Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

"chromacam" a bunch of the people at work have been using it to do that

I'd rather see them use tabletop simulator. it has a flip table button

I seen that game on Steam.

I wonder why Apple disabled support for most 32 bit games and apps in their latest OS Catalina.

Apple y u no more have 32 bit support?

I know i can run windows 10 in a dualboot on my mac using bootcamp.

I wonder though if there is a way to transfer windows 10 from my now broken laptop to my Imac for a dualboot.

• Like 2

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Comic-Con has been cancelled.  :down:

GEM

-

-

-

-

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

A decision was made, above my head, in regards to the after-school program

I have been running the game for free.

But, the powers what be have determined that:

The funds for the program have already been approved.

I have been following the guidelines for the program.

While a space for the program has been assigned, it is not mandated.

Therefore, I should be paid for the games that I have been running for free.

Backdated to when I started running the virtual campaigns.

This... was unexpected. Apparently some of the parents have been sending Thank You notes to the program, for keeping it running during the quarantine.

So, rather than save the funds for next year, or sending the funds back, they decided to make it official.

And is considered to have been running with no interruption, despite the quarantine.

I... apparently made them look good, in the eyes of both the parents and the board.

Hooray?

The Auld Grump

Congratulations! :bday:

The "Powers That Be tm" are probably looking at this as a way to increase funding for After School Programs by demonstrating how effective your efforts have been on a "limited" budget.  There are probably enough things running behind the scenes that if you were aware, your DM's Heart would be having ecstatic flips for the levels of cunning and conniving  that is occurring.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

A line to go to the grocery store?  Boy am I glad I live I relatively unmolested suburbia!

3 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Even in our relatively sparsely populated part of the country a trip to the nearest WincCo involves waiting in line, with measured distancing stripes on the sidewalk.

I do have to admit that once in the store the freedom of movement allowed by limiting the number of people into the store makes for a much faster shopping trip.

On balance, I will be extremely happy once this whole virus thing burns it self out.

GEM

At the time I left, the line was 3 hours. I said no. There are other places I can go with shorter lines, or even no line, but they're both more expensive, and worse quality, and since what's filling out my list is produce, I'll wait till tomorrow or Sunday. 

The take out place we'd planned on for dinner, which was open yesterday, is closed today. :unsure: And yeah, I'm looking forward to this virus burning out... Sadly that's not going to happen anytime soon. And I'm worried about how this is going to impact the many small businesses around me, and around every other urban center. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 5

1 minute ago, Crowley said:

At the time I left, the line was 3 hours. I said no. There are other places I can go with shorter lines, or even no line, but they're both more expensive, and worse quality, and since what's filling out my list is produce, I'll wait till tomorrow or Sunday. 

The take out place we'd planned on for dinner, which was open yesterday, is closed today. :unsure: And yeah, I'm looking forward to this virus burning out... Sadly that's not going to happen anytime soon. And I'm worried about how this is going to impact the many small businesses around me, and around every other urban center. 

You guys are getting slammed really hard by this thing.

According to a radio report earlier this week there are 12 cases total in our valley.

For San Bernardino County as a whole [the largest single geographical area county in the 48 contiguous states] the last report is 572 cases total.

You've probably got that many from just one city block.

Hang Tough, it will end.

GEM

• Like 7

I have Potato Pie..... ::D:

This is a white pizza: the crust is slathered with olive oil, parmesan, garlic and oregano, then a layer of thinly sliced (like, potato chip thin) potatoes is laid down, covered in mozzarella and then topped with bacon. I get mine with onions on it.

You may now commence the wailing and gnashing of teeth because you are not me right now... ::P:

• Like 9
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Dang.  I have only seen one line here, there were 3 people waiting at Trader Joe's on Monday.   My regular store is not doing that.  But this what was it looked like when I stopped on Monday.  It was a bit creepy.

IMG_20200413_114659152.jpg.02f94003e34cb69d05309dfac0d89d11.jpg

Small businesses are being hurt bad, no doubt.  They are scrambling for ways to keep doing business, curbside, online, etc.  One of our local tv stations keeps a list of small local companies that are still open, like restaurant suppliers, small farmers, bakeries, restaurants, etc. who are now selling boxes of produce to the public.  Maybe you can find some place like that in your area. 

DH and I have agreed that this weekend we are taking a break and vacationing at Hotel Casa Inarah.  I got us a suite.  I hear the restaurant is nice, and they have a deck with a scenic view, if the weather is not too cold.  I'm told there is a small nature walk, and some of the wild life will come right up to you and eat cat food right out of your hand.  We get a free bottle of wine from the house cellar for booking during virus season. 

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to that Wal*Mart pickup (and my brother's hitting the grocery for a couple of things for my parents) I haven't been in a grocery or Dollar Store for something like two or three weeks now. Already got the next pickup scheduled so I can try to keep up with the parents' weekly wants, too. So. Trying.

We're all gonna have to go outside tho. Waiting it out locked in the house is impossible, unfortunately, and never was the goal. But it's sure made a confirmed germophobe like me a whole new level of paranoid. Meh.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Errr.  I had to clean up a computer from one of our techs who was fired and he had a second life account...  There are things I don't want to know about people; I would have to say there are some really bad neighborhoods in that AR.

I want these minis!

o_O  Who puts games on their work laptop?  Or does, uhm...  Various NSFW things on said work laptop?  That's just begging for you to get in trouble at some point.

I have enough higher ups at work that look at me strange because for the longest of times, I refused to have my work phone connect to the wireless network at home.  My reasoning?  I didn't want to set up (and maintain) a DMZ for it.  Since we have routing software that occasionally updates itself (same with the phone), they've mandated such, and I went "okay, you're dealing with any security breaches that might happen because of such.  I'll do what I can, but I'm not applying corporate levels of data security to my home network."  Some of the IT guys liked my attitude, but boy the bigwigs sure don't, but eh, you demanded I connect it to a home network so it stays updated, so.... *shrugs*

Thankfully, half my stuff doesn't work since they switched over to Okta, so I suppose there's that.

If work wants to find out what I do in my spare time, it's easy enough to find out.  They just won't find such on anything owned by corporate.  Could also be such was instilled in me because I grew up on a military base, and the IT guys there at the time liked me.  Well, the Air Force ones did, naturally the armoured (and Army) guys were "ehhhhh, he's an air force brat".

Yeah, there's some rather... Uh.... We'll go with very NSFW sections to SecondLife.

5 hours ago, Serenity said:

ReaperLand! #013 started around 3 PM.  

There is a potential giveaway today for 100 Bones minis, 50 DHL metal minis, and the first 108 colors in the MSP Core paints line.  It requires there be enough subs to total 1500 (I think) by the end of the show.  They match all gift subs on ReaperLand today and there are lots of gift subs happening today.  Good luck if the giveaway happens today!

https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures/

ETA:  40 subs to go to reach goal.  They'll be accepting more subs during Bone 5 Live which is scheduled to start around 4:30 PM.

ETA: They reached the sub goal.  The winner is viggospeeps.  Congrats!

I really miss when they used to have the draw open for 24 hours or so, so that viewers who can't make it to the Friday show actually have a chance, and it supports ALL those who support and enjoy Reaper Live...

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Oakleaf98 said:

Anyone know why some people are jerks or avoid those with aspergers? Because i have had people who treated me like i did something to them,when i never doing anything bad to them to make them hate me or such.

Am also diagnosed and have also noticed this.

People can have a "I love this person and will tell them all my secrets" reaction to me and it's weird. People can also have a "I despise this person and will make their lives hell even when it puts me in jeopardy" reaction to me and it's equally weird. The dichotomy can be just that strong and it takes immense effort to change it once it's developed. Also it develops within 5 minutes of meeting me.

You might be noticing that second group of people. I have no idea what their problem is or what part of "hi I exist" triggered them because as far as I can tell, that's their trigger. I exist therefore they must destroy.

It might be the fact that you trod all over their preconceived notions by existing. It might be some egotistical thing where suddenly they feel their normality is threatened. Or it might be some backwards-ableist thing where they have a view of people "like us" and "us having our broccoli together" is not part of that view, therefore they feel the need to "put us in our place". I used to get that last one a lot.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

41 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:
8 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

o_O  Who puts games on their work laptop?  Or does, uhm...  Various NSFW things on said work laptop?  That's just begging for you to get in trouble at some point.

I have enough higher ups at work that look at me strange because for the longest of times, I refused to have my work phone connect to the wireless network at home.  My reasoning?  I didn't want to set up (and maintain) a DMZ for it.  Since we have routing software that occasionally updates itself (same with the phone), they've mandated such, and I went "okay, you're dealing with any security breaches that might happen because of such.  I'll do what I can, but I'm not applying corporate levels of data security to my home network."  Some of the IT guys liked my attitude, but boy the bigwigs sure don't, but eh, you demanded I connect it to a home network so it stays updated, so.... *shrugs*

Thankfully, half my stuff doesn't work since they switched over to Okta, so I suppose there's that.

If work wants to find out what I do in my spare time, it's easy enough to find out.  They just won't find such on anything owned by corporate.  Could also be such was instilled in me because I grew up on a military base, and the IT guys there at the time liked me.  Well, the Air Force ones did, naturally the armoured (and Army) guys were "ehhhhh, he's an air force brat".

Yeah, there's some rather... Uh.... We'll go with very NSFW sections to SecondLife.

I really miss when they used to have the draw open for 24 hours or so, so that viewers who can't make it to the Friday show actually have a chance, and it supports ALL those who support and enjoy Reaper Live...

I've always taken the attitude that if whoever I'm working for wants a certain level of connectedness then it's up to them to provide and maintain all the kit required for that to happen.

What's mine is mine, and if you want to piggyback on my personal equipment then we can discuss the fee scale for that access.

My Personal Phone was/is My Personal Phone.  You can have the phone number but that's it.

The truck is equipped with an online all the time communications system that works both ways, except when specifically instructed to disable that system for customer [Federal Government] specified security reasons.  Use that.  If I'm out of the cab, your message will be on the box when I return to the cab.

GEM

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1