Zanderina

Flower Girl Bust

Great expression on the face!

Awesome yellows!

And those flowers look real!

• Like 5

I honestly can't tell if it's highlighting or if it's light reflected from the paint on her bow.   

It looks like a very simple paintjob... but those highlights and shades...   blows my mind. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

I honestly can't tell if it's highlighting or if it's light reflected from the paint on her bow.   

It looks like a very simple paintjob... but those highlights and shades...   blows my mind. 

A little of both to be honest. 

She looks nice!  If you're going to enter her in the painting contest (and, if you're at ReaperCon, you should!), good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

She looks nice!  If you're going to enter her in the painting contest (and, if you're at ReaperCon, you should!), good luck!

Sure did enter her! Nervous for the awards! 

Edited by Zanderina

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mckenna35
      Some pretty good deals in the early bird specials:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/399883540/orc-warband-collectors-by-yedharo-and-gt-studio-cr

Offering 30mm, 70mm, Busts and 1/10 () Scale figures.  Something for everyone!  

I got the early bird 4 bust deal.  FWIW I have some of their earlier figures and they've been very good quality.
    • By GlenP
      This is the resin bust for the upcoming hair and makeup class at ReaperCon. It's a bit under two inches tall. Standard MSP paints for the hair and flowers. The skin tones are the new Bones paints - Ruddy to Pale Flesh.

Cross posted to the ReaperCon forum.

• By GlenP
      This is the resin bust for the upcoming hair and makeup class at ReaperCon. It's a bit under two inches tall. Standard MSP paints for the hair and flowers. The skin tones are the new Bones paints - Ruddy to Pale Flesh.

Glen

• By Glitterwolf
      This is a bust from El Greco: Deus Vult / Militi Christi.

I painted him as a Knight Hospitaller.
      Learned a lot on the way.
      There are a few white specks in the pics, I was taking them outside and this is actually not there.
      Also there is more depth than the pics show, some shadows are washed out by the camera.

WIP here: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85635-deus-vult-militi-christi-bust-by-glitterwolf/

This one is going to be shipped off as a present to a certain person.
      It will be a surprise and I wonder how it will be received.

Here he is.

• By Zanderina
      Hello all! 

This is my first bust I am working on! She is from Frozen Ninja 3D whom we met at Reapercon 2018. have been working on her for a bit now and doing a little at a time. 

This bust made me really sit down and work on prep work. There weren't many mould lines but they stuck out more to me than those on smaller models. From this material though, they were very easy to remove. 

This has been challenging in the fact size really does make a difference when painting clothing and skin textures and just the general appearances compared to the normal miniatures I paint. 

The biggest challenge so far I think was getting the eyes right.  I didn't want them huge but being smaller they had a surprised look. So I did the bigger ones. I love it! Took about 3 tries to get the affect I have now. 

The yellow of her dress was different to do, but ended up going on a lot easier than I figured it would. Lots of layers though and I still have some to smooth out. I think using the white base is what wade it so easy to get the vibrant color you see. 

Skintone as well. There is so much more space so you have a lot more room to work with which means more layering and blending. Lots of practice has been achieved painting her. 

I will post more pics once I get a bit more done on her. Time to research a little on hair to try to get the right tones. 

Hope you all enjoy! 

-Z

• Who's Online   23 Members, 2 Anonymous, 164 Guests (See full list)