Randomness XVI: Brains versus Bleach - an Epic Rap Battle in Iambic Pentameter.

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

All of the top basket contents were bottles of Rum.  The top basket was full. ::(:

GEM

2 hours ago, TripleH said:

So, you managed to find a store that @Chaoswolf hasn't raided yet?

YET.

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Might be making rum cake?

I know someone who did just that when I was in the Navy. We were having a going away party for one of the guys in our shop, and one of the girls had volunteered to make a rum cake. The night before the party she discovered that she didn't have any rum extract. She did have a brand new unopened bottle of rum on hand, so she improvised. She didn't use the whole bottle,  but she told  us that she did use a pretty healthy amount of it.

You could smell it halfway down the hall. And it was very popular. ::D:

• Like 3
  • Haha 17

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Wish I could say the same. It's been tease, tease, tease all week.   What do I have to do, wash my car?

Wouldn't hurt. The storm actually came in this morning, but round two didn't really kick off til a couple hours ago. More of a brooding rumble sort of thunder, with only a few heavy downpours that don't last long. Which is nice, as the steady pattering sort of rain tends to coincide with my leg and ankle throbbing, whereas this hasn't really affected it.

• Like 10

48 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Have you played the new MoO yet?

Yes.

It's... okay.

Not the train wreck that was MoO 3, but... not as good as Galactic Civilizations 1 or 2.

I would have loved it if that was what came out instead of MoO 3, or even some time relatively soon after MoO 3, but the genre has progressed quite a bit in the years between releases.

There are things that MoO 2 does better than either MoO 4 or either of the Gal Civs. (In particular, I greatly prefer the way Systems are handled in MoO 2 to Gal Civ 2.)

But, oh, ye gods and little fishes, Galactic Civilization 2 and 3 blow MoO 4 right out of the water.

And Gal Civ 3 is (finally!) multiplayer.  Definitely better than MoO 4.

The Auld Grump

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Seems to me that some of the kidlets need to step up and do some of the cooking and cleanup.

Many hands, etc.

GEM

Supervising is honestly more work than doing.  They generally help with the dishes, but there's a sheer volume of dishes and food that sucks up time.  Plus they're supposed to be doing school, which also requires supervision.  I'm looking forward to school ending.  

Edited by LittleBluberry
Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Sad 6

The last three times we have ordered from Domino's, they have messed up our order, and given us a free pizza each time as compensation...

Really don't know how I feel about that - on the one hand, they keep messing up our order. On the other... free pizza....

Painting piles of rusting chains... and need minis of Kytons to go with them....

Priming black, heavy drybrush of Goblin Skin (brownish orange) and another drybrush of Scorched Metal, then a brown ink glaze.

Goes with the cage from the WizKids Deep Cuts line.

I have plans....

The Auld Grump - there are surprisingly few miniatures for the Chain Devils....

• Like 17

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Yes.

It's... okay.

Not the train wreck that was MoO 3, but... not as good as Galactic Civilizations 1 or 2.

I would have loved it if that was what came out instead of MoO 3, or even some time relatively soon after MoO 3, but the genre has progressed quite a bit in the years between releases.

There are things that MoO 2 does better than either MoO 4 or either of the Gal Civs. (In particular, I greatly prefer the way Systems are handled in MoO 2 to Gal Civ 2.)

But, oh, ye gods and little fishes, Galactic Civilization 2 and 3 blow MoO 4 right out of the water.

The Auld Grump

A moomoo moos and wears a muumuu while playing MoO.

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Corsair said:

Well, work has been gaining hours on my old retired carcass. Part time job will be fulltime the next two to three weeks. We had some extra help at our bank from one of our branches that had to shutter because no drive up [the bank is in a grocery store]. One lady went to another branch as they were really short and the other was told to leave our location and go to a larger bank because she was just plain a pain and ticked off customers and the bosses. Meanwhile during this we had one woman retire and another retires the end of the month. So I am pretty much gonna be fulltime for the foreseeable future. At least it will make nice hobbying paychecks.

Sounds good, moar money for minis, filament and guns, right?

Glad to hear you're doing well!

6 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Beef Medallions with Stroganoff for dinner here.

GEM

image.png.598c01c3d3f5d7a97eb0e2445f4cdb95.png

6 hours ago, haldir said:

Rainy here as well. As I watched the bunny roll on to her backside (which is quite funny I must say), I noticed very very dark clouds comin our way from the west. I saw a lightning flash as well. Good thing we've got things to hide under when it's raining outside. 

& there is the thunder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTNzuBh6zTg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, LittleBluberry said:

We are playing D&D over video chat, and the town's local adventurer's shop has an intelligent war hammer that wants to be owned by a hero.  I'm playing a paladin of Thor.  I think we know where this is going....

That sounds like one huuuuuuuuuuge and convenient..... Trap.

Oh boy does that sound like a trap, and one along the lines of EXCALIBER!!!!!!  .....From Soul Eater.

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

Yay, vacation! Today through the Monday after next week.   My son is coming home and his girlfriend is also coming here for a week. If this year had been a normal year, the 4 of us would be in Norway for 2 weeks right now.  Instead we get to be cooped up in our house...

Going to be great to be off work though.  My co-PO (Project Owner) of my Agile team decided he wanted to do something different, so he left last week to do sw in a different area.  And there are really too many different programs to interface with for just one person to handle. Every day is now more than half the time spent in meetings. My boss left recently too, so I have to interface with 3 different direct managers. At least they are trying to backfill him but there is a lack of people that want to be PO. This is complicated by the fact that my team is also understaffed for the mountain of work ahead and there is a hiring freeze. 

So my stress level has spiked, I even had stomach pain from the stress last week. Increment planning is coming up soon after I get back, so I have to get going on that right away.

So it will be nice to have more than a week off. Thanks for listening to me vent a little. 

• Like 18

Are sprinklers an alternate means of summoning rain?

I ask because this morning I happened to wake up early (around 5am) and heard it start raining. Our sprinklers are set to begin at 4am. So, I grumbled my way out to shut them off, and literally 2 minutes later, the rain stopped. :mellow:

Maybe it works because we never wash our cars? (until very recently they lived outside so didn't see the point lol)

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 13

11 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

End of work today was crap. Tonight calls for pizza with sesame seeds.

What now?? I need more details. Are they on the crust? 

7 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The Auld Grump

Wait... There's a Gal Civ 3? Oh... Oh I did NOT need to know this... ::o:

Had a good day yesterday. Work went alright, pizza for dinner from one of my D&D players, then D&D. They're cleaning up a few maps to get the quest bonus I give for completely exploring different sections of the map. Complete being a relative term, doesn't necessarily mean they found every little secret compartment or hidden room, but as long as the main map is filled out, they get the bonus. I expect Sunday's game to be more of the same. Not sure where they'll go after that. 

Today I've got some work I need to do, but haven't even booted up the work computer yet. Probably gonna get in some painting time this afternoon. Gonna wrap up the Battle Barge I think. Not sure what my next project is going to be... Do I start on my Tau fleet? Hmmm...

COFFEE!! 

• Like 12