wonder if Skype can do that. I've tried Skype twice. 

Do you need a green screen?

"chromacam" a bunch of the people at work have been using it to do that

1 minute ago, Oakleaf98 said:

This tweet came in a while back.

https://twitter.com/philiprosedale/status/1236729924062330880

I would like universities to start using it again.

Plus i think it would be revenge against people who have insulted me for using SL.

I'd rather see them use tabletop simulator. it has a flip table button

• Haha 7

Okay, I managed to log onto work, and IMMEDIATELY got into a call with one of my bosses!! :lol:  Anyway, after I got off the call, managed to actually get some work done. And no, we didn't video chat. 

Now I need to go get in line to go to the grocery store... *sigh* Better an hour wait now, than 3+ over the weekend. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 3