OneBoot

ReaperCon 2019 pictures!

6 hours ago, envyem said:
7 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I live in Vancouver. We call that a dry spell.

+ @Bane Of Humanity @Darsc Zacal Wait, fellow PNW'ers? Hi from a fellow Seattle-ite :) 

Hey, Neighbor! How's the weather up there? ^^

(Siri was not kidding, btw; not only was it raining in buckets, it was raining SIDEWAYS. I decided not to go outside; if I had I would have come back in looking like Cousin It.. )

• Like 7
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

(Siri was not kidding, btw; not only was it raining in buckets, it was raining SIDEWAYS. I decided not to go outside; if I had I would have come back in looking like Cousin It.. )

Yup, pictures do not do it justice

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Right now in seattle its hot and muggy.  Feels like a swamp.

• Sad 6

Actually been nice here, which is odd as normally we are hot & temps in the 90s at least. Overall this summer hasn't been that bad. I'm not going to complain. Love rain thou, so I think I would have felt right at home during this RCon. I recall a year at the HGI when a T-storm rolled through in the evening. It had been awhile since I was in a storm that loud. I was actually taking a break from the Con & just sitting in the corner by myself. (Knarthax aka George) came up to see if something was wrong. ha ha (Miss George, I hope he is doing ok!!).

Also, a big THANK YOU to everyone posting pictures this year. It's not the same as being there but it helps seeing familiar faces together in familiar places. 2020 Labor Day can't come fast enough for me!!

• Like 9

And then this poor thief just rolled up with only one boot. May she last longer than <file not found>.

502D34DF-9C67-4DFD-856F-7EA178BDAFC6.thumb.jpeg.0577905e8a1ee28c66253e50b4d5f4de.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Another rare sighting! Much win! Much compulsive air drumming! Friend!

DE52BC41-22CA-4656-85B4-458545D6CDD5.thumb.jpeg.fa50955c3c61e4802ca649da467f87e2.jpeg

And over at the joking hazards...

D7E8AE4E-E2A2-4567-99DA-09E140EA7732.thumb.jpeg.aca3f7e98ede0ab09e251881f30d302a.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

So Kon Niffer was not to become Dee Siduous. I guess the GM ran out of larch.

The. Larch.

The larch.

BB651EE3-8FE4-43AD-ACB8-7AF3276AF864.thumb.jpeg.9c7be1bebafff6f0c772a7c60ebbd21a.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I did better at pictures today! 

Sophie / @OneBoot and Izzy! :bday:

20190830_150332.thumb.jpg.339af9ef1d19d4c9b98ecdcff47be26a.jpg

Sophie needs to hurry and finish her competition mini! :wow:

20190830_121158.thumb.jpg.37a68358f2c297f2b4e8430811b93cd5.jpg

20190830_121142.thumb.jpg.1dbdf199db59c33eca6624e6c2d3d18e.jpg

Dumbledore / @Green Eyed Monstercasts a *Twinkle* spell! 

20190830_160002.thumb.jpg.9151491a1ffcc5997961e884d601c3c7.jpg

A 1:1 scale mini of (I don't remember the mini, one of the Duskwarden iconics I think). She looked amazing! 

20190831_010922.thumb.jpg.2108df327ddb2175ee39e602107421c2.jpg

There are a surprising number of Ed sculpts that have been submitted, and they all have fantastically different names. :lol:

20190830_161419.thumb.jpg.975e7f86a2fe1df09c6543ff7dab1934.jpg

Some not-great pics of some great entries. 

@Guindyloo 's gorgeous pieces (my camera totally blacked out her amazing fairy goblin dude :( ) 

20190830_161427.thumb.jpg.3bd0088d9d0d0b83b0b4ee54ae0533a8.jpg

20190830_161524.thumb.jpg.e66b095188fe4c072ad24acc977a6be5.jpg

20190830_161531.thumb.jpg.492e97dc86df3397c8710deabc202e0d.jpg

20190830_161902.thumb.jpg.545d64283ea9b758cfd6e26d84ed42d0.jpg

@Kuro Cleanbrush painted his own company's mini! It's super cool! 

20190830_162538.thumb.jpg.1200c69af5dd69e30214db3e1aae305f.jpg

20190830_162929.thumb.jpg.29c00d7921011a73ed9c7d612d4738b6.jpg

These cuties are in the Open category

20190830_164047.thumb.jpg.6d218334c7d065fd8cc939c7db08b418.jpg

Derek Schubert (I don't remember his forum name...) drew, sculpted AND painted these two, and they look FANTASTIC! It's just not fair :lol:

20190830_164420.thumb.jpg.404bc55b9487f55960e82cf64573e85f.jpg

There is literally an "I <3 Ed Sculpts" shirt on the auction table. :lol: I blame @buglips*the*goblin

20190830_164754.thumb.jpg.04e4a452190d65e9ee14bd3fe504b2ed.jpg

Sophie / @Ludo says: @OneBootmust paint with the back scratcher / mini holder that @pcktlnt gave her!

20190830_215524.thumb.jpg.9c0999c01a2d48d3fadd3269adfc1800.jpg

All the Sophie Says After Dark minis! 

20190831_013742.thumb.jpg.92eec668101ec97569fda88ca55291db.jpg

Very serious photorealistic painting of fur onto a gummi bear by @odinsgrandson. I did not inquire as to whether he primed it first or not.

20190830_223808.thumb.jpg.b1f6d6e0de1517b4db0bc136ae6f7818.jpg

#onlyatreapercon

:lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Hanger 18 is going out of business and selling everything off at progressively steeper discounts.  

Talked with them shortly after they were set up on Thursday.  It's not because they have to because Hangar 18 isn't carrying its own weight, it's because their other business, which is generating more income, needs more time to expand that business.

So they had to make the hard choice and Hangar 18 has to be closed down in the interests of overall well being.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
tentacles
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Scrolled through all the pictures yesterday, when I couldn't sleep. It really makes you wish that the troll-announcement with Reapercon UK/EU would become reality, even if it would be much smaller and less "official" without all the Reaper employees and "celebrities".

I like what I'm seeing for Bones 5. All the dragons are pretty great (stone structures to perch on seem to be the new hot stuff) and I second the wish for them to be non-Gargantuan. While super-duper big dragons are great, there are a lot of them, and they're difficult to use for gaming and I imagine also a bit awkward for dioramas with human sized creatures.

When I thought I didn't need more succubi those ladies convinced me otherwise. I like that one of them is a bit curvier and less 21. century pretty. Missing an incubus though. Dragonborn and Harpies will also be super handy and the Otters are super cute. The rest I forgot, I need to go through the pictures again.

Are there close-up pictures of the Swag bag figures anywhere?

• Like 5

Everybody looks to be having a good time. And I'm stuck here in Wisconsin where the nights are already getting cold. I'm going to paint a mini to console myself.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Nunae said:

Are there close-up pictures of the Swag bag figures anywhere?

I’ve seen this one of the Mousling.

9C441FDA-DB42-4253-9D35-C227DE4AB890.jpeg.65655b0651326c91e3268021ece0cb86.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

@Green Eyed Monster I think I was too brain dead to tell you last night and in case I forget to tell you/don’t see you later - your costumes are always super fun but your Dumbledore costume is definitely my favourite. I literally didn’t even recognize you at first, I just thought “oh, Dumbledore’s over there.” Well done, sir. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1