Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

The problem with the wipes, or the cleaner and paper towels (which is what they have at my Walmart for when the wipes run out), is that the way they’re being used is ineffective. For them to be effective you have to wipe a thing down and let it air dry, taking about a minute. The cleaners that are rated to kill covid19, you’re supposed to leave on for longer. So spraying something and immediately wiping it up doesn’t help. It’s a placebo. 

Like that silly woman that sprayed the door handle with Lysol (and I guarantee that wasn’t Lysol rated to kill covid19) and immediately grabbed the handle. All she did was get Lysol all over her hands. 

I guess if it makes people feel better though :shrug:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

I understand it and it actually normal behavior.  There are some times I have to remind friends that this is a work phone and they shouldn't send pictures like that.  Which actually works out because I don't want to see pictures like that ::o:!  

But that's me not others.  I perfectly understand the personal phone requirement.  If they ever finish developing the dual SIM phone, I'll be first on the list (or at least get one the company will allow...)

Commercial sanitizer is pretty rough on the skin, even if you're not allergic.  I sympathize.  Most of the stores that do that here will let you wear gloves instead 

Gloves is how I've gotten by it with work.  I've gotten a raised eyebrow or two from coworkers for my "bio box" I have in the back of my truck (a box I specifically have ~JUST~ to throw my used gloves into).  Thing is, I change gloves every single customer, for a few reasons, but truth be told, the biggest one is I hate driving while wearing rubber gloves AND since we clean every surface of our vehicle that we regularly touch TWICE A DAY so I'd rather go through garbage bags and keep whatever my hands may have come in contact with out of the cab.  Well, that and commercial hand sanitizer slowly eats away at your gloves, aaaand disposing nitrile gloves after they've been used for their intended purpose is kind of ingrained into my process from over a decade of first aid experience.  Sure, this means I'll chew through a box of gloves in 7-10 days depending on how many customers I have that day, but it's that extra little bit that can help.

18 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

The problem with the wipes, or the cleaner and paper towels (which is what they have at my Walmart for when the wipes run out), is that the way they’re being used is ineffective. For them to be effective you have to wipe a thing down and let it air dry, taking about a minute. The cleaners that are rated to kill covid19, you’re supposed to leave on for longer. So spraying something and immediately wiping it up doesn’t help. It’s a placebo. 

Like that silly woman that sprayed the door handle with Lysol (and I guarantee that wasn’t Lysol rated to kill covid19) and immediately grabbed the handle. All she did was get Lysol all over her hands. 

I guess if it makes people feel better though :shrug:

And there's why most of us will wipe down our trucks right as we pull into the garage bay - our stuff takes upwards of ten minutes to dry.  I just wish it didn't take an hour and a half for the chemical smell to dissipate.

In other news, YAY!  My first shipment from Ikea is now here!  Delivery driver was especially apologetic, but was glad I didn't mind him having to drop it off at the door, and was understanding about such ^_^  Now to build up two tables (and strap them together), plus another table and a BILLY bookshelf...  Driver was all "omg, soooo many table legs" and I was "yup, fourteen of them"

• Like 12

The party got FUBARed last night by spiders, snakes, and giant rats. Half the party was poisoned, and half the party has disease, and one got both.

Grump's character got neither, but took more actual damage than anyone else. He did the whole Paladin Wading In thing, moving to a position that helped flank with three other characters, but being flanked himself to do so. But he has more armor, so that worked, mostly.

But Jon did a lot more damage, since Rage does NOT care if you are fighting Evil while Smite DOES.

This was after holing up for a couple of days to heal, fending off the last of the bandits in the first night.

The creepy crawlies did more damage than the bandits, mostly from poison.

But, now they are second level, and once they deal with the disease and the after effects of spider and snake venom, they will be starting on the goblins in the dungeon. Two people have the Heal skill, and the Julie has Cure Light Wounds.

They let one gobbo that the bandits held captive go, and rescued a dwarf - relative of the clan that they are allied with. The dwarf wanted to kill the goblin, but the goblin just wanted to get away from the keep, not rejoin its fellows in the dungeon crawl.

Yar the gobber also gave them some useful warnings, let's see if they remember them.

The party found a map to a goblin and troll infested dwarf hold, that they have given to to the dwarf to take back to his clan, once the Keep is cleared.

The dwarf will help them kill the goblins, then rejoin his kin, when the knarr comes back.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 11

Yup, and gasoline was $1.56/gal earlier this week, a price I haven't seen in some 30 years. 

Carpet tiles going down in the basement.  Contractor was upset that the stripes didn't match up.  I said I was ok with that, and she had a fit, saying it made her nauseous to look at it.  I told her it was a good thing it wasn't her basement.  They're not happy but they don't have to be.  I am. 

DH and I are discussing how to arrange the furniture this time. One free standing book case going away (it is crumbling chipboard) but equal amount of built in shelving has been added.  Entertainment center going away, and we have an extra wall because bathroom door was closed up (and bathroom combined with laundry area).  So... changes. 

• Like 13

Grocery shopping done. Got a good chunk of a new book read while waiting in line. Then got a sandwich and fried chicken from the bar that just opened down the block like 2 weeks ago... talk about bad timing...  But it was very tasty.

• Like 11

15 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

no shock Comic-Con is cancelled this year. When Con Crud can kill, not much option left. Especially when they have a thousand people at time in a room at some of the panels and such. 

Convention in Honolulu been postponed to August. I been going to that convention.

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

Unless you go very early or very late, it's about an hour's wait to get into any of our nearby supermarkets. We've been delivering food and supplies for a couple of sets of elderly neighbors who are understandably wary about going out and braving the crowds. They pop their shopping lists and some money in an envelope through our letterbox in the evening and we head out the next day and get it for them. It's all very civilized and we leave their receipt and change in the bags when we drop off the shopping the next morning. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

Spend the day doing all sorts of chores.

Put up 4 solar/sensor lights around the house.

Put up the large clock in the back room.

Added two more shelves to a cupboard.

Put up a washing line in the garden

Finished assembling the last display case

Started to re-arrange the hobby room.

I managed to make a nice Moussaka for dinner and some Shoarma on the side.

More chores tomorrow.

Not sure if I will be able to unpack and install my Elegoo Mars, might have to wait.

• Like 12

A while back I loaned a five gallon corny keg to guy in my homebrew club who brewed more beer than he had capacity for. I don't know this guy too well, but folks are always loaning equipment around in the club so no big deal. He reached out yesterday saying he was done with the keg and wanted to leave it on my porch. And as thanks for the loan he was returning it half full of some of his beer. Don't need more beer but cool. I tend to give beer away to some neighbors so that works. Well, he dropped it off and I set it in my kitchen figuring I'd get it on draft today. 

What he didn't tell me is it was apparently an infected batch and he didn't want to clean the keg. And it appears it's been sitting for a long time building up pressure that way because sitting in my warm kitchen overnight the "beer" foamed up and out the keg post that, upon examination, was so clogged with gunk it was incapable of forming an air tight seal. Which led to about 2 gallons of beer flowing out across my kitchen floor overnight. It was under all my appliances and had congealed into a sticky mess. And if you've never smelled nasty, old, infected beer then count yourself lucky. I've spent the whole day pulling out appliances and scrubbing. 

I'm not one given to anger very often. But right now it's a good thing that guy is no where near me.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 27

D&D last night ran long of course we started late. It would have gone longer but I had a migraine kick in during the last half hour. I have concluded we are bad at puzzles. But we eventually figured it out..with hand holding. I have to work with our DM this week and figure out what kind of boon I get for being one of the people to actually go all the way up the pyramid and doing the NPC stuff. 

I got the rest of the Pathfinder paints yesterday (35 bottles but only 34 colors, accidentally ordered one twice). So paint swatches have continued again. I've got two pages of 7 done. Will work on more throughout the day and hopefully be done by the time my virtual happy hour is over tonight. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Thoramel said:

And if you've never smelled nasty, old, infected beer then count yourself lucky. I've spent the whole day pulling out appliances and scrubbing. 

Definitely uncool.  I remember one of my first batches of mead exploding in the night, and cleaning sticky shrapnel off everything in the kitchen. Not fun.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Yeeeeeeeeeah, I'm a little weird about loaning my stuff out to people as it is, but there is absolutely no way whatsoever I'd loan out anything that in any shape or form involved the use of yeast. I am not that brave. :unsure:

• Like 11

When I was working at a prison, and the inmates would make "hootch", the stuff made from ketchup was the most foul smelling stuff you can imagine. Once hauling a large trash bag full of the stuff one officer busted the bag open and it stank up the entire cell house!

Edited by Corsair
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4

35 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Definitely uncool.  I remember one of my first batches of mead exploding in the night, and cleaning sticky shrapnel off everything in the kitchen. Not fun.  

At a coworker's party one time, another colleague brought some homemade cider. Unfortunately the pressure had been building up on a bad batch and when he opened the bottle... well, cider volcano. The host said he was still finding bits of brown stuff in odd places months later. 

25 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Yeeeeeeeeeah, I'm a little weird about loaning my stuff out to people as it is, but there is absolutely no way whatsoever I'd loan out anything that in any shape or form involved the use of yeast. I am not that brave. :unsure:

Yeah, but they're just old Pepsi kegs from back in the 80s that I picked up and refurbished like a decade or so ago for a few bucks each. Part of being in the homebrew club is sharing stuff like that with newcomers to try and keep the cost of the hobby down for everyone. 

24 minutes ago, Corsair said:

When I was working at a prison, and the inmates would make "hootch", the stuff made from ketchup was the most foul smelling stuff you can imagine. Once hauling a large trash bag full of the stuff one officer busted tha bag open and it stank up the entire cell house!

Fun fact, you can make hooch from toilet paper. Its just cellulose which can be broken down into sugars and then easily converted to alcohol. Maybe this will be the new "thing" among TP hoarders. Also, ketchup? Man that sounds foul.

• Like 12